HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/3/09 "Snow Fleurys" - Panthers VS. Penguins

View Poll Results: Who snow-blows over the other team?
Panthers 20 80.00%
Penguins 5 20.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Crosby is a little *****.

Horton's wrist shot is SICK!

PP looks great. I really like how they've moved away from the back to back passing at the point. If we can get our PP going we should be able to win games on a more consistent basis.
Yeah, ghey move on Sidney but he's just trying to fire up his club.

Our power play feels way more dangerous when we get the puck down low. Please Pete, do more of this... we really can't get any worse than we are now.

I'm not liking how no one really defends Soup. This kid is always willing to take a beating but it would be cool to see someone stick up for him every now and then. Lets see Stewart take on Talbot in the 3rd or something.

-ghoste

Old
01-03-2009, 01:51 PM
RainingRats

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
OT: Komisarek an All-Star starter
LOL, geez. I was at the game last week and the Montreal fans kept yelling, "Mike! Micheal!! Mike! Go Mike!!" every time he touched the puck, so annoying.

Old
01-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Crosby...what a sissy-boy, cake eating, punk.

Damn...best period of hockey I've seen in a LONG time! Horton and the breakaway...beautiful. There is nothing more sick than Horton with an attitude.

And I second Laus...I hope Soupy kicks serious ass in the third.

Old
01-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Forgot to mention Andy playing a really nice game. We needed this. Great saves on a few breakaways. He really even should have a shutout after 2 periods.

-ghoste

Old
01-03-2009, 01:58 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I like that What You Missed segment on the Pens coverage. What they do is play the highlights of the first two periods, with the sound from the commentators. I dont know if FSN Florida does it, but its an good segment to have.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:04 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
The announcer is a real D!@K! Talking about the 96 season with the rats, saying it was "the most annoying thing ever" and how it wouldnt be allowed now. Im sure if it was the other way around, it would of been great for Pittsburgh.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:04 PM
ShootIt

Frolik with the 6th goal.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:05 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Frolik!

Way to pad the stats!

Old
01-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Frolik scores! Keep putting it on them. 6-1 Panthers.

-ghoste

Old
01-03-2009, 02:06 PM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
I love it, lets blow these guys out in their own house.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

I can feel Nate getting the hatty.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:20 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
OT: Komisarek an All-Star starter
not sure if he's an allstar..but he's one hell of a dman

Old
01-03-2009, 02:21 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron lung View Post
I'm fortunate to have the Cats feed on HD on Centre Ice up here in Canada so I don't have to listen to the Pens announcers.
I don't think I could stomach listening to them praise and or defend Crosby's punk-arse behaviour in going after McLean.
true, but then you don't get the HD...

HD is worth the annoying Pens announcers.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:22 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

What a great game...Sound sound hockey.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Big win. Came it kind of slow but found our legs after that. Good boost of confidence going into a tough game in Montreal tomorrow.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:40 PM
RainingRats

Anderson kept us in the game early on. This was the big difference from the four game losing streak. He made enough saves for us to get some momentum. Most of all I'm thrilled with the PP. It looks so much better! Working the puck down low opens up so much for our players. It also gives more room for McCabe to release his shot. Very, very happy with the change in our PP.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Yeah, that was ridiculous. McLean didn't even know what was going on.

Is it me or does Malkin seem like a dirty player? I remember him either checking a panther from behind last year or kneeing someone. It might have been Booth.

This game is important, especially since the we're chasing the Penguins and it seems the tweaking of the PP has worked.
Both Malkin and Cindy are dirty. They dive, hit from behind, apparently jump people. Doesn't matter, Florida responded terrifically every time. Was a great game, especially to end the losing streak.

at the announcers, wow were they terrible. "It's a foregone conclusion that Bouw will test the market," "this is rock bottom to lose to the Panthers," blah, blah, blah.

01-03-2009, 02:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
The announcer is a real D!@K! Talking about the 96 season with the rats, saying it was "the most annoying thing ever" and how it wouldnt be allowed now. Im sure if it was the other way around, it would of been great for Pittsburgh.
Of course it would have been, had to do with the Panthers ousting the Pens back then as they were just talking about it. Going to have to get to a game there and throw a rat at him.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:47 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Both Malkin and Cindy are dirty. They dive, hit from behind, apparently jump people. Doesn't matter, Florida responded terrifically every time. Was a great game, especially to end the losing streak.

at the announcers, wow were they terrible. "It's a foregone conclusion that Bouw will test the market," "this is rock bottom to lose to the Panthers," blah, blah, blah.
I agree with the Bouw comment but I'm not sure as announcers they should speak as those it is a fact. They are homers. I'd put them up there with the guys from Tampa and Boston.

Old
01-03-2009, 02:50 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Yeah, for a new franchise in a non-hockey market to develop a unique identity while making a Cinderella run to the Stanley Cup is such a terrible thing!!!

Old
01-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
I agree with the Bouw comment but I'm not sure as announcers they should speak as those it is a fact. They are homers. I'd put them up there with the guys from Tampa and Boston.
It's not a foregone conclusion, though, I'd have to think he'd be gone if that were the case. I'd certainly hope so. I think Bouw really wants this team to compete and stop the sideshow crap, I used think he was gone, but not now. He just doesn't look like a guy who wants out, he looks a guy who wants to win.

Old
01-03-2009, 03:01 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
It's not a foregone conclusion, though, I'd have to think he'd be gone if that were the case. I'd certainly hope so. I think Bouw really wants this team to compete and stop the sideshow crap, I used think he was gone, but not now. He just doesn't look like a guy who wants out, he looks a guy who wants to win.
I'm trying not to read too much into the Bo situation, but he looked pretty damn happy when he skated over to Andy after the game. It's rare to see Bo smile and look so...candid. Who knows? Maybe he's seeing something in PDB's system that will make him stay. I certainly hope so.

You know, I can't understand how Pen fans can praise the Sid "fight". I'd be embarrassed if one of our guys fought like that. Didn't Soupy extend an invitation to fight Sid earlier in the game and Sid just skated away? What, he waits until a player isn't looking before he makes a go at it? What a dirty move.

Old
01-03-2009, 03:01 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
I'm still not sure if he would be worth more/valuable to this team than say a Hossa or a Zetterberg. If we're looking to give Bouw 6.5 million a year, we could certainly manage to offer 8 million to one of the two guys. 8 million would essentially be Bouw's contract plus Zedniks at 1.75 million. Also, we lose Boynton's expensive salary (almost 3 mill). We have the money to put in a legitimate offer and I think this team would benefit more from an elite forward than Bouw.

Also, if we're not re-signing Bouw we'll get most likely at least a 1st round pick and blue chip prospect or a top 6 forward. Therefore we could potentially have another 1st round pick, blue chip prospect/solid player and sign Hossa. I guess we also have to way the chances of signing Hossa or Zetterberg. I would think Hossa would be much more likely but I'm not sure any of us really know. Just the JM connection is the only plausible link.

Again, not sure how likely all of this is. Probably more likely not to happen but if it was a possibility I would trade Bouw and go after a top UFA forward.

Old
01-03-2009, 03:13 PM
iron lung

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap
true, but then you don't get the HD...

HD is worth the annoying Pens announcers.
No, it was HD, with Goldstein and Potvin.
Of course they're advertising the game on FSN Florida tomorrow and I'm only going to get the Montreal feed...in French...which I don't speak.
Oh well, can't have everything.

Old
01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
I'm still not sure if he would be worth more/valuable to this team than say a Hossa or a Zetterberg. If we're looking to give Bouw 6.5 million a year, we could certainly manage to offer 8 million to one of the two guys. 8 million would essentially be Bouw's contract plus Zedniks at 1.75 million. Also, we lose Boynton's expensive salary (almost 3 mill). We have the money to put in a legitimate offer and I think this team would benefit more from an elite forward than Bouw.

Also, if we're not re-signing Bouw we'll get most likely at least a 1st round pick and blue chip prospect or a top 6 forward. Therefore we could potentially have another 1st round pick, blue chip prospect/solid player and sign Hossa. I guess we also have to way the chances of signing Hossa or Zetterberg. I would think Hossa would be much more likely but I'm not sure any of us really know. Just the JM connection is the only plausible link.

Again, not sure how likely all of this is. Probably more likely not to happen but if it was a possibility I would trade Bouw and go after a top UFA forward.

Without Bouw and Boynton, a strong defense becomes pretty barren. I doubt Zetterberg or Hossa come to Florida anytime soon. If they do, it would be in the last years of their career as has been a tradition with the cats.

Good to see the cats pick up a much needed win, and keep the hope alive. Have to agree with you Laus about Crosby and Malkin. At least the refs didn't fall for Malkin's acting today.

Closed Thread