HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I let a guy get the best of me last night.

Old
01-05-2009, 09:12 PM
PIMking

vCash: 500
I let a guy get the best of me last night.

My team was winning in our local B league last night 5-3 and there was about 20 seconds to go in the game the puck came to my stick I cleared the shot and about 5 seconds later after pealing off the guy just flat boards me. I can say I was pissed. I didnt fall (thank god I can skate) but I turn to the guy and ask him what his problem was. and he just dropped the gloves and swung at me. I only wear a half shield and I ducked the first punch and I swung back and knocked him flat on his back. I left my gloves on because he has a full cage but still hurt my hand. Then I thought that was over I go to the bench because I thought I broke my hand he jumps me from behind I hit him once more and he didnt get up after that one.

I am known as an instagator type I do score quite a bit and I have fought before but I try not to fight as much as I can. I just try to hit people legally and hard to get my point across. well after the game no one on the other team would shake my hand becuase I thugged it up they said and I was defending myself. The team that we played last night is the goone team of the league alot of guys dont like to play them becuase 2 of the guys have there kids who play d 2 club hockey come in and do all the scoring and then the rest of them just cheap shot the whole game. I dont have problems most of the time becuase they know that I can hit and I will hit them thats what suprised me the most. I went to the doctor today and I dislocated my finger no biggie. But the other guys cage is bent in and I hope he learned his lesson.

The ref talked to me after the game and Im not getting suspended because I was defending myself. He stated that I pushed the guy and asked what his problem was and then went on my way to the bench when he swung at me. Im happy my teammates are happy because he roughed up one of our smaller guys earlier in the game.

Sorry about the rant just figured I share the story.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
Dan Cloutier

well it is pretty weak that the guy dropped the mitts wearing a full cage, thats pretty dumb

Dan Cloutier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Reckless Abandon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic Transit Gloria View Post
well it is pretty weak that the guy dropped the mitts wearing a full cage, thats pretty dumb
Yeah, that was lame. At least you can hit hard enough to mess up his cage and make him have to go replace it.

Reckless Abandon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:12 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Yeah, you acted in self defense. Good for you. ***** like that have got it coming to them.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:45 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Nothing wrong with that. I bet if they guy didn't wear the cage he wouldn't act so tough.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 11:56 PM
devsfan4life

"I let a guy get the best of me last night." Pause...

lol, just playing. Anyway, yeah it sounds like you did the right thing. I hate guys like that who think they're tough.

devsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 12:58 AM
PIMking

The best part before I threw a punch the a** hat told me that he was going to A** **** me lol.

Old
01-12-2009, 02:24 AM
PIMking

Update:

So I went to the rink tonight for the game and found out that im suspended. Even though the ref said otherwise. Even if they let me back in Im going to another rink that is 10 mins further away than the one I play at now.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Back in 94
In Gillis I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
Update:

So I went to the rink tonight for the game and found out that im suspended. Even though the ref said otherwise. Even if they let me back in Im going to another rink that is 10 mins further away than the one I play at now.
Weak. I'm assuming the other guy got suspended as well? Otherwise that would be ********.

Back in 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 01:20 PM
PIMking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back in 94 View Post
Weak. I'm assuming the other guy got suspended as well? Otherwise that would be ********.
Both got the door.

Old
01-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Weak.

We had a "fight" at a D-level team I sub for last week. Pretty amusing...a guy in a cage runs one of our guys from behind, our guy slashes him in the leg, they start throwing punches and fall to the ice. I believe he gets suspended for a year and our guy got two minor penalties.

No clue why you would even bother dropping the gloves at a level that's barely above beginner.

I did have a fun moment last week. We're up 5-3 with a minute left in the game. I grab the puck from their defenseman who's screwing with it in the neutral zone and just before I can start moving up ice he slew foots me. I hit the back of my head pretty good on the ice (helmet on fortunately). No call.

So I get up and I'm pretty pissed at this guy since my head kind of hurt and it was a dangerous move. I take a couple strides and give him a good shoulder-to-shoulder check to the ice. Nothing dirty, but it's no check and he didn't have the puck. Keep in mind I'm 5'8" 170 and he's probably 6' 200 or more. But the refs let it go.

He gets up and starts yelling at me, skates full speed as I'm backchecking into my zone, and out of the corner of my eye I spot him lunge towards me, so I throw on the brakes and do a little C-cut and he goes flying into the boards elbow first. I'll bet the elbow to the back of the head would have hurt pretty good. Of course, I get the hell off the ice since I'd been out for two minutes and probably didn't need to get killed.

I don't quite get the amount of hitting in low level no-check hockey. I sometimes do wonder if it's a result of fighting and aggression at the higher levels. But it seems it's usually the least skilled guys who have no respect out there.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote