HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Revised: Spezza Huet (formerly Khabibulin) Filatov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2009, 07:54 PM
  #26
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 106,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk24bob View Post
I don't think that 4 months of cap space is worth putting Spezza in the Central until 2013 for the Hawks
Bingo!

Much better said then my post!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:56 PM
  #27
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,735
vCash: 500
why exactly are the Hawks getting a 2nd and 3rd for 2 salaries they want to dump? Sopel has 2 years left on his contract and I don't see Ottawa being desperate to aquire these 2. What do they do with Gerber and Auld? At the very least Chicago would be taking Smith back and not getting a pick. I'd say it's more likely that Chicago takes Gerber and Smith for Sopel and Khabibulin. But in all honesty why is Chicago even involved in this trade.

To Ott: Filatov, 1st in'09

To CLB: Spezza.

To OTT:Khabibulin 9.083 million cap hit.
Sopel
2nd '09 or '10

To Chi:Smith
Gerber 6.3 million cap hit.

The last trade is useless aside from adding some cap space to Chicago. So the pick would have to be going Ottawa's direction. Sopel is also signed one year longer then Smith. The only benefit for the teams to do this is that it gives the Hawks around an extra million to spend at the deadline and gives Ottawa an extra pick in the draft. No way Chicago walks away with good picks.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:57 PM
  #28
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
As a Hawk fan this proposed deal is horrible.

Forget what you opinions of Khabby's value is. Why Would the Hawks help a division rival get instantly better?

Khabibulin will be worth at least a 2nd if we move him near trade deadline. He has played great this year.

Hawks aren't giving away Khabby just to move Sopel.

Now if we got something of value along with pick (We already have Calgary's 2nd from Bourque trade and Toronto's 2nd in 2010 from Lang trade)

Moving Khabby weakens our current team. A team with Cup aspirations. Unless we get something that helps our team we wont move him.
with those 2 2nd round picks and the two picks in this proposed trade sounds like you can really load up at the trade deadline, provided this trade goes through. $9 million in cap room at the deadline means you can get at least a couple of impact players - the problem is that chicago has no cap space right now to do anything at the deadline

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:57 PM
  #29
Pukboy5kroner
Registered User
 
Pukboy5kroner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
As a Hawk fan this proposed deal is horrible.

Forget what you opinions of Khabby's value is. Why Would the Hawks help a division rival get instantly better?

Khabibulin will be worth at least a 2nd if we move him near trade deadline. He has played great this year.

Hawks aren't giving away Khabby just to move Sopel.

Now if we got something of value along with pick (We already have Calgary's 2nd from Bourque trade and Toronto's 2nd in 2010 from Lang trade)

Moving Khabby weakens our current team. A team with Cup aspirations. Unless we get something that helps our team we wont move him.
That's what I was hinting at. I wouldn't trade him for a 2nd and a 3rd. Huet hasn't been great, but I wouldn't trade him either. I think the combination of having two solid goalies is really a good thing for Chicago. Chicago doesn't look right in this deal really. It just looks like they were thrown in to make Ottawa feel better about trading Spezza.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 07:59 PM
  #30
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 106,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
with those 2 2nd round picks and the two picks in this proposed trade sounds like you can really load up at the trade deadline, provided this trade goes through. $9 million in cap room at the deadline means you can get at least a couple of impact players - the problem is that chicago has no cap space right now to do anything at the deadline
Yeah but what #2 centers in the league could we acquire without having to give up proven assets?

If we got to Pittsburgh and offer them prospects and picks for Staal they would want a young proven NHL player (Byfuglien, Bolland or Ladd)

Plus Khabby has played great all year and is our best chance to carry us in the playoffs. Hawks play better when he is in net.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:01 PM
  #31
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Yeah but what #2 centers in the league could we acquire without having to give up proven assets?

If we got to Pittsburgh and offer them prospects and picks for Staal they would want a young proven NHL player (Byfuglien, Bolland or Ladd)

Plus Khabby has played great all year and is our best chance to carry us in the playoffs. Hawks play better when he is in net.
nylander??

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:01 PM
  #32
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount
 
mcphllp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhawk24bob View Post
I don't think that 4 months of cap space is worth putting Spezza in the Central until 2013 for the Hawks
Ya thats a great point, never thought of it that way. This wont happen. Imagine having to play Nash and Spezza on the same line, and knowing that you put Spezza there.

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:02 PM
  #33
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 106,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
why exactly are the Hawks getting a 2nd and 3rd for 2 salaries they want to dump? Sopel has 2 years left on his contract and I don't see Ottawa being desperate to aquire these 2. What do they do with Gerber and Auld? At the very least Chicago would be taking Smith back and not getting a pick. I'd say it's more likely that Chicago takes Gerber and Smith for Sopel and Khabibulin. But in all honesty why is Chicago even involved in this trade.

To Ott: Filatov, 1st in'09

To CLB: Spezza.

To OTT:Khabibulin 9.083 million cap hit.
Sopel
2nd '09 or '10

To Chi:Smith
Gerber 6.3 million cap hit.

The last trade is useless aside from adding some cap space to Chicago. So the pick would have to be going Ottawa's direction. Sopel is also signed one year longer then Smith. The only benefit for the teams to do this is that it gives the Hawks around an extra million to spend at the deadline and gives Ottawa an extra pick in the draft. No way Chicago walks away with good picks.
2 things!

#1- Hawks aren't looking to dump Khabby's salary anymore. We are happy with his play and not giving him away.

#2- Sopel > Smith and Khabby >>>> Infinity then Gerber

And as a package
Sopel, Khabby and 2nd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinity +1 Smith and Gerber

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
  #34
duncanmac12
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
I think OTT needs a little more.
yeah make it Huet instead, and IMO that might be enough

duncanmac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:03 PM
  #35
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 106,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
nylander??
I said #2 centers!

Not declining former #2 centers!

Plus with his contract that hurts the Hawks future!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
  #36
spot
Registered User
 
spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 500
I think that your trade proposal is quite fair and well thought out. Good job. My only question and maybe Senator fans could answer is: If Ottawa is looking to rebuild would they want a guy like Khabby in net? I know he is a ufa next season but with him for this season they would add cap and win a few more games which in turn would make their 1st round pick lower.

spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:04 PM
  #37
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
just pure speculation here but doesn't Vinnie Lecavallier make around the same money as Khabibulin - Chi is loaded with draft picks after this trade and Tampa is a lost cause - wouldn't be surprised to see Lecavallier move if TB is realistically looking at getting tavares

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:06 PM
  #38
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spot View Post
I think that your trade proposal is quite fair and well thought out. Good job. My only question and maybe Senator fans could answer is: If Ottawa is looking to rebuild would they want a guy like Khabby in net? I know he is a ufa next season but with him for this season they would add cap and win a few more games which in turn would make their 1st round pick lower.
thanks spot, i have been a member for a couple of weeks and those are the first kind words i have heard from anyone

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:07 PM
  #39
Hawkscap
Registered User
 
Hawkscap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,682
vCash: 500
Sopel is on Long term Injury. Rumor has it he is done for the year.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:10 PM
  #40
CBJFan827
Registered User
 
CBJFan827's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrepeterson View Post
To Columbus
C Jason Spezza ($7 Million cap hit through 2012-13)

The Blue Jackets have never made the playoffs and are not currently in a playoff position. Their scoring level isn't where it needs to be. Being $6 million under the salary cap management owes it to their fans to make a deal.* With young phenom Brassard out for the season they need to make a bold move to replace his firepower.
We're one point out of a playoff position. At the moment we don't need to jeopardize the future for Spezza. We could be stuck ala Rangers/Flyers lately or Tampa in earlier years with a difficult cap hell with Spezza's monster contract coupled with Nash's potential giant contract. Also, I don't think we need a huge change. While we DO need a top six center, I don't think we need this deal.

And of course, the original poster has been posting stupid Ottawa-Columbus deals for a week, and I should have known it wouldn't be any better this time. STOP IT.

CBJFan827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:11 PM
  #41
The Flower
Feel Aflie's Wrath!
 
The Flower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeysense View Post
Sorry, I haven't kept up with the Blue Jackets management lately =/
And I'm not surprised that Filatov is untradable lol
lol, you live in Toronto...don't you see his (McLean's) mug on Rogers Sportsnet every other night? If you haven't seen him yet, check Rick Nash's kiester on the highlight reel...MacLean's lips can usually be found nereby!

The Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:14 PM
  #42
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 106,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
Sopel is on Long term Injury. Rumor has it he is done for the year.
We could only hope!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:15 PM
  #43
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster
 
dredeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
2 things!

#1- Hawks aren't looking to dump Khabby's salary anymore. We are happy with his play and not giving him away.

#2- Sopel > Smith and Khabby >>>> Infinity then Gerber

And as a package
Sopel, Khabby and 2nd >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinity +1 Smith and Gerber
Then why do they keep proposing trading Khabby? It's great your happy with him. Keep him. I'm not an Ottawa fan I'm talking as an outsider. Ottawa is taking 2 pieces they don't need at all without making any room for them. The OP added Chicago for no reason. A UFA goalie doesn't help them and Sopel definately doesn't make them any better today, next year or in the last year of his contract. Just as a sidenote Smith is much better then Sopel. The original proposal was to clear a ton of cap space for you. My counter proposal makes it possible for both teams to do it while still clearing cap space for the Hawks. You make the pick a 3rd but there will be something extra going the sens direction.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:15 PM
  #44
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
filatov just scored again

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:28 PM
  #45
Massena Sens Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 410
vCash: 500
Sopel has just been placed on injured reserve with an undisclosed injury. He had been made redundant by the return of Wisnieski and Johnson and now he is gone so I don't know how realistic this trade is anymore. Didn't know about this when i posted.

Massena Sens Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:28 PM
  #46
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,711
vCash: 500
dude..really? just stop making proposals. Spezza isn't going to Columbus. K?

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 08:39 PM
  #47
Dominic Roussel
Tank Mode: Fail
 
Dominic Roussel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ATX
Country: United States
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJFan827 View Post
And of course, the original poster has been posting stupid Ottawa-Columbus deals for a week, and I should have known it wouldn't be any better this time. STOP IT.
No ****. A mod needs to lock his thread-making ability in this particular forum, lol.

Dominic Roussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 09:08 PM
  #48
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
You really are eager to get rid of Spezza, aren't you?

This isn't all that bad, but I think Columbus needs to add more to the pot.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:13 PM
  #49
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,108
vCash: 500
Value wize it's good but it has a 0% chance of occuring as someone else already mentioned Sens would have no #1 (or even #2 for that matter) center.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2009, 10:44 PM
  #50
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Value wize it's good but it has a 0% chance of occuring as someone else already mentioned Sens would have no #1 (or even #2 for that matter) center.
Well maybe you might want to consider that the Sens would have three first round draft picks, and since this is a rebuilding proposal, having no #1 C for the rest of year would, hopefully improve the Sens own draft pick. This "no #1 C" shutdown is bogus - they don't need to pick up a #1 C in the Spezza trade itself.

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.