HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm So Excited! (Merged)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 05:42 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
AGAINST- At 1.95 mill Zednik must stay!
I agree... too good a deal for what he can bring to a second line 5 on 5 or on the PP. If he goes, I expect to get a real gamebreaker back... not an O'Neill.

Old
03-06-2004, 05:55 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
by the way this teams roster looks i think it's impossible for us not to make a trade, id be in shock if we didnt trade at least 2 more times,
when bulis comes back theres going to be a huge over flow of back end forwards, i mean you cant have 5-6 3rd liners in one team, but which one of them is a tradable asset thats the question.
also a couple of suspect defencemen hurt this team, quintal especialy.
there must be a couple of moves left to clean this depth mess up.

im excited as well
This is what I'm sayin'. Funny that people started reporting that we're done (was that Bob McKenzie or someone?), when we are almost able to suit up a second team that could atleast rival Washington/Pittsburgh with just extra 3rd/4th liners and Dmen! I expect a few tinkering moves Monday to pave the way for a potential blockbuster trade day (if the right deal comes around, I'm sure BG will get ready just in case).

Last edited by s7ark: 03-06-2004 at 05:55 PM. Reason: extra thought
Old
03-06-2004, 05:57 PM
sonnytheman

I would unload Zednik, but not for simply a different winger like O'Neill

However, if the Habs could get a good young defenseman, ideally someone like Derek Morris (i've heard he might be traded?), then I'd be all over it.

Old
03-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Mike8

Don't see why anyone's getting on Zednik at this point. He's been playing great lately. Zednik always picks up his game when they're important ones, and he's a terror for opposing defensemen to handle down low. He and Koivu work extremely well together on the cycle.

Hopefully the two develop some chemistry with Kovalev, as I think he'd fit in extremely well if he hung out in the high slot waiting for Zednik and Koivu to set him up off the end boards.

Old
03-06-2004, 06:04 PM
The n00b King *

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
by the way this teams roster looks i think it's impossible for us not to make a trade, id be in shock if we didnt trade at least 2 more times,
when bulis comes back theres going to be a huge over flow of back end forwards, i mean you cant have 5-6 3rd liners in one team, but which one of them is a tradable asset thats the question.
also a couple of suspect defencemen hurt this team, quintal especialy.
there must be a couple of moves left to clean this depth mess up.

im excited as well

as some of u may not know, passed the trade deadline, a team is allowed to have over 23 players on team. so there's nothing pointing to another trade in the works. there's no issue in keeping all those guys on the bench. that's what i hear they call the "taxi crew" or something like that. they are backup. so dont get ur hopes up.

Old
03-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Mike8

'Insiders' on a message board that can't divulge any real information, but gets everyone's hopes up. Talk about playing on people's craving of moves and excitement, eh?

Considering this 'insider' is claiming waiver-wire Kilger and Perreault are involved in this deal, just how big do you think it will be? They are throw-ins, or will be involved in very minor deals. Certainly not a core piece of main deals.

Old
03-06-2004, 06:08 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnytheman
However, if the Habs could get a good young defenseman, ideally someone like Derek Morris (i've heard he might be traded?), then I'd be all over it.
Don't make me drool! Despite Morris' small size, he is super talented, and would probably step in as atleast the 3rd Dman. I still don't like giving up Zednik for him, so I wonder what Colorado would want in return... probably a young super prospect defenseman to replace the aging core. Wonder who that means? (Komi.. cough! cough! maybe Hainsey and something...)

Last edited by s7ark: 03-06-2004 at 06:13 PM. Reason: more info
Old
03-06-2004, 06:09 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
as some of u may not know, passed the trade deadline, a team is allowed to have over 23 players on team. so there's nothing pointing to another trade in the works. there's no issue in keeping all those guys on the bench. that's what i hear they call the "taxi crew" or something like that. they are backup. so dont get ur hopes up.
get salei from anaheim.

Old
03-06-2004, 06:36 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon
There is still a maximum (I believe it is 80, including 50 pros, junior players with less than 11 games pro, unsigned draft picks, etc), but the real issue is whether certain players will accept a ride in the "taxi." Not all the players left out of the plan will accept that, which could raise tensions.

Closed Thread