HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lundqvist is the best goalie in the NHL

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Lundqvist is the best goalie in the NHL

I really think that if he didn't have to play behind a non-playoff skater roster, he'd have won at least 2 Vezinas in his first 4 years.

They are grinding him down with terrible plays. Almost every game the team wins, Lundqvist is a top-3 star.

Replace Lundqvist with your average NHL starter like Ryan Miller or Brent Johnson, and the team would never squeeze into the playoffs.

Take Lundqvist and put him on a good team like Detroit or Jose, and he's winning the Vezina most years.

Old
01-06-2009, 01:11 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Rangers play defense like they have in the past 2 games and he certainly can be one of the best.

Old
01-06-2009, 01:12 AM
Prospalous

excellent game tonight, ridiculously biased refs, but good game.

Old
01-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWESGOTPAWES View Post
I didn't base it on tonight's game. I actually forgot about the game when I posted it because the game was in the background, muted, while I was working.

As far as reffing, we get screwed a lot.

I remember when some imbecile official who would always claim that Kovalev was faking penalties. Kovalev got smacked in the face with a stick by a Quebec player in 1995 and began bleeding, and the ref refused to call it a penalty and later justified it with, "I thought it was embellished". What was embellished? Blood? Did he think it was ketchup?

Old
01-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Seguins Dragon*

...Only when 3 guys named....Martin Broduer... Roberto Loungo...and Evengi Nabokov are hurt or not playing

Old
01-06-2009, 01:47 AM
The Grinder
No Respect

With Brodeur and Luongo out right now he might be, but that is a big might. I will agree he is top 5, i need to respect the guy the way he shut down the devils before the last two games we played against each other.

Broduer/Luongo
Nabby
Lundqvist

Old
01-06-2009, 01:50 AM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post

Replace Lundqvist with your average NHL starter like Ryan Miller or Brent Johnson, and the team would never squeeze into the playoffs.
I loved that. Way too many people give him too much credit

Old
01-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWESGOTPAWES View Post
completely ot, but is that a picture of brodeur when he looked like a mall cop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by song4thedeaf View Post
...Only when 3 guys named....Martin Broduer... Roberto Loungo...and Evengi Nabokov are hurt or not playing
great album

back on topic, right now, id say it is between him and nabokov, but thats pretty obvious. i personally like nabokov better, but its pretty close between them and i would give a slight edge to lundqvuist

Old
01-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Right now he's up there.

He had his usual December slump. I watched a lot of those games, and I can't say that I blame Lundqvist for a lot of it. Still... it's a little odd that he has had 4 continuous Late Fall/Early Winter slumps. I think he's coming out of it soon, which is the difference from previous years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlooded View Post
Lundqvist played, I think, his best game of the year last night and it was nice to see him get the shutout monkey off his back. When he is on his game he can definitely compete with the best of them.
He had a good game last night. He made some quality saves. In all honesty, I think Pittsburgh had more missed opportunities than Lundqvist had quality saves. That's not so much a slight on Lundy, as much as it is on Pittsburgh's inability to put the puck in the net.

I've seen him play better games and give up 2 or 3 goals. But that just could be my criteria for a good game.

He played well last night. If I'm the OP, I'm not sure if I would use his first shutout as my pedestal for declaring his greatness this season. I mean, Mike Smith shutout Pittsburgh last week.

I've always been a critic of his, to a degree. If he weathered his play from the month of December, and makes that his "low point" of the season, then I say he's good to go

Last edited by Mr Bojanglez: 01-06-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old
01-06-2009, 09:15 AM
MikeyLikesHockey

Brodeur is the better Goalie right now.

Why...he's proven himself, year in and year out.

Lundy is a great up and comer. 4 years in the league, he's not a older vet but he has shown he's an NHLer.

Talk to me in 10 years and we can do a comparison. Lundy has not done the one thing that Brodeur has done his entire career, carry the team night in and night out.

Lundy is carrying the team to an extent, but not to the same level yet. Like I said, talk to me in 10 years about it.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:17 AM
jniklast

as long as it's not december he's definitely one of the best

Old
01-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
herecomethepretzels

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
If the season ended today I am giving the Vezina to Tim Thomas. He has been a Star in net for the bruins... I can't believe he is keeping it up.
I would agree with you there if he was starting 80% of the games but he's not. He's only started 5 more games than Fernandez and they both have roughly the same stats. They have a great duo there and that might take them a long way this year.

Nabokov gets my vote right now. 21-3-4 record in the wild west.

Pie can't compete with cake. Put candles in a cake it's a birthday cake. Put candles in a pie, someone's drunk in the kitchen. - Jim Gaffigan
Old
01-06-2009, 09:45 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
This thread went predictably down hill.

Devil fans this is the Ranger board. From the site rules:

When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Devils and criticize the Rangers, do it on the Devils board.

Everyone:

From the Site Rules:

We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling.

For some reason any Lundqvist thread on the Ranger board becomes a pissing match. That will stop.