Time to say, Tank the season.

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2009, 01:09 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
Time to say, Tank the season.

So we can have the best chance at #1 pick and drafting John Tavares.

That time is coming up soon. I am actually hoping for it now. He will change a franchise around and i'm hoping its ours. Then with Tavares, Kovalchuk would stay. We might be able to attract other players because of him and we can finally get rid of scrubs like Perrin, Slater, Thorburn, and Christensen. This would be the best thing to happen to the franchise ever. Our ownership is a disgrace to all sports and we never have good coaches. We need a change and nothing will happen this season. This season brings 2 consecutive wins then 9 straight losses over and over and over. Tavares will also bring ***** back into the seats.

Any sport, who will be the best rookie to emerge in 2009?
John Tavares. If Ilya Kovalchuk is still a Thrasher in September, he'll be glad he stuck around. - per ESPN

As a die hard Atlanta Sports fan i can only wish for the betterment of the team. Look at the Falcons. We went from a disgrace to playoffs because of Matt Ryan.
Lets hope the Thrashers arent blind and see how the other Atlanta teams are successful. I won't root for us to lose games this season cause i am not a bad fan i will continue to cheer them on. But with this poor team they will lose the games. No one on the team will change that lol

And for anyone who thinks i'm an idiot. You'll be praising me when if we draft Tavares and he saves Atlanta hockey.

Draft Tavares
Save Thrashers

Old
01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Look at the Falcons. We went from a disgrace to playoffs because of Matt Ryan.
I'd put more of the Falcons' success on new GM Dimitroff and new head coach Mike Smith than just on the rookie QB. Sure, Ryan was very important to the team, but the GM made some great personnel moves this past offseason and brought in a head coach who got results out of his team.

Tavares would be nice but i just don't see DW bringing in that Michael Turner-like free agent.

Old
01-05-2009, 02:31 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerd_trandle View Post
I'd put more of the Falcons' success on new GM Dimitroff and new head coach Mike Smith than just on the rookie QB. Sure, Ryan was very important to the team, but the GM made some great personnel moves this past offseason and brought in a head coach who got results out of his team.

Tavares would be nice but i just don't see DW bringing in that Michael Turner-like free agent.
Michael Turner can't happen in hockey outside of goalies... if you're as good as he is you get a chance instead of being stuck behind another player at your position until your rookie contract finishes. And if there was one out there I'd say our scouts would be the least likely to spot him.

Old
01-05-2009, 04:35 PM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Michael Turner can't happen in hockey outside of goalies... if you're as good as he is you get a chance instead of being stuck behind another player at your position until your rookie contract finishes. And if there was one out there I'd say our scouts would be the least likely to spot him.
The Thrashers were able to get that kind of production by trading for Savard when he was in the doghouse in Calgary, and, to a lesser extent, the thirty goals in one season Donald Audette gave the franchise after the trade with LA.

Is there anyone out there who has fallen out of favor on their team but might do well with a fresh start in Atlanta?

Old
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Georgia Dawg

Quote:

Is there anyone out there who has fallen out of favor on their team but might do well with a fresh start in Atlanta?
It was Michael Ryder this year. He is doing well in Boston.

Old
01-05-2009, 06:55 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
The Thrashers were able to get that kind of production by trading for Savard when he was in the doghouse in Calgary, and, to a lesser extent, the thirty goals in one season Donald Audette gave the franchise after the trade with LA.

Well, I was thinking of Michael Turner as the 2nd best RB in the league kind of talent, not top-30 talent- if a guy is that kind of good in the NHL it's probably kind of hard to miss, but Savard is a pretty good example in his transition from a 60 point player to a 100 point player.

Old
01-05-2009, 07:39 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

You think a future line could be Kovalchuk-Tavares-Esposito ?

I'm guessing Espo and Tavares have chemistry from playing together on the same line a lot.

Old
01-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Plato

vCash: 100000
Your not a true fan of your team if you want them to lose regardless of whether or not they draft Tavares.
That's my take.

Old
01-05-2009, 08:21 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Lol ^ your an idiot. Never question my fan appreciation. That is very disrespectful and it is very offensive to me. I own tons of Thrashers gear: jerseys (a lot), hoodies, shirts, bobble heads etc.... Haven't missed a game since 2003. Support my team til the end and if you read my post you would know i said i am not rooting for them to lose. Are you blind??? read the ****in post before you speak of how much of a true fan i am.

I am one of the truest fans you would find and you don't know me personally so you wouldn't know.

Old
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Your not a true fan of your team if you want them to lose regardless of whether or not they draft Tavares.
That's my take.
i smell a troll

Old
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
That's my take.
Troll detected.

TANK.
TANK.
TANK.
TANK.

We need Tavares. We also need to trade Kovalchuk. With Tavares, Esposito, Bogosian, Kulda, Holzapfel, Machacek, Postma, Pavelec, Lewis, Paquette, Lasu, Enlund, Leveille and others waiting in the wings, and Enstrom, Oystrick, and Little already in the NHL, we have the potential to build a team as the Sharks have, that is, from the ground up.

Old
01-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Ashe

Even the sharks brought in thorton though..which is what our Kovy could be..
its the uselessness of our bottom 2 lines that needs to disappear really quickly. As the AHL guys have shown to be better then them

Old
01-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Capa*

If Kovalchuk and Heatley couldnt save ATL when they were together im guessing Kovalchuk and Tavares wont be able to on their own either...this team needs a team effort to WIN games and once the winning comes then the fans will come...All IMO of course.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:55 AM
The Maltais Falcon

I agree with Plato. If you root for the Thrashers to lose, I'd just as soon you find another team to root for.

Besides, what the **** is John Tavares going to do for this team that Patrik Stefan, Dany Heatley, Ilya Kovalchuk, Kari Lehtonen, Braydon Coburn, Boris Valabik, Alex Bourret, Bryan Little, and Zach Bogosian haven't done or weren't able to do?

Old
01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Plato

Excuse me but I'm not trolling at all.
I have nothing against the Thrashers as a team.

I just saw this thread listed on the main board and clicked on it not even knowing what team's board it would take me to.

Back when when the Rangers sucked it up big time for 7 straight years straight, missing the playoffs all those years, I never wanted them to lose games in order to get a higher draft pick.

And like I said in my first post, that's just how I feel and it is merely my opinion on the matter.

Old
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
El Maestro

Quote:
Draft Tavares
Save Thrashers
It would take more than that to save the Thrashers.

Old
01-06-2009, 11:50 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Excuse me but I'm not trolling at all.
I agree, and that is why the post is still here.

I am tired of hoping to lose. I would rather miss the playoffs with the best record in the 2nd half than get Tavares.

The time has come for the Thrashers to start winning on a regular basis.

Old
01-06-2009, 11:55 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djo89 View Post
It would take more than that to save the Thrashers.
Not really. Firing this GM is all the saving the Thrashers need. The rest of the dominoes will fall from there.

Old
01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
flerd_trandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I agree, and that is why the post is still here.

I am tired of hoping to lose. I would rather miss the playoffs with the best record in the 2nd half than get Tavares.

The time has come for the Thrashers to start winning on a regular basis.
I'm of the opinion that if you miss the playoffs, you might as well stink and get the best prospects.

What is the bonus of finishing 10th in the east every year? The Thrashers could end up like the Panthers: year after year of going into the season saying, "this year is the year," only to miss out on both the playoffs and the blue chip prospects.

Old
01-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCostanza View Post
If Kovalchuk and Heatley couldnt save ATL when they were together im guessing Kovalchuk and Tavares wont be able to on their own either...this team needs a team effort to WIN games and once the winning comes then the fans will come...All IMO of course.
Yep Healty did amazing things for hockey in Atlanta when he had that car wreck.

Last edited by Enstrom39: 01-07-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old
01-06-2009, 04:07 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maltais Falcon View Post
I agree with Plato.

Besides, what the **** is John Tavares going to do for this team that Patrik Stefan, Dany Heatley, Ilya Kovalchuk, Kari Lehtonen, Braydon Coburn, Boris Valabik, Alex Bourret, Bryan Little, and Zach Bogosian haven't done or weren't able to do?

Lol. Tavares is not any of the players you just named.

He will be 10x better than all including Kovalchuk when he comes to the NHL.

This is not a once in a billon chance, this is a once in a 100 billion chance.

Old
01-06-2009, 04:09 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Again why is everyone saying "Your a fake fan if you root for them to lose"

Plato you obviously didn't read the post. Find me where i said i was rooting for them to lose.

And to the person who said Heatley and Kovy couldn't save us: If Heatley never got into an accident he'd still be here along with Savard.

Old
01-06-2009, 04:18 PM
Ashe

Yet again, Tavares is sloppy. Yes he looks better then people his age, But look at Stamkos. Theres no doubt he could be good. So hopefully he will be.

Old
01-06-2009, 04:22 PM
bottleCAPS

Send a message via AIM to bottleCAPS Send a message via MSN to bottleCAPS Send a message via Yahoo to bottleCAPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Yet again, Tavares is sloppy. Yes he looks better then people his age, But look at Stamkos. Theres no doubt he could be good. So hopefully he will be.
word, he has skill but his speed and skating is still suspect, he could easily disappear his first year much the way Stamkos has, especially if IK isn't still part of the team next year.

Old
01-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Plato

Quote:
Again why is everyone saying "Your a fake fan if you root for them to lose"

Plato you obviously didn't read the post. Find me where i said i was rooting for them to lose.

And to the person who said Heatley and Kovy couldn't save us: If Heatley never got into an accident he'd still be here along with Savard.
Well to be fair in your 3rd sentence you state that you "hope" the Thrashers get the #1 pick and draft Tavares. Now that in itself implies you wish for Atlanta to perhaps have the worst record in the league.
Regardless of what was said or whatever though:

It's a given that any hockey fan would and should be excited about possibly having the opportunity to draft Tavares. Now with that being said one player alone does not turn around a franchise.

This organization needs major changes in personnel and staff more than they need Tavares or Hedman etc...

I fully agree with BTN on what he said that he would rather his team show that it can win now even if it means missing the playoffs by a couple of points giving you a mid round pick.

Establishing a winning attitude in an organization is worth much more than any 18 year old prospect can provide. You will become a more attractive destination for future FA's which is important to a team like Atlanta with a ton of cap room to work with in the next couple of years but a winning attitude will also drastically improve the development of young guys already on the roster or those who are set to arrive soon.

Closed Thread