HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Deadline question

Old
01-02-2009, 01:28 PM
stlbluesfan

vCash: 500
Trade Deadline question

I am from St.Louis and a few people are discussing what we will do at the trade deadline. Some have suggested that Keith Tkachuk would bring in a first round pick from the Rangers. So I thought I would ask Rangers fans. His stats this year through 37 games is 13G 13A. Does anyone think the Rangers mgmt would give up their 2009 1st round pick for a 25-30 goal scorer to use in this years playoffs?

stlbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:32 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbluesfan View Post
I am from St.Louis and a few people are discussing what we will do at the trade deadline. Some have suggested that Keith Tkachuk would bring in a first round pick from the Rangers. So I thought I would ask Rangers fans. His stats this year through 37 games is 13G 13A. Does anyone think the Rangers mgmt would give up their 2009 1st round pick for a 25-30 goal scorer to use in this years playoffs?
I would not trade a first round pick for Tkachuk. Maybe a second round pick. Maybe. More likely a prospect and a third.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:34 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

We are definitely NOT giving up our first round pick.

Unless Boyes is coming back the other way, don't plan on getting a first, a second, or a third round pick from us.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Duponttime*

Quote:
First round picks are EXPECTED to be good players and make the NHL. Why would a team give up a 1st for an old, overpaid relic forward? It makes it no sense. We just had a thread about giving up a second round pick. I suggested you do it for a young player who has played in the NHL, produced a little and has upside. So for Tkachuk I wouldn't give up anymore than a 5th round pick. The Blues have been living on trading that relic the past couple years and then having him come back. No thanks. Move on.

Some fans still think these are the old days where the Rangers trade 1st round picks. I don't believe the Rangers have traded a first round pick since 2002

Duponttime* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Vitto79

Atlanta gave up a frist rounder maybe even 2?

I don't think the Rangers would

Dawes, Prucha and mid round

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Duponttime*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

Are you out of your mind trading Dawes in a deal for an old relic? Unreal. If the kid got PP time like he should he would be on his way to becoming a 25-30 G-A player. You can't be serious. Tkachuk isn't worth any young player at this point.

Old
01-02-2009, 01:52 PM
stlbluesfan

Thats what I figured. You would essentially be trading unknown potential for 5 or so goals in the playoffs depending on how far you got. How badly you would need those few goals I guess well have to see. We did the same thing a couple of years ago when we traded Doug Weight to Carolina. Getting those few extra points worked out well for them but not so for Atlanta (Tkachuk) or San Jose (Geurin). And it worked out great for us as we got Ian Cole and David Perron out of those deals. So as much as it sucks not stealing another 1st rounder from someone, I really cant blame you. It would not be a smart move.

stlbluesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:53 PM
D713B

If you're interested I hear Dan Fritsche is available for a second round pick.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 01:54 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:

He was almost 2 years younger, and Atlanta was pressured to do something to try and advance their franchise. Unfortunately for them, it didn't really work

The Rangers won't give up a first for Tchachuk. If they do then Sather is an idiot. Tkachuk won't make this team that much better because there are way too many other holes that also have to be filled.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Duponttime*

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
If you're interested I hear Dan Fritsche is available for a second round pick.
Again, would make a lot of sense for the Blues. They need some more young forwards with offensive upside. In true Rangers fashion he would leave here and flourish.

Old
01-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Duponttime*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Keep telling yourself that. Maybe it will come true.
Don't have to. Learn about the history of incompetence with this organization. Facts don't lie. Currently our head coach is a complete idiot with no ability to recognize talent or create lines.

Old
01-02-2009, 02:24 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Pass.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 02:24 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duponttime View Post
Don't have to. Learn about the history of incompetence with this organization. Facts don't lie. Currently our head coach is a complete idiot with no ability to recognize talent or create lines.
I'm beginning to think you are actually Dan Fritsche.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Pass.
ok then, tell me who is a better option out of the players likely available or UFA's?

Tkatchuk is a great fit for this team, he's a veteran leader and Sather has shown interest in him in the past

not sure why people think dealing Dawes for him is crazy............we just had a Blues fan ask for a first which I don't think is that crazy............

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 02:30 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
I'm beginning to think you are actually Dan Fritsche.

I second that.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 02:32 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I think KT is a good thought for the Rangers as he addresses a few needs.

Would not give a 1st but would consider a pick and prospect.

01-02-2009, 02:34 PM
SML

Ask yourself this? Would Keith Tkachuk put the Rangers over the top into cup contender status? I don't think so. Therefore you do not make the deal. Especially when there is Brendan Shanahan sitting around doing nothing that you could add for free and is a much more known commodity. Besides, any hope the Rangers have in the post season centers directly on Henrik Lundqvist getting hot and the team playing sound defensive hockey. I don't think adding KT is going to turn them into a goalscoring machine. No reason from NYR point to make a deal like this.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Fritsche and a 3rd

Ih8theislanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 03:44 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Ask yourself this? Would Keith Tkachuk put the Rangers over the top into cup contender status? I don't think so. Therefore you do not make the deal. Especially when there is Brendan Shanahan sitting around doing nothing that you could add for free and is a much more known commodity. Besides, any hope the Rangers have in the post season centers directly on Henrik Lundqvist getting hot and the team playing sound defensive hockey. I don't think adding KT is going to turn them into a goalscoring machine. No reason from NYR point to make a deal like this.
Bingo! We have aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnner!

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 03:58 PM
nyr7andcounting

JD might have some interest in Prucha if he's thinking he can revert back to his rookie season form with a change of scenery. And if Renney isn't going to play him consistently let's face it, he doesn't have much a future here.

I'd do Prucha for Tkachuck, but not sure the salaries could work out.

I'm also assuming Tkachuck is in the last year of his deal. If not then forget it, I wouldn't want him past this season.

Last edited by nyr7andcounting: 01-02-2009 at 04:07 PM.
nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 04:06 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
If you're last point comes true, than the answer to your question might be closer to yes than you seem to think.

Tkachuck is way past his prime, but his stats this season would make him 2nd in goals and 3rd in points on the Rangers. And he's done that on a terrible team.

Will he help our defensive play? Not a chance.

But after that our next 2 biggest problems are size/grit at forward and the PP. He would certainly help in both of those areas. He has 9 PP goals and would be the power forward in front of the net that it seems we've been missing for a while.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Rissmiller and Kalinin for TkaCHUNK

lets do it

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 06:29 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
ok then, tell me who is a better option out of the players likely available or UFA's?

Tkatchuk is a great fit for this team, he's a veteran leader and Sather has shown interest in him in the past

not sure why people think dealing Dawes for him is crazy............we just had a Blues fan ask for a first which I don't think is that crazy............
Did I say that? No, I answered the question the OP asked, which was would I give up a first round pick for Tkachuk. I said no. When FLY or someone mentioned getting Tkachuk a couple weeks ago, I said the idea is intriguing, depending on the price. IMO, Tkachuk doesn't put us close to the top, let alone over it, which is why I'm not giving up a first for him.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Macke*

Rangers should be over Gabroik( I know, I know) or Kovalchuk at the deadline...

give up a 1st rounder for Kovalchuk..not many others.

Macke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 06:33 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
If you take Kalinin too, yes.

NYRSchrute217 is online now   Reply With Quote