HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Question: What should be Sens trade priority: Puck-moving D man or prospects/picks

Old
01-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
At this point, I'd have a fire sale and go for picks/prospects and hope for Tavares.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Pack it up. This team has been bad for over a year now, it's not going to change overnight. Get rid of dead weight and get guys like Lee and Zubov NHL experience.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
Definitely picks and prospects. Ottawa is 4th from the bottom league wide in the standings, and the 4th overall pick in this draft could be an outstanding player. And if they tank just a few more places, John Tavares would look real good with Heatley or Alfreddson as his winger.

On a side note, would Ottawa be interested in taking Keith Aulie and Mitch Wahl , (and maybe a pick to) for Filip Kuba?
I'd be open to take offers for Kuba, but I'm not a huge Wahl fan.

Obviously Backlund is off-limits, but what about Irving? Goaltending is not a position of depth prospect-wise, as nice as Elliott is.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:55 PM
JorgeRocks!

From what i have read, this years draft is eerily similar to at least the top 10 picks of the 1970 NHL Draft, who were:
1 1 Buffalo Gilbert Perreault C
1 2 Vancouver Dale Tallon D
1 3 Boston Reggie Leach R
1 4 Boston Rick MacLeish L
1 5 Mtl. Canadiens Ray Martyniuk G
1 6 Mtl. Canadiens Chuck Lefley C
1 7 Pittsburgh Greg Polis L
1 8 Toronto Darryl Sittler C
1 9 Boston Ron Plumb D
1 10 California Chris Oddleifson R

Back then, Perrault and Tallon were considered the clear cut top 2 much like Tavares and Hedman. The next 8 picks include 6 forwards, (played by Kane, Schroeder, Paarjavi, Duchene, Schenn and Kadri this year) 1 goalie (Jared Cowan, who is a defenceman, close enough.) and a small d man (Ron Plumb 5'10 175 lbs. Ryan Ellis 5'10 178 lbs.)

Thoughts???

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 10:56 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
I'd be open to take offers for Kuba, but I'm not a huge Wahl fan.

Obviously Backlund is off-limits, but what about Irving? Goaltending is not a position of depth prospect-wise, as nice as Elliott is.
Sure. Would you guys take Irving straight up for Kuba?

Old
01-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeRocks! View Post
Sure. Would you guys take Irving straight up for Kuba?
Depends what other offers are, obviously, but I'd definitely give that one a lot of thought.

And by that I mean, yes.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 11:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5888
It's an interesting question, because of the Senators choose to rebuild, as they should do, it is likely without Bryan Murray. That said, how do you expect Bryan Murray to supposedly do what is viewed as 'the right thing to do' by some, when he isn't going to be around to see it though.

It's a no win for Murray, and something that Melnyk needs to act on sooner than later.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2009, 11:06 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
It's an interesting question, because of the Senators choose to rebuild, as they should do, it is likely without Bryan Murray. That said, how do you expect Bryan Murray to supposedly do what is viewed as 'the right thing to do' by some, when he isn't going to be around to see it though.

It's a no win for Murray, and something that Melnyk needs to act on sooner than later.
Copy Toronto and hire Fletcher. Look at what he has done with Toronto, (6 points ahead in the standings over ottawa, but ottawa has 2 games in hand, but Toronto had vastly lower expectations than Ottawa did entering the year.) Just tell him he can not acquire any players. (Ryan Hollweg)

What do sens fans think of that?

Old
01-04-2009, 11:07 PM
JorgeRocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
Depends what other offers are, obviously, but I'd definitely give that one a lot of thought.

And by that I mean, yes.
All we need is for Murray and Sutter to agree with it now, but i guess at one time we acquired him from Florida for Rocky Thompson, http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=21499, before Minnesota got him in the expansion draft.

Old
01-04-2009, 11:08 PM
senators101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan75 View Post
Three letters

PMD
Those aren't the three letters I was thinking of... more like MSP

senators101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 12:36 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Sens have a serious imbalance in their salary structure and until they can get rebalanced they will struggle to overcome the 800 000 players at the bottom end, or get lucky at the draft and have some young guys really step up.

I'd deal Spezza for 2 good young players and another 1st and rebalance. If they are desperate to compete, they could use their 3 1st round picks and an early 2nd rounder (if they still have it) to improve next year.

Or if they want to make the push now they could look at a somewhat minor big deal.

I'm not saying this a s a proposal, just as an example

They could add Antropov, Poni and Ian White for their lottery protected 1st and San Jose 1st, and can dump a salary if they want to. Antropov, Poni and White make $5 000 000 combined so about $2.5 million now. In antropov and Poni they can have some secondary scoring and in White a young veteran who can move the puck, although he is not elite.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote