Old
04-20-2009, 03:32 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstSaviour View Post
Hey guys.

Anyone know what Swiss channels are showing the World Championships starting this Friday? Has a television schedule been released on the internet?

NHL: Vancouver
NLA: Bern
I haven't check the full TV-schedule yet, but the public channel SF2, TSR2 and RSI2 will carry all the Switzerland games for sure, and probably some others (for games without Switzerland, the Italian language channel RSI2 is your best bet as they usually show more games). Then there is DSF, the German sport channel which will show every Germany games and probably some more. Unfortunately, as both Switzerland and Germany are in the same group, all those channels will probably show the same games. Then you might get some Austria game if you get TW1 or an other Austrian channel.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 06:28 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Lucerne is charming, definitely a must see. Good choice to start from there. From the biggest cities, give Zurich and Bern a try, both have really nice old towns. Basle doesn't offer as much and Lausanne and Geneva, though nice places, are probably not worth the long trip from Lucerne. A must see is the Italian speaking part, so definitely plan a trip to Bellinzona and Lugano, both are gorgeous places. Then you of course need to go to some mountain places, and I think that from Lucerne the most convenient place to go is the Interlaken area.

Maybe it's too much to fit in a four days trip. Are you there for 4 full days or is that including the day arrival and departure days?
Thanks for your input!

I guess it's more like 3 and a half days - I'm flying into Zurich at 11 am, but I'm not counting my departure day, because it's early in the morning. So it's 3 full days, plus the second part of my arrival day. Wish I had more time to spend there, but it probably means that I'll just have to come back someday

I just read up on the Italian region a little bit more, and I'm now very intrigued. You just made my choices a lot harder (j/k )

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
TheFirstSaviour

Quote:
I haven't check the full TV-schedule yet, but the public channel SF2, TSR2 and RSI2 will carry all the Switzerland games for sure, and probably some others (for games without Switzerland, the Italian language channel RSI2 is your best bet as they usually show more games). Then there is DSF, the German sport channel which will show every Germany games and probably some more. Unfortunately, as both Switzerland and Germany are in the same group, all those channels will probably show the same games. Then you might get some Austria game if you get TW1 or an other Austrian channel.
Thanks.

So it is not worth my while to look into purchasing any cable channels? Does anyone know of any website that will be streaming games?

I think I watched some last year on a Latvian site.

TheFirstSaviour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 04:53 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

I remember the IIHF offering paying streams (at around 3 USD a game IIRC) of all games in 2007 (not sure for last year as I attended the tournament), so maybe watch for an announcement on the official website.

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 03:56 PM
TheFirstSaviour

Good point. Although I had problems with that site last year, I recall. Thanks for your advice.

Old
04-24-2009, 03:48 AM
TheFirstSaviour

Quote:
Thanks.

So it is not worth my while to look into purchasing any cable channels? Does anyone know of any website that will be streaming games?

I think I watched some last year on a Latvian site.
To answer my own question, there is an excellent thread regarding streaming in the World Championships forum. Check it out for some free options. The IIHF site is also streaming and showing all the games on demand. They are also showing highlights.

Old
05-17-2009, 08:16 PM
Eazy T

Quote:
To answer my own question, there is an excellent thread regarding streaming in the World Championships forum. Check it out for some free options. The IIHF site is also streaming and showing all the games on demand. They are also showing highlights.
Thats pretty cool. Too bad I did not see this post soon enough. C'est la vie.

Anyways, its been a while since I came to this thread.
I'm always of the opinion that actors like Nicolas Cage or other over the hill guys should call it quits all together. Anybody with me on this one?

Eazy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2010, 03:29 PM
MrSports*

Quote:

Is the IIHF site ready to forecast all the games in the season?

MrSports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2010, 05:35 PM
ExE

Quote:
Lausanne sucks at hockey, don't bother with the game and go directly to a bar, the nightlife is great over there
Lausanne is an hockey town. Hockey is number 1 sport here and we got one of the best atmosphere on the rink. It's gonna be insane when we will be back in lna

ExE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2010, 05:09 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
There are not many successful on topic thread about Switzerland, so not sure an off topic one will go far...

But yeah, I like heavy metal
this is a train wreck and you are asleep in the caboose

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote