HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anisimov

Old
01-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Salz

vCash: 500
Anisimov

Hey guys. What are we looking at with Anisimov? Do you project him to be a possible Top 6 center? What is his game like? Do you think he's ready now? I just saw his game winning goal the other night, it was really nice.

Salz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 04:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salz View Post
Hey guys. What are we looking at with Anisimov? Do you project him to be a possible Top 6 center? What is his game like? Do you think he's ready now? I just saw his game winning goal the other night, it was really nice.
Anisimov-Dubinsky-Korpedo

Thats the line I envision for the next 15 years

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Nekz
Let's Go Rangers!

Send a message via AIM to Nekz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

Moving him from center to wing ey?

Nekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 04:49 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekix View Post
Graves was a center who played LW and Messier was a LW who became a center

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekix View Post
weve got 4 centers for the foreseeable future, besides, I just think that trio would kick ass :-D

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:10 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Anisimov is probably better suited as a center.

Based on his skill set.

He is a good two way player. Good on face offs. And more of a play maker then a finisher.

Grachev was drafted as a center, and was played as such for the WJC Russian team, but he is not being considered a center within the Rangers organization.

He fits the mold of what we need or would like in a winger. Big, fast, good hands, and is more of a finisher then a set up guy.

I would say he projects as a second line center. But that all depends on who gets moved.

If Drury and Gomez stay where they are, then one of Dubinsky or Anisimov have to be moved to wing.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Ola

Anisimov would be a RW in Renney's system, if put at wing.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:29 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post

What about these lines?
* Fill in blank space with a FA ( M Näslund now) - Gomez - Drury
Grachev - AA - Zherdev
Callahan - Dubinsky - Korpedo
Grinder - PK center - grinder/fighter

Is not that bad of a future outlook on FW actually
1st line is being paid as a 1st line now. Now they only would need to produce as one
The potential 2nd line of Russian Rockets (and Ukrainian of course) all have envisionable size and speed. Could be a Big Red Machine revival?
3rd line has grit, speed and youth
4th line can be composed through Wolfpack (Byers?). resignings (Sjo, Fritsche, Betts, Rissmiller, Orr) and FA:s
I guess this "vision" quite clearly exposes the problem with Dawes and Prucha on a future roster (both have played better lately - although I feel some more ice time and/or PP time could be rewarding?): Is their size/production/lack of Tom Renney love going to mean that they are dealt in the future?

On D

Staal - Big buck D (one of Rozie/Redden)
Girardi - * Fill in blank space with a tuff MF***in FA (Paul Mara as of now)
Potter (Sauer) - MDZ/Sangs (one of these diamonds in the rough) should pan out in 1-2 years

Sauer (Potter)

We need to get rid of one of the horrid albatross contracts on D. Or one of Gomez/Drury. Hard as this may seem.
And then the future is not entirely as impossible (cap space wise) or that bad (at least on paper & in theory) that we might be led to expect... Only time will tell

BBKers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
What about these lines?
Grachev - AA - Zherdev

1st line is being paid as a 1st line now. Now they only would need to produce as one
The potential 2nd line of Russian Rockets (and Ukrainian of course) all have envisionable size and speed. Could be a Big Red Machine revival?
4th line can be composed through Wolfpack (Byers?). resignings (Sjo, Fritsche, Betts, Rissmiller, Orr) and FA:s
I guess this "vision" quite clearly exposes the problem with Dawes and Prucha on a future roster (both have played better lately - although I feel some more ice time and/or PP time could be rewarding?): Is their size/production/lack of Tom Renney love going to mean that they are dealt in the future?

On D

Potter (Sauer) - MDZ/Sangs (one of these diamonds in the rough) should pan out in 1-2 years

Sauer (Potter)

We need to get rid of one of the horrid albatross contracts on D. Or one of Gomez/Drury. Hard as this may seem.
And then the future is not entirely as impossible (cap space wise) or that bad (at least on paper & in theory) that we might be led to expect... Only time will tell
I like it. The thing is our forward lines aren't constructed so differently now, and we suck. We need a new coach, with a new system I think to get the most out of that line up.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
cmdevisser

Send a message via AIM to cmdevisser
I think this is how the lines should look

Grachev- Anisimov- Dubinsky

This would be a sick line, according to Prospect Park, Grachev should be around 6'5 235 when he's all done growing, and everything I've read about his style of play tells me he would fit the LW role well. He doesn't move the puck up the ice well, but he does a good job of picking his spots, and finding space. With a frame like that he would be great around the corners and in front of the net too. Add to that a slick skating centerman like Anisimov, good tape to tape passer, solid two way player, and good finisher. Dubinsky was always a good passer in Juniors and he showed he could pass when he played with Jagr, so I think he would be a good RW. If this line played with energy every night--we're talking about a line that could just destroy teams: big, fast, physical, and talented. Based on the playing weight they should be at by this time, the line averages 6'3 220...and they can skate!

Korpikoski-- Gomez--Zherdev

If Gomez couldn't get it done with this line, then he just plain sucks. Three guys that play his type of game, and a LW that can keep up with him up the ice? Dangerous!

Callahan/Dawes--Stephan--Drury

classic North/South NA hockey line. Stephan is going to be the second best player we draft out of 2008 after Grachev. He'll be more of a play maker, but a sick one, and I think one of Dawes or Callahan (most likely Dawes) will end up a consistent 30 goal threat.

Those are three deep lines, and they should provide strong offense. It would be nice to have a guy like Laviolett coaching them though.

cmdevisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:29 PM
NYR Viper

he is looking more and more comfortable in the AHL and he needs to take another step IMO. He has been playing well but he needs to start to dominate at that level. IMO right now, if he was brought up he wouldnt do much on the offensive end because he needs to increase his strength, however in the future I like the look of having both anisimov and dubinsky down the middle adding some size.

players I am keeping my eye on:
grachev
sanguinetti
anisimov
weise
del zotto
stepan
kundratek
dupont
sauer
potter
hagelin
soryal

to me those are the players who have the best skillsets for the NHL. Obviously it all depends on how they can translate their games to either the NHL or just professional hockey in general but those are the players who seem to be able to fill a role at the very least on an NHL team. Its nice to see this many players who IMO have a good chance of making the NHL in some form, however the one thing that is obvious is the lack of talent at forward.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

It may happen, but I really don't think it's fair to put AA ahead of Dubi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
What about these lines?
Grachev - AA - Zherdev

On D

Sauer (Potter)

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 05:40 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Anisimov is probably better suited as a center.

Based on his skill set.

He is a good two way player. Good on face offs. And more of a play maker then a finisher.

Grachev was drafted as a center, and was played as such for the WJC Russian team, but he is not being considered a center within the Rangers organization.

He fits the mold of what we need or would like in a winger. Big, fast, good hands, and is more of a finisher then a set up guy.

I would say he projects as a second line center. But that all depends on who gets moved.

If Drury and Gomez stay where they are, then one of Dubinsky or Anisimov have to be moved to wing.
Another playmaker, just what we need

How about a SNIPER on this team?

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:18 AM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

went to the wolpack game saturday, he was the only one who was really noticable at all in a good way. The rest of them had a rough and i mean ROUGH night. Both potter and Sangs looked like they were trying out for a high school team (at best). Rissmiller isnt even good enough for the AHL haha he is god aweful, he coughed the puck over like 10 times in the neutral zone (gomezitus), falling down behind the net with the puck and no one around just an all around mess. AA had a few rushes where he showcased his skillset but all in all id have to say no one on that team really looks ready.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:39 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
went to the wolpack game saturday, he was the only one who was really noticable at all in a good way. The rest of them had a rough and i mean ROUGH night. Both potter and Sangs looked like they were trying out for a high school team (at best). Rissmiller isnt even good enough for the AHL haha he is god aweful, he coughed the puck over like 10 times in the neutral zone (gomezitus), falling down behind the net with the puck and no one around just an all around mess. AA had a few rushes where he showcased his skillset but all in all id have to say no one on that team really looks ready.
Ha ha! You sure picked a good night to go see them!

My better half and I are of the opinion that Rissmiller thinks he's on a $1m year-long vacation. Whereas Hutchinson took his exile to Hartford in stride last year and went on to dominate the league and be named its best defenseman (and the team's captain), Rissmiller seems to just be going through the motions, biding his time.

I said a number of times that Potter was having a rough year in Hartford, but everyone was too busy clamoring for him to be called up to pay attention.

And Sanguinetti, well, what more can be said besides an emphatic "he's nowhere near ready".

But back to Anisimov and the premise of the thread... Anisimov could probably hold his own if he were to get the call up, and it would certainly be a nice reward for a kid who's worked his ass off and done everything the organization has asked and more. But he wouldn't be an impact player at the NHL level right off the bat. And so there's no point in calling him up when you've already got two forwards sitting in the press box who would have as much of an impact over a 2-3 game sample size.

Not that it matters anyone here thinks anyway, of course, since history suggests no one's going to get a call up until injury requires it.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

haha ya we sure did pick a good one. free lux box tickets so why not but man it was not looking so good for the ranger future. Hershey stomped a mudhole for sure. I was pissed parentaeu got tossed i wanted to see him play. Potter looked 10 x's better in the few games he played with NYR than he did in hartford saturday man he had a brutal game. really the only one who seemed to make any difference at all was weise and moore they both played pretty well.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdevisser View Post
one of Dawes or Callahan (most likely Dawes) will end up a consistent 30 goal threat.[/I]
I don't know about that anymore. Dawes has slightly better hands and a better shot, but at this point, Callahan's mental game is superior and he handles the physical game better. It isn't unfathomable to project him as a future Gionta at this rate.

As a matter of fact, everyone attribute our few good games to Lundqvist or Staal, but without Callahan's forechecking, we'd have far more GA.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:27 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I don't know about that anymore. Dawes has slightly better hands and a better shot, but at this point, Callahan's mental game is superior and he handles the physical game better. It isn't unfathomable to project him as a future Gionta at this rate.

As a matter of fact, everyone attribute our few good games to Lundqvist or Staal, but without Callahan's forechecking, we'd have far more GA.
I see the exact same thing, although Dawes, IMO has the better chance of becoming that scoring threat because of his hands. Callahan should be a 20G 20A type of player which is still a very valuable part of a team but i dont see him ever reaching 30G, although if he ever did I would eat crow and be happy about it.

Old
01-05-2009, 12:30 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
soryal
I'm with you there... the other too, but Soryal is a bit of a darkhorse.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:32 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
I'm with you there... the other too, but Soryal is a bit of a darkhorse.
He has a lot of work to do, however with his main skill as fighting we see with orr that any other skills he has are just a plus. He could very easily fill a role on the rangers in a couple of years when he has rounded out his game a bit.

Old
01-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Vitto79

Well someday it will be nice to see Grachev, Anisimov,Zherdev

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Ugh don't tell me someone just suggested moving Anisimov to wing...

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:53 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Ugh don't tell me someone just suggested moving Anisimov to wing...
It's ok Jarkko, they know not of what they speak.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Loto68

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Graves was a center who played LW and Messier was a LW who became a center
No, Mess was a center who Sather tried on the Wing so he could put him with Gretzky.

Loto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
Same thing squishy said. Oops wrong night. If you had gone Friday night your entire post would read different! Rissmiller plays incredibly lazy most of the time.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote