HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk III - All talk goes here!

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2009, 09:13 PM
jokerboysmith

vCash: 500
A travestiy to say the least.

No I am not a Capitals fan but Ovechkin and Green should be starters over Kovalev and Komisarek.

I would agree with Price and Markov (who i voted for).

Old
01-03-2009, 09:24 PM
la25ecoupe

Who's going to the McDonalds practice?

Old
01-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Funny that most of the fans of the 29 other teams weren't making it their life mission to vote a career 0.15PPG player to a game showcasing (supposedly) the league's best talent
Like you said, it's 29 to 1. If they cared enough they could have easily voted a "more deserving" player in. Hell, a medium-sized fan-base like Pittsburgh almost got Gonchar and Whitney in. Where were all of Boston's die-hards to get Chara in?

So why should people who don't care enough to make a difference get what they want?

And if showcasing talent is what you're concerned about, frankly those who pick the non-starters have a much shoddier record than the fans in recent history so maybe your concern should be directed towards them.

Old
01-03-2009, 10:08 PM
suprez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
Only Markov and Price deserve to be there. The voting system is a scam and here's hoping that this league finally changes the way players are selected.

Having said that, it will be fun to watch Kovalev in the skills' competition.

Kovalev deserve to be here.He's a show only by himself.You watch the all-star game because it's a show not a stanley cup run.He deserved to be here last years , yet he was not even invited.Plus it's probably the last time he will be invited during the all-stars game.

anyway i'm happy that kovy will be here.because he's so incredily skilled.Well deserved.But i agree ovechkin should take his place for the starter line.

Old
01-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Who's going to the McDonalds practice?
Is that where Lats tries to beat his old record of 250 McNuggets?

Edit:You know what cheeses me off? Toews got voted in to the West, and he's actually 1 point behind Kovalev!

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 01-03-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old
01-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Richard View Post
I am embarrassed as a Hab fan to see Kovalev there , pathetic , being rewarded for mediocrity .
One of the most spectacular and skilled player in the NHL, in a game where it's all skills... and youre embarrased... what logic.

Old
01-03-2009, 10:40 PM
JustAHabFan

What about Jonathan Toews? He got less point than Kovalev and got vote in to start the ASG and I did not see anyone here complain about him.

Old
01-03-2009, 10:42 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice Richard View Post
I am embarrassed as a Hab fan to see Kovalev there , pathetic , being rewarded for mediocrity .
Yeah his mediocrity has him leading this team in points.

Old
01-03-2009, 11:24 PM
deandebean

Booo, hooo, hooo. Cry babies. Who cares, we won, you lost. Deal with it.

It will be a blast to see Komisarek on the bench managed by Claude Julien, the same guy who dissed him when he was coaching.

And Kovalev in the skills competition, will be magical. I suspect he'll score 2 goals in the game. Could become the player of the game, only because he's that good with the puck.

Price has the right to be there. He's clearly in the top 2 goalies in the East. I believe second only to Thomas.

And Markov. No question asked.

Old
01-04-2009, 12:07 AM
RushDP

Quote:
You know, "clear majority and minority" doesnt constitute anything. It's obviously not even in the same realm but the clear majority of the world used to think slavery was cool, and the ones in the minority were "wrong." again, not in the same realm, but it singlehandedly proves that being in the majority doesn't mean you're right

"you cannot be right with millions of votes cast by millions of fans being wrong." -- yeah considering all the people who said "oh i voted 20,000 times today", clearly "millions" of fans voted

some people are really dense
Yes people that bring slavery into this debate are very dense.

The minority on this board are those who are so dense they can not comprehend the simple concept of voting for your favorite player. It CLEARLY said on the site "vote for your favorite player" not "vote for whoever Joey thinks should be there".

Dense posters make statements that Komi is a 0.15PPG player and therefore does not deserve to be at the ASG. They conveniently ignore that he was made eligible as a starter by the NHL in voting and his fans voted for him.

29 teams had their fanbases available to vote for anybody they chose. Nobody cared enough to vote. Now we are supposed to feel guilty because we voted our FAVORITE players in?

The NHL said 34 million votes were cast with 15M being texts and the rest online. If you so choose to support your stupid theory that a handful of Habs fans voted 20K times a day then you go right ahead and believe that.

The West starters are only Ducks and Blackhawks...should there be an investigation? There must be collusion with only the Pens, Habs, Ducks and Blackhawks fanbases caring enough to get their favorite players elected.

Some people are really dense.

Quote:
great point. to the guy who said we're in the clear minority -- well, montreal is 1 team and the league is 30 teams. whats the minority, 29 or 1? cause i can assure you the other 29 teams aren't patting themselves on the back for Komisarek starting
And to think that the author of this intellectual post actually alluded to another poster (said poster being me) as being dense.

The other 29 teams aren't patting themselves on the back because their fans don't care. The Bruins are first in the East, possibly the league and are on fire and their fans didn't vote for any of their players. Why is Thomas not a starter? Because the fans in Beantown don't care!! WE do!!

The minority here is the dunce that is trying to make it seem as though under the current rules and regulations set up by the NHL for this ASG we did ANYTHING wrong. It's like there is a moral wrong being committed here with Komi starting the game and then the rest of the "so-called" deserving players getting their share of the AS game.

Last edited by Squiffy: 01-04-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: personal attack not needed
Old
01-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Okay, since some here think of themselves as soooooooooooo logical and like to call other people homers who can't see clearly... you might wanna answer the ASG logic test.

#1 - When are the players on the ballot chosen by the NHL?

#2 - Concerning the ballot, is it based on this season?

#3 - Is the ballot based solely on the first month of play in the NHL?

#4 - Is the vote for the starting players a "popular" vote, giving the fans the choice to see who they want, or is it solely based on player's stats or on who is more deserving?

#5 - Are there examples of stay at home Dmen that have went to the ASG (even before the popular vote was instated)?

#6- If the players with the best stats should solely be the ones to go to the ASG, what is the purpose of having a popular vote?

#7 - Who finished as the 2nd best RW last season for points and who also finished 15th among all NHL pointers, and also Top 8 pointers in the East?

#8 - Do you feel the compulsory need to have everybody prescribe to your own faulty understanding of things?

When you'll answer all those questions correctly, then you might stop concluding things the wrong way.

Old
01-04-2009, 07:57 AM
RushDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Okay, since some here think of themselves as soooooooooooo logical and like to call other people homers who can't see clearly... you might wanna answer the ASG logic test.

#1 - When are the players on the ballot chosen by the NHL?

#2 - Concerning the ballot, is it based on this season?

#3 - Is the ballot based solely on the first month of play in the NHL?

#4 - Is the vote for the starting players a "popular" vote, giving the fans the choice to see who they want, or is it solely based on player's stats or on who is more deserving?

#5 - Are there examples of stay at home Dmen that have went to the ASG (even before the popular vote was instated)?

#6- If the players with the best stats should solely be the ones to go to the ASG, what is the purpose of having a popular vote?

#7 - Who finished as the 2nd best RW last season for points and who also finished 15th among all NHL pointers, and also Top 8 pointers in the East?

#8 - Do you feel the compulsory need to have everybody prescribe to your own faulty understanding of things?

When you'll answer all those questions correctly, then you might stop concluding things the wrong way.
How dare you bring logic to this debate?!

Don't you know it has become a crusade for "the deserving" now? That's right, there are some now leading the charge to prove how we are a reckless fanbase that has discredited the ASG. We should be embarrassed for having voted for our favorite players instead of other teams favorite players. We should have voted for OV because nobody in Washington did. Maybe OV should have signed with the Habs when he had the chance.

Komi should do the honourable thing and step aside according to some people here. He should ignore the fans that legally voted for him in a proper manner because a couple of posters think he isn't skilled enough. There are 29 other team that would kill to obtain Komi for their lineup but he isn't up to snuff for these people.

There are some posters here with strange moral compasses.

Old
01-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
How dare you bring logic to this debate?!

Don't you know it has become a crusade for "the deserving" now? That's right, there are some now leading the charge to prove how we are a reckless fanbase that has discredited the ASG. We should be embarrassed for having voted for our favorite players instead of other teams favorite players. We should have voted for OV because nobody in Washington did. Maybe OV should have signed with the Habs when he had the chance.

Komi should do the honourable thing and step aside according to some people here. He should ignore the fans that legally voted for him in a proper manner because a couple of posters think he isn't skilled enough. There are 29 other team that would kill to obtain Komi for their lineup but he isn't up to snuff for these people.

There are some posters here with strange moral compasses.
In the past it was ALWAYS about the deserving, it was an honor to be named to the allstar...not a joke like it is now...

Another thing, lets be honest for a second, please, don't use the excuse "It's because the game is played in Montreal we stuffed the ballots to get Komo in"....because if the game was in Toronto, Ottawa or even Boston (heck I am sure most of the league, but ESPICALLY those teams) I GARUNTEE the same thing happens... that Habs fans stuff the ballots to "stick it" to the other teams in their home town...and to say they wouldn't...YOU KNOW THEY WOULD...because the smile on Habs fans world wide if the game was in TO or Boston and announcing the lineup of the East being 100% Montreal and no home town boys for those cities would be too.... priceless (no pun intended)

My issue is simple...the fact that someone who has no business, averages .15 points per game is in the Allstar game, and therefore denying a spot to someone more deserving. I think in the allstar game you have like 20 man rosters, so your telling me that its fair to the rest of the league that the Habs take up 20% of the Allstar line up?...you KNOW a player who BELONGS there will be denied, because Komo was voted in...and thats my issue... i can live with Price, Markov deserves it...and Kovalev is skilled and will entertain...Komo though...why not just vote Hal Gil in...lmao

Old
01-04-2009, 10:35 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Sometimes, when I want to make posts, I look to see if you have already posted in case my point was already made.

Old
01-04-2009, 10:58 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
In the past it was ALWAYS about the deserving, it was an honor to be named to the allstar...not a joke like it is now...

Another thing, lets be honest for a second, please, don't use the excuse "It's because the game is played in Montreal we stuffed the ballots to get Komo in"....because if the game was in Toronto, Ottawa or even Boston (heck I am sure most of the league, but ESPICALLY those teams) I GARUNTEE the same thing happens... that Habs fans stuff the ballots to "stick it" to the other teams in their home town...and to say they wouldn't...YOU KNOW THEY WOULD...because the smile on Habs fans world wide if the game was in TO or Boston and announcing the lineup of the East being 100% Montreal and no home town boys for those cities would be too.... priceless (no pun intended)

My issue is simple...the fact that someone who has no business, averages .15 points per game is in the Allstar game, and therefore denying a spot to someone more deserving. I think in the allstar game you have like 20 man rosters, so your telling me that its fair to the rest of the league that the Habs take up 20% of the Allstar line up?...you KNOW a player who BELONGS there will be denied, because Komo was voted in...and thats my issue... i can live with Price, Markov deserves it...and Kovalev is skilled and will entertain...Komo though...why not just vote Hal Gil in...lmao
The Habs did not vote for their players in the past. We have at most one player each ASG for a long time. We do not think about stick it to other teams. But now that you have brought up the idea, we probably do exactly what you are suggesting. If other team is upset about it, then the blame is on you because we never think about this idea up until now.

Old
01-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
The Habs did not vote for their players in the past. We have at most one player each ASG for a long time. We do not think about stick it to other teams. But now that you have brought up the idea, we probably do exactly what you are suggesting. If other team is upset about it, then the blame is on you because we never think about this idea up until now.
If Tom Kostopolous is a Hab next season, I say we all get him in the ASG.

If not, Kyle Chipchura

Old
01-04-2009, 11:10 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
If Tom Kostopolous is a Hab next season, I say we all get him in the ASG.

If not, Kyle Chipchura
To upset Leafs/Bruins/Sens fans, I would say why not.

Old
01-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Sometimes, when I want to make posts, I look to see if you have already posted in case my point was already made.

Yeah, Ive noticed that too lately, we always share the same opinion.

I think the only thing we do did not agree on in the past was about Lats. I like him but still not sold on him, but yeah I know, he's young, time will tell.

Cheers to you too!

EDIT: I think it is to be expected from two people who both like Orwell's work.

Old
01-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Iwishihadacup

I love the whining about our guys in! really entertaining LMAO

Old
01-04-2009, 11:22 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Another thing, lets be honest for a second, please, don't use the excuse "It's because the game is played in Montreal we stuffed the ballots to get Komo in"....
By the way, I noticed that you keep posting on other boards and always called Komi as "Komo the Homo". If you do not have respect for our players then you are not welcome to post on our board.

Old
01-04-2009, 11:37 AM
David_99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
I love the whining about our guys in! really entertaining LMAO
Especially for years, no one gave two ***** about the all star game. Hell, 1/4 of the players selected started turning it down the past few years.

Yet all of a sudden, the Habs get 4 players voted in with the game being held in Montreal and the hockey world is in an uproar.

Old
01-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
No it wasn't. In the past decade it has ALWAYS been about the fans, hence the NHL's insistence on trying to get a representative from every NHL team. To accommodate the fans of those teams.

Wendel Clark (in a year he had 48 pts)
Marco Sturm (with 38 pts)
Sergei Krivokrasov (with a career high 48 pts that season!)

Marius Czerkawski (who although had a decent season that year, wouldn't fit your all-star criteria)
Martin Rucinsky (simply there because Montreal needed a representative)
Petr Buzek
Roman Turek (who'd leave the league 5 years later)

Donald Audette
Marcus Ragnarsson
Fredrik Modin

Mike York
Mark Parrish
Eric Daze
Espen Knutsen

Tom Poti
Patrick Lalime
Glen Murray
Jeff O'Neill

Nick Boynton
Gary Roberts
Glen Murray

Justin Williams
Jason Blake
Yanic Perreault

It's actually insulting that you think Komisarek and Kovalev stick out amongst this list of "all-stars".

Quote:
Yes, because history has shown this to be true... This has everything to do with the game being in Montreal and it being the centennial. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

Quote:
All hail Sergei Krivokrasov.

Old
01-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
No it wasn't. In the past decade it has ALWAYS been about the fans, hence the NHL's insistence on trying to get a representative from every NHL team. To accommodate the fans of those teams.

Wendel Clark (in a year he had 48 pts)
Marco Sturm (with 38 pts)
Sergei Krivokrasov (with a career high 48 pts that season!)

Marius Czerkawski (who although had a decent season that year, wouldn't fit your all-star criteria)
Martin Rucinsky (simply there because Montreal needed a representative)
Petr Buzek
Roman Turek (who'd leave the league 5 years later)

Donald Audette
Marcus Ragnarsson
Fredrik Modin

Mike York
Mark Parrish
Eric Daze
Espen Knutsen

Tom Poti
Patrick Lalime
Glen Murray
Jeff O'Neill

Nick Boynton
Gary Roberts
Glen Murray

Justin Williams
Jason Blake
Yanic Perreault

It's actually insulting that you think Komisarek and Kovalev stick out amongst this list of "all-stars".

Yes, because history has shown this to be true... This has everything to do with the game being in Montreal and it being the centennial. You're delusional if you think otherwise.

All hail Sergei Krivokrasov.
Okay... lol... I wil give you MANY MANY mistakes were made before (remember the glowing puck)...so the NHL has tried to clean its act up (I repeat tried) since the lockout...so lets just look at the people from 2007...

Jason Blake... every team needs a representative so he was the Islanders representative (plus he DID have 40 goals)

Justin Williams... did put up 76 points the year before and 67 the year he was selected (side note Kovalev is on pace for 62 points this year)

No Panic Yannic.... once again EVERY teams needs to have a representative...even the Phoenix Coyotes..Thats why I have beef with Komo taking a spot, because EVERY team does get to have 1 allstar...and due to the Habs having 4, and every team having a representative...that means by default someone who is actually deserving a spot will not have the chance to play

Side note...Glen Murray had 92 points in 2003 and over 40 goals... and he doesn't deserve it?...just because you hate on the Bruins, doesn't mean you cant say someone who actually DESERVED it doesn't belong there

Old
01-04-2009, 02:22 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Oh ya.. Mike Komo...total career points in NHL= 49...Glen Murray nearly doubled that in 1 season...

And Alex Ovechkin HAS doubled that EVERY season he has BEEN IN THE LEAGUE...but okay, he isn't a DMAN... fair enough..

Lets be more fair and only DMEN...the following all had more points in last years season than Komo has had HIS WHOLE CAREER...

Zdeno Chara
Mike Green
Sergi Gonchar
and of course...Mark Streit

Old
01-04-2009, 02:37 PM
TomPlex

All-Star Komi gets an assist today!

Closed Thread