HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers interested in Morris?

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 08:52 AM
blah

vCash: 500
Flyers interested in Morris?

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=18170&rfi=6
Quote:
Meanwhile, the Flyers likely are still looking for defensive help. One name that has popped up as a possibility is Colorado’s Derek Morris. Why the Avalanche would want to trade him in his prime is anybody’s guess, considering Morris had 26 points, a plus-7 rating and averages more than 20 minutes per game entering play Wednesday night.
I'm hoping he doesn't. Morris does not address the crease clearer issue.

Not sure how possible it is, but maybe Colorado wants to move his salary in order to swing a deal for Kolzig. Washington probably doesn't want Morris's 3.5mil? salary so the Avs would have to find a taker.

Last edited by blah: 03-04-2004 at 09:03 AM.
Old
03-04-2004, 08:58 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Morris or Witt have my vote.

Old
03-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
What the return would be??

Old
03-04-2004, 09:01 AM
Teezax

it's more like i thought, i doubt Colorado moves him for a realistic package, we don't have what it takes to make it work without giving up one of our studs. I'd rather take a look at Witt.

Old
03-04-2004, 09:02 AM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Morris or Witt have my vote.
get witt it!

Old
03-04-2004, 09:51 AM
Coburnfan05

I would perer Witt over Morris...Cheaper salary and less to give up to aquire. Morris is an excellent dman but since his move to Colorado he isn't as physical as he used to be in Calgary.

Old
03-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
get witt it!
We understand your stance - please stop putting that bothersome catch phrase in every thread.

Old
03-04-2004, 11:32 AM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
We understand your stance - please stop putting that bothersome catch phrase in every thread.
thanks. i wondered how long it would take before i drove someone nutz.

Old
03-04-2004, 12:35 PM
MojoJojo

Morris would be awsome. But who would we give up? and doesnt that leave a hole on D in Colorado? Its not as if Colorado needs the help offensively, or like we have a high callibre goaltender we can trade. Makes no sense at all.

Old
03-04-2004, 12:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Colorado was offering him up for Gonchar. Now that they won't be getting Gonchar, there is no one on the market left that is better than Morris. They will be keeping him.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
03-05-2004, 05:45 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyman
What the return would be??
With Colorado's lack of offense by anyone other than Forsberg, Sakic, Tanguay and Hejduk, they would probably be looking for a forward that could come in and bolster their attack. With Forsberg still out and Selanne and Kariya being total busts so far, I had heard the Avs were looking to move Morris.....perhaps they are looking for someone like Gagne? While it may not be enough for Morris even up (or maybe it would be), Morris has not played all that well for most of the year..not up to what Lacoix expects for what Morris' salary is, that's for sure.

Old
03-05-2004, 08:47 AM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Morris would be awsome. But who would we give up? and doesnt that leave a hole on D in Colorado? Its not as if Colorado needs the help offensively, or like we have a high callibre goaltender we can trade. Makes no sense at all.
Exactly,that would leave them with a big hole on D.Plus they traded Drury for him,who do u guys have that can match that?Gagne?

Old
03-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Teezax

If Morris cost Gagné then screw him. we already lost Williams for a D Man. We still have Johnsson Pitkanen and Seidenberg as up an coming studs on the blue line.
We should woory more about our depth on the wings.

Old
03-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
If Morris cost Gagné then screw him. we already lost Williams for a D Man. We still have Johnsson Pitkanen and Seidenberg as up an coming studs on the blue line.
We should woory more about our depth on the wings.
I wouldn't consider Johnsson as an up and coming stud.

Old
03-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Bennevol10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
I wouldn't consider Johnsson as an up and coming stud.
Hey Buddy get real... Did you see how old is Johnsson... He is 26 or 27... He didn't even hit his prime... What do you call a player like that... He is very underrated...

Old
03-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Green Mile

It would be a time like this in which Comrie could be a valuable asset. I am not bashing the Comrie/Burke trade, I am simply just saying that I think another really good defenseman like Morris could really help out the team (moreso than Burke +), and that Comrie does have value. Straight up? Probably not, but imo a good start.

Old
03-06-2004, 10:12 AM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
If Morris cost Gagné then screw him.
LOL.

What has Simon Gagne done in the past two years to warrant Derek Morris?

It'd cost more than Gagne, and I doubt the Avs would even want him to begin with. It'd likely be a deal centering around Michael Handzus that would MAYBE get the Avs to listen.

I'd hate to see the Flyers get D-Mo though... Morris, Johnsson, Pitkanen... yikes.

Old
03-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennevol10
Hey Buddy get real... Did you see how old is Johnsson... He is 26 or 27... He didn't even hit his prime... What do you call a player like that... He is very underrated...
He is 28 on March 16. I happen to think he has been the best d-man for the Flyers all season and has stepped it up since Desjardins get went down. Personally, I would put him in the top fifteen active defenseman He'll be top ten, maybe in top five by the time he enters his prime (partially by improvement and partially retirement of some of the older guys)

By no means do I mean to underrate him in your eyes. I'm not saying he is the best we will see him and I am not saying that he won't improve. I think he can tweak a few things here and there to improve his game, but in terms of development from draft year to present, I think he is close to the peak.

Johnsson is the epitome of what you can get out of a defenseman drafted in the later rounds of the draft (Last pick in 1994, 11th round, it is in the NHLPA player of the week thread) And to think, it was the Rags that drafted him. He has gone well above the expectations of an 11th round draft pick.

At the moment he is 14th in points (37) by a defenseman and 17 in defenseman goals (9). He is going to set personal bests in goals(11), assists(30), and points(41) this year.

Seidenberg is 22, Pitkanen is 20, Klesla is almost 22, Bouwmeester is about 20, Volchenkov is going on 22. These are up and coming studs. Johnsson is in his fifth season, going into his third postseason

Closed Thread