oh god...hahahha

Old
01-09-2009, 01:00 PM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o View Post
Did anybody see JA's comments after the NJ game about "this is how we've got to play if we're going to make the playoffs..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk
Yep, Kovy in the postgame was talking about stringing some wins together and making a surge for the playoffs too. Gotta give it to em, they still got hope when no one else does.

Old
01-10-2009, 03:29 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Yup, they are sure making a surge LOL for the playoffs.

Love the faith but its not happening. Its called reality.

Old
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Lux Aurumque*

It's okay. Once Kovalchuk is traded, we'll go back to tanking.

TANK TANK TANK!

Old
01-12-2009, 12:04 AM
BigT2002

Actually you guys are about a 10-0-0 hot streak from going into 2nd place right now. You may say its not going to happen, but look at Boston....who thought they'd be doing what they are doing?? Keep your heads up!

Old
01-12-2009, 12:24 AM
fatschoonerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Actually you guys are about a 10-0-0 hot streak from going into 2nd place right now. You may say its not going to happen, but look at Boston....who thought they'd be doing what they are doing?? Keep your heads up!
I want some of what you're smoking.

Old
01-12-2009, 12:51 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I'd love to have your enthusiasm.

Or whatever it is you're smoking...

Old
01-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Boognish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashe View Post
Tavares would get us Television coverage, News bits on how he is doing. They'd actually show highlights from games instead of "Oh thrashers got stomped again"
He would put people in the seats with the attention and the ability to market a great player as him. As great has Hedman is/could be. can we market a guy who barely speaks english?
Television coverage from who? ESPN barely covers hockey, FOX sports is worthless and the local news will only cover the Thrashers if they win. The team had no problem marketing Kovalchuk.

Old
02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Kovalchuk will re-sign WHEN we draft Tavares. Bank on it.

Hopefully, JA doesnt **** around and put Tavares on a terrible line. And try to mix lines up and say we cant have a stacked line.

It will be Kovalchuk-Tavares-? ..... possibly Little?

Old
02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Kovalchuk indicated in the AJC that he'd like to play more with Kozlov and see what happens.

Blaming Anderson for all the line change-ups is pretty disingenuous. Can't please everyone, though, I guess.

Old
02-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Capa*

The Isles are going to finish last in the league... theres no way around them getting Tavares...They have ZERO goaltending and thats being nice. Its okay though because I can most definitly fall for a 6foot 6 NHL ready Defensemen

Old
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Juneemoon

The Thrashers are so bad they don't even have to tank...they'll finish last with their heads held high.

Old
02-10-2009, 10:38 AM
toph2o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capa View Post
The Isles are going to finish last in the league... theres no way around them getting Tavares...They have ZERO goaltending and thats being nice. Its okay though because I can most definitly fall for a 6foot 6 NHL ready Defensemen
Just remember, finishing last doesn't guarantee the first pick.

Old
02-11-2009, 06:58 PM
cws
...in the drink

First of all, phrases like "Enough said" or "Bank on it" imply that you are a part of the non-exclusive club of millions of D-bags on the internet who can't come up with anything remotely creative or relevant to bolster your point.

Now then, on to the topic.

Personally, I'll never hope the team that I root for to tank; regardless of where they are in the standings, or who they could potentially draft. As a fan, I just don't think that way. I won't speak ill of others who think that though. We both feel the same frustration, we just b*tch about it in different ways.

Like has been pointed out earlier, tanking guarantees you nothing anyway. Gives you a better chance for that top pick, sure. But absolutely no guarantees with the draft lottery.
Besides, these days coaches and players (to an extremely high percentage) don't think this way. For one, tanking is a great way to lose your job and lower your value as a player, not a great career move. Most or all of the guys will do their best out of competitive spirit, pride, a young player looking to lock down a regular NHL roster spot (or cash if their contract is expiring this year). Tanking is almost exclusively fan-thinking, not coach or player-thinking.

And has also been pointed out, getting those high picks and top talent does nothing to guarantee success. Good overall drafting, player development, building a great staff on every level; that will build you into a winner better than a couple of high draft picks. This team desperately needs stable ownership; ownership that is willing to bring in smart and savvy management. That's where it has to start, we all know that by now (or we should at least).

In life, I do my best to think and plan for the future. But as a sports fan, I'm pretty much the opposite. I want my team to win, every single time they play. Not thinking much about how they will do next year or the year after if this happens or that happens. There isn't a damn thing I can do to control that anyway, so it's kind of a waste of time. If they win, I'm happy. That's what I'm looking for; no more, no less. That's just me, and I get it if others think differently.
So put me in the group that wants to see them have a successful finish to the season. There are positives that can come from it that may help in the next year (if you want to be more forward-thinking than me). A good end to the season can help give you momentum for the next season.

/end rant/

Old
02-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Robotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph2o View Post
Just remember, finishing last doesn't guarantee the first pick.
Yeah, the Islanders had the worst record in 2000-2001 but we still ended up getting the #1 pick, Kovy.

Old
02-12-2009, 01:53 AM
lordstan57*

The mere mention of 'tanking' is an insult. To the sport, fans everywhere, AND....EVERY player who has ever laced them up.
We even consider such a thing and we don't deserve a team!
There are worse things than losing..... like crapping away your honour.

It's not negotiable!!!

:thrashers

Old
02-12-2009, 08:31 AM
pfloyd75

Say what you will about me as a fan- but I hope the team ends up with the highest draft slots possible. To me, if they aren't even going to be close to a playoff spot, there is no difference between coming in 20th overall or 30th. The only difference is the draft slot and building for the future. Would I like for the team to be competetive now? Sure- but that is an unrealistic dream at this point.

The way I see it, wishing the team would tank is no more dishonorable than hoping the team trades away talent at the trade deadline for picks and prospects. By doing so, you are hurting the team this season for a better future but nobody would have a problem trading away our UFAs for picks and prospects even though it probably means that this year's team is worse off and will not perform as well after the trades.

That said, I do not think the players or coaches will purposfully tank and I hope that they would not as that WOULD be dishonorable. Hoping for the only silver lining to an abysmal season as a fan? I see no problem with it.

Old
02-15-2009, 02:16 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Lol honor? did you say we have honor? LOL honor????? what honor? we are the laughing stock of the NHL. Don Waddle is the laughing stock of the NHL.
lol winning? did you say winning? winning? for what? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL so we can have the #5 pick and draft a bust and finish within the top 5 worst for the next 5 seasons??? LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in that case bye bye hockey in Atlanta. I'm sick of this disgraceful team year in and year out. We don't belong in the NHL. We are a team of AHLers disregarding about 2 players from our team. What NEEDS to happen is for the betterment of this franchise. Drafting the next best hockey player in the world.

Draft Tavares, Save Thrashers.

And if this don't happen, our future star on the team will be Eric Perrin LOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by John Cena*: 02-15-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old
02-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Selanne08*

TANNNNKKKKK

just do it.

Closed Thread