HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Miroslav Satan Trade Proposals

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 12:16 PM
SabresRule

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SabresRule
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez
This seems right.. DeMarchi should be a future 5th/6th dmen who's got alot of gritt. and Suglobov a top winger. For a top veteran winger.

Wouldn't it be cool if all hockey fans around the world would get to see Satan in a devils uniform finaly.
iv heard Demarchi is a future top 4 Dman. got size and limited Skating ability. what about Hale instead of demarchi?

Old
03-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
ye, but he sounds like he has an attitude problem, refuses to hit, plays a dumb game. that is the bit we dont need.

id take my chances on pihlman.
I will tell you now, don't use the hockeysfuture Suglobov proile, they havn't updated that since midway last year. The guy has really improved in all aspects of the game. I am not trying to rip you off, If it were Pihlman and DeMarchi Buffalo wouldn't tough it.

Old
03-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Niko Dimitrakos, Matt Carle, and a 2nd rounder (04 or 05)
for
Miroslav

Old
03-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresRule
iv heard Demarchi is a future top 4 Dman. got size and limited Skating ability. what about Hale instead of demarchi?
Hale is as definite as it gets for prospects to become top 4 material, and someday might be a top 2 defenseman, if he learns to play with an edge. DeMarchi is a potential top 5, who will, at best, be a top 3 defenseman (very physical.) Suglobov is a great prospect, and if we gave you Suglobov AND Hale for Satan, we'd be overpaying bigtime. As it is, Suglobov/DeMarchi is overpayment, if you take into account Satan's contract. Suglobov will be a very good 2nd line winger at worst, a very good 1st line winger at best.

Old
03-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
Hale is as definite as it gets for prospects to become top 4 material, and someday might be a top 2 defenseman, if he learns to play with an edge. DeMarchi is a potential top 5, who will, at best, be a top 3 defenseman (very physical.) Suglobov is a great prospect, and if we gave you Suglobov AND Hale for Satan, we'd be overpaying bigtime. As it is, Suglobov/DeMarchi is overpayment, if you take into account Satan's contract. Suglobov will be a very good 2nd line winger at worst, a very good 1st line winger at best.
Yeah Flame_Star_Devil, I see DeMarchi being a top 3 at best but a probable top 5/6.. But he's going to be the kind of dmen alot of team are going to want on ther side. I don't see Lou trading neither Hale or Martin on defense.

Imo if the Sabres where ever offered Suglobov/DeMarchi for Satan they should take it. I'm not sure on the status of Satan after this year but he must be around 29 and close to being a ufa ( maybe in 2 years max?). I'm not sure if Buffalo can afford him...

+It would be so cool to see Satan with the Devils. Man I'dd buy a jersey even if I'm not a fan of neither,

Old
03-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez
Yeah Flame_Star_Devil, I see DeMarchi being a top 3 at best but a probable top 5/6.. But he's going to be the kind of dmen alot of team are going to want on ther side. I don't see Lou trading neither Hale or Martin on defense.

Imo if the Sabres where ever offered Suglobov/DeMarchi for Satan they should take it. I'm not sure on the status of Satan after this year but he must be around 29 and close to being a ufa ( maybe in 2 years max?). I'm not sure if Buffalo can afford him...

+It would be so cool to see Satan with the Devils. Man I'dd buy a jersey even if I'm not a fan of neither,
If I was Buffalo and was offered Suglobov/DeMarchi for Satan I'd take it in a heartbeat.

If Satan ever wore a Devils' jersey we'd quadrouple our earnings....

Old
03-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Perez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Star_Devil
If I was Buffalo and was offered Suglobov/DeMarchi for Satan I'd take it in a heartbeat.

If Satan ever wore a Devils' jersey we'd quadrouple our earnings....
Hell! I'll buy a Satan/Devils jersey even if he never plays with them!

Old
03-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

One of David Hale, Anton Kadeykin or Matt DeMarchi, and a 1st to Buffalo for Satan.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
One of David Hale, Anton Kadeykin or Matt DeMarchi, and a 1st to Buffalo for Satan.
Hale + 1st.

Done.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic
I doubt Lou would give up a 1st right after trading his 2nd, that would leave him without a pick till the 3rd round and that's something he'll probably ever let happen. Besides a top prospect or player and a 1st would be IMO an overpayment on our side.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Takeo

Numerous reports have stated that 3 teams are involved in the Satan negotiations. The Isles and Devils have been identified. Does anyone have a legitimate idea as to the third club??

Old
03-07-2004, 01:51 AM
Randall Graves*

Satan to San Jose proposal

With Sturm down the Sharks are the perfect team for Miro Satan so heres my proposal.

To Buffalo:
Christian Erhoff
1st in 04'

To San Jose:
Miroslav Satan

What else needs to be added?

Old
03-07-2004, 01:56 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Numerous reports have stated that 3 teams are involved in the Satan negotiations. The Isles and Devils have been identified. Does anyone have a legitimate idea as to the third club??
Canucks perhaps? Supposedly Burke was quite interested in Satan at last year's deadline...

Old
03-07-2004, 02:00 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
With Sturm down the Sharks are the perfect team for Miro Satan so heres my proposal.

To Buffalo:
Christian Erhoff
1st in 04'

To San Jose:
Miroslav Satan

Nothing, I'd say that's more than enough from the Sharks POV.

Old
03-07-2004, 02:11 AM
evman150*

That seems fair. Good trade for both teams imo.

Old
03-07-2004, 02:39 AM
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by evman150
That seems fair. Good trade for both teams imo.
I disagree.

San Jose will not move Ehrhoff for a lot of players, and Satan is one that San Jose will not move Ehrhoff for.

Despite what the Sharks have done this season, they are still a rebuilding team (can you believe it?). They will not throw in a first rounder either unless they get a quality young player in return.

The Sharks also will probably not be willing to take up Satan's salary.

So, as much as I'd like to see Satan in San Jose, it won't be for Ehrhoff and a first.

As for what needs to be added, I don't think Buffalo needs to add anything; it's more of what Sharks need to add after taking away Ehrhoff and the first rounder.

I say something along the lines of Fahey, a second rounder this year, and a third rounder in '05.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:00 AM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:

To Buffalo:
Christian Erhoff
1st in 04'

To San Jose:
Miroslav Satan

No dice...No Ehrhoff for you!!

03-07-2004, 03:07 AM
Randall Graves*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Shoe
I disagree.

San Jose will not move Ehrhoff for a lot of players, and Satan is one that San Jose will not move Ehrhoff for.

Despite what the Sharks have done this season, they are still a rebuilding team (can you believe it?). They will not throw in a first rounder either unless they get a quality young player in return.

The Sharks also will probably not be willing to take up Satan's salary.

So, as much as I'd like to see Satan in San Jose, it won't be for Ehrhoff and a first.

As for what needs to be added, I don't think Buffalo needs to add anything; it's more of what Sharks need to add after taking away Ehrhoff and the first rounder.

I say something along the lines of Fahey, a second rounder this year, and a third rounder in '05.
The Sharks have a legit chance at the cup, what kinda message does it send to the fans to not get a guy like Satan who is having a really good year? If you don't get a guy like Satan there will be wayyyyyyyy to much pressure on Marleau. I think it's a fair deal unless you believe the Sharks shouldn't make a run at it, in which case I disagree.

You can't get a player like Satan for nothing the draft is a crap shoot and your top pick will be 20 or lower anyways.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:12 AM
westcoastsabre

Quote:
The Sharks have a legit chance at the cup, what kinda message does it send to the fans to not get a guy like Satan who is having a really good year? If you don't get a guy like Satan there will be wayyyyyyyy to much pressure on Marleau. I think it's a fair deal unless you believe the Sharks shouldn't make a run at it, in which case I disagree.

You can't get a player like Satan for nothing the draft is a crap shoot and your top pick will be 20 or lower anyways.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:19 AM
westcoastsabre

ugggh, satan will cost you a lot more than erhoff, so don't waste our time with that lousy offer man. we need big, rugged d-men, you can do much better than that. I'm at the end of the bar, celebrating the sabres waxing of the leafs. I'll even buy ya a shooter if ya join us, but no erhoff stuff man.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:20 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

I don't think the Sharks will move Ehrhoff...

the first and a different prospect maybe for Satan would work...

Old
03-07-2004, 03:21 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastsabre
ugggh, satan will cost you a lot more than erhoff, so don't waste our time with that lousy offer man. we need big, rugged d-men, you can do much better than that. I'm at the end of the bar, celebrating the sabres waxing of the leafs. I'll even buy ya a shooter if ya join us, but no erhoff stuff man.
Davison=big rugged d-man

Davison, a mid range prospect and 1st round pick for Satan?

Old
03-07-2004, 03:24 AM
what

Quote:
The Sharks have a legit chance at the cup, what kinda message does it send to the fans to not get a guy like Satan who is having a really good year?
What kind of message did Sharks management send last year when they traded Nolan away? What kind of message did they send when they did not acquire a single big name when Selanne decided not to resign? Been there, done that. And look at where San Jose is now.
Quote:
If you don't get a guy like Satan there will be wayyyyyyyy to much pressure on Marleau. I think it's a fair deal unless you believe the Sharks shouldn't make a run at it, in which case I disagree.
The Sharks win because they are able to play lines one through four at anytime throughout the game, thus I don't think the Sharks pressures Marleau at all. It's more about giving him additional resonsibilities to motivate him to perform consistently. It'd be great to have an additional threat, sure, but does that mean more pressure on Marleau? Nah.
Quote:
Fahey plus two high round picks aren't nothing, and besides, I repeat: the Sharks are still a rebuilding team. They need all the prospects they can get their hands on.

Old
03-07-2004, 04:04 AM
Strizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Shoe
What kind of message did Sharks management send last year when they traded Nolan away? What kind of message did they send when they did not acquire a single big name when Selanne decided not to resign? Been there, done that. And look at where San Jose is now.
Agree. D. Wilson seems to do GMing by needs, and not GMing by media. And he's been proven right so far. Buffalo fans can say that Ehrhoff and a 1st is a cheap offer as much as they want, SJ will just never do that deal. If you expect to get so much for Satan, go and ask another team.

Old
03-07-2004, 08:19 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

No way in hell the Sharks make that deal.

Closed Thread