HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pouliot

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Pouliot

route138 from the qmjhl board says that Marc has a broken bone in his hand and will miss 3-4 weeks.

Old
03-05-2004, 10:04 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
route138 from the qmjhl board says that Marc has a broken bone in his hand and will miss 3-4 weeks.
And the saga of Mr. Glass continues.

Old
03-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Matts

Yeah

hopefully someone here can dig some stats that show a kid that was injury prone in junior but who stayed away from the IR in the bigs but MAP certainly looks injury prone

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...TRUE&pid=61459

Old
03-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Lowetide

Well damn, but he at least did some nice things with his season so it isn't completely lost ala Niinimaki.

The other good thing is that as the Oilers look at what is certain in their system, goal and center are still at the top of the "needs" list.

Someone like Chipchura or Montoya seems likely with that 1st rounder.

Old
03-05-2004, 11:32 PM
momentai

Man. That's a tough "break". That explains why he wasn't playing tonight against Chicoutimi. That's a heck of a lot of injuries for Pouliot now...

Old
03-06-2004, 12:38 AM
jadeddog

this is yet another reason that i am not sold on pouliot yet...... i know that injuries arent really his fault, but it just seems that he is always getting hurt...... to be honest, ill be surprised to see him play more than 50 games for the oilers.... i know that may sound harsh, but its just my "gut feeling" on this situation

Old
03-06-2004, 05:09 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
what about his physical body strength? is it underdeveloped ?

I just hope he can make camp so that the Oilers physios and trainers can get a good look at him.

Old
03-06-2004, 10:50 AM
GorillazXL

What's with our first rounders and injuries or sickness... first it was Heinrich who had mono and was pretty much gone for a year (I believe this was what started his slide from progress). Niinimaki out for a year with a shoulder injury, Pouliot with on going injuries... he probally visits the hospital more often then a 7-11.

GXL

Old
03-06-2004, 10:57 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Most of Pouliot's injuries are fairly typical amongst young developing athletes. Muscle strains and pulls are very common, which is what most of his injuries have been.

He hasn't blown out a knee or a shoulder, or torn ligaments anywhere. Yes he broke a bone in his hand, but york has done that twice in the past 2 years and no one is labelling him injury prone.

Once Pouliot fills out a bit, and stops growing, the injuries he had won't be as common.

Old
03-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone
Most of Pouliot's injuries are fairly typical amongst young developing athletes. Muscle strains and pulls are very common, which is what most of his injuries have been.

He hasn't blown out a knee or a shoulder, or torn ligaments anywhere. Yes he broke a bone in his hand, but york has done that twice in the past 2 years and no one is labelling him injury prone.

Once Pouliot fills out a bit, and stops growing, the injuries he had won't be as common.
Well said, his injuries do not seem to be very serious or re-occuring like a concussion. I wouldn't worry too much, I think he will be a great player.

Old
03-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Cowboy

Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
Breaking a hand isn't really injury prone, everyone will break something in their lifetime. At least we got the chance to see that he is capable of scoring which is why he was drafted.

Old
03-06-2004, 11:34 AM
Lowetide

Hemsky played 68 and 53 in his two seasons in the Q, Pouliot has played 65 and 42 (this season).

imo, his putting up solid numbers while healthy (25-33-58) puts him on target as a prospect.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:59 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgbone

Exactly.

It can take up to 2 years for muscles to catch up to bone growth. Since they are already 'damaged' (the body breaks down to build/re-build), strains and pulls are what you can expect when you apply high stress and impact to them. He may have tried to 'bulk-up' a bit before his muscles caught up too, adding to the muscle stress.

I prioritize my worries. This isn't one of them.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Matts

That makes me feel better, LT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Hemsky played 68 and 53 in his two seasons in the Q, Pouliot has played 65 and 42 (this season).

imo, his putting up solid numbers while healthy (25-33-58) puts him on target as a prospect.
I guess I won't have to start worrying about MAP until it's his second season in the league and MacT isn't playing him because he isn't defensive enough

Old
03-06-2004, 05:08 PM
momentai

For me, injury-proneness (is that even a word?) isn't a concern for me. What concerns me is that the injuries have taken away time for him to develop like we would have expected. These injuries are setbacks in terms of development and that is disappointing.

Old
03-06-2004, 06:09 PM
GorillazXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
For me, injury-proneness (is that even a word?) isn't a concern for me. What concerns me is that the injuries have taken away time for him to develop like we would have expected. These injuries are setbacks in terms of development and that is disappointing.
Agreed, Pouliot IMO isn't a huge concern, because when ha came back he showed he could pick up where he left off, but Niinimaki is a bit of a concern, he was playing well before his season ending injury, it might take alot to get him back to pace. Hopefully he'll come to NA and play in the AHL next year.

GXL

Closed Thread