HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dunham Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Sather Hater

vCash: 500
Dunham Proposal

As the trade deadline approaches, and Dunham just about losing all his confidence in a Rangers jersey, and the direction the Rangers are headed, what do you think about trading Dunham to Colorado for Phil Suave? The Av's most likely will trade for a experienced back up goalie for their playoff run, especially after Suave let up 7 goals against Calgary.

With the Rangers rebuilding and Blackburn's injury causing some uncertainty, and Lundqvuist most likely few years away from possibly making the big club why not try and get a young goalie with some potential to split time with one of our current youngsters. Larbarbera has shown he doesn't have what it takes to play in the big leagues. Truthfully, I have never been that high on Suave, except he did look good in the Young Guns game, when he won the MVP.

It seems like a deal that could benefit both clubs. I know we're all down on Dunham right now, but when he's on his game he can be a top goalie. He's played on the last 3 olympic teams, and will most likely still be the starter for the USA World Cup team this summer. Maybe a trade to the Av's will get him to raise his game a level like he did when he came to the Rangers last year, and for a brief period the beginning of this year.

Old
03-08-2004, 04:04 PM
moosemessier

they have jamie m now. no way he can be as bad as dunham. i think that he is absolutely horrid. labarbera is no where near ready for the big time. our best goalie was traded recently.

i would give dunham away for an 8th rounder.

It seems like a deal that could benefit both clubs. I know we're all down on Dunham right now, but when he's on his game he can be a top goalie. He's played on the last 3 olympic teams, and will most likely still be the starter for the USA World Cup team this summer. Maybe a trade to the Av's will get him to raise his game a level like he did when he came to the Rangers last year, and for a brief period the beginning of this year.[/QUOTE]

Old
03-08-2004, 04:07 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemessier
they have jamie m now. no way he can be as bad as dunham. i think that he is absolutely horrid. labarbera is no where near ready for the big time. our best goalie was traded recently.

i would give dunham away for an 8th rounder.

It seems like a deal that could benefit both clubs. I know we're all down on Dunham right now, but when he's on his game he can be a top goalie. He's played on the last 3 olympic teams, and will most likely still be the starter for the USA World Cup team this summer. Maybe a trade to the Av's will get him to raise his game a level like he did when he came to the Rangers last year, and for a brief period the beginning of this year.
[/QUOTE]

One thing I dont understand, is why sather even trading Markkanen, Im not complaining about it but Markkanen is cheap and played well here. I would have Markkanen as my number one guy anyday over Dunham.

Old
03-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Jayce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
what do you think about trading Dunham to Colorado for Phil Suave?
I'm not sure we need another average goalie. Sure, he'd be cheaper and can improve, but the way I see it is that he's another Labarbera.

Quote:
Larbarbera has shown he doesn't have what it takes to play in the big leagues.
I do not think Sauve has shown it either, so far.

Quote:
It seems like a deal that could benefit both clubs.
It can't hurt to lose Dunham who's lost all confidence here. A change of scenery might be what he needs. I'd rather be getting something else than Sauve back, be it a mid level pick or a 2nd/3rd tier prospect.

Closed Thread