HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Lak

Old
01-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Brian28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Kubina is great. Booming shot from the point. He hurts peoples ankles all the time. Dont think you guys need him though.
Booming shots are good, but I think theyd rather hang onto JJ myself. I know I'd love him on my team lol.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky37 View Post
With LA only 2 points out of a playoff spot I wonder if they would except this trade to try and make a push for a playoff spot. Feel free to bash/edit.

To LA:
C, Nik Antropov (2.050M)
C, Jiri Tlusty (0.765M)
G, Vesa Toskala (4.0M)
D, Pavel Kubina (5.0M)

To Tor:
D, Jack Johnson (2.150M)
C, Michal Handzus (4.0M)
G, Jeff Zatkoff
2nd round Pick 09'

What do you think? Too Much, Too Little, Close maybe?
I think it's odd that, in your attempt to apparently use cap numbers, you put Tlusty's 2008-09 salary as listed by a couple websites that have no idea what his actual salary and/or cap number is.

Or maybe you were trying to use salaries, in which case (A) you still don't have Tlusty's correct [it's $850,000 this season], plus (B) you wouldn't have Johnson's correct [it's also $850,000 this season], and (C) you wouldn't have Antropov's correct [it's $2,150,000].

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 12:53 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
We aren't trying to look to add anymore top 6 defensemen to our roster and right now it would be a mistake to trade Jack Johnson on LA's part just because his value is low from having a slow start last season and not being able to change that due to injury this season. LA also is weary about messing with its salary structure. We have a lot of youngsters that will be demanding raises soon and DL is taking that heavily in account, it is one of the reasons (though there are many...) why we are at the salary floor.

In the end, it is not a bad deal. If LA did this they would be arguably a better team right now and may be able to push for at least a chance in the first round in the playoffs and a likely exit; but, in the long run, this deal hurts us and LA just isn't in the position to make these kind of deals. Next season, maybe, but this season they aren't going to sacrifice much of their future to make the playoffs or attempt a playoff run.

If you took away all the logic from both teams (like a video game trade) it would go through. I don't see either team doing it now. We can discuss a separate deal for Antropov though.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
One of Stoll or Handzus has to go. Take your pick. Because neither of those jokers are a number two center in this league.
They are doing a lot for us in other areas. Stoll right now is considered our #2 center, whether he fulfills the role or not is questionable, but it is undeniable how important he is on special teams and the faceoff circle.

Handzus is also very sound defensively and on the pk, he is also mentoring youngsters. He is a very expensive option on the third line, but we can burn that type of salary right now, by the time his term is up we will be re-signing the likes of Doughty, Moller, Simmonds etc...

Stoll gives us too much to let go and Handzus has a NMC so I see both of those players staying regardless... I agree with you that we don't have a true 2nd line center, but for now we are just going to have to be happy with Stoll and I don't see that as a major problem. It is not like he is lacking in production versus the rest of our struggling forwards. Our top line isn't exactly light years away from secondary scoring right now.

Old
01-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
They are doing a lot for us in other areas. Stoll right now is considered our #2 center, whether he fulfills the role or not is questionable, but it is undeniable how important he is on special teams and the faceoff circle.

Handzus is also very sound defensively and on the pk, he is also mentoring youngsters. He is a very expensive option on the third line, but we can burn that type of salary right now, by the time his term is up we will be re-signing the likes of Doughty, Moller, Simmonds etc...

Stoll gives us too much to let go and Handzus has a NMC so I see both of those players staying regardless... I agree with you that we don't have a true 2nd line center, but for now we are just going to have to be happy with Stoll and I don't see that as a major problem. It is not like he is lacking in production versus the rest of our struggling forwards. Our top line isn't exactly light years away from secondary scoring right now.
Stoll is definitely missed in Edmonton. He might not be a great 2nd liner, but as a third line shutdown kind of guy he excels. His abilities in the faceoff circle and PK will help a lot with LA's youth while they grow. I think his cap hit might be a tad over what he's worth offensively, but it's hard to really put a price on what he does bring to the table.

Old
01-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Stoll is definitely missed in Edmonton. He might not be a great 2nd liner, but as a third line shutdown kind of guy he excels. His abilities in the faceoff circle and PK will help a lot with LA's youth while they grow. I think his cap hit might be a tad over what he's worth offensively, but it's hard to really put a price on what he does bring to the table.
Precisely. I agree with you 100% You guys better take care of Visnovsky too We all loved the guy and hated seeing him go.

Old
01-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Brian28

I REALLY don't mind having Vish on the team. He's proven to be everything he was built up to be and is having a good year while being reliable defensively. I just wish we could have traded somebody other than Stoll (or the kids) to get the deal done. Though that's the price of a good player...you gotta give something you don't want to to get, and it made sense for both teams.

Old
01-06-2009, 05:28 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

No thanks, I think the Kings had interest in adding a guy like Gaborik but I'd be surprised now if anything major happens involving the Kings in the trade department. We do have two second rounders this year so maybe in that sense something can be worked out but I wouldn't give up anything substantial for a UFA Antropov from a rebuilding team.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Mike The Franchise

as of right now the kings do not need a goalie or a defensemen the only thing the kings should be shopping for is forwards due to their lack of offene so any other trade proposals should have forwards going to the kings

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:18 AM
doglover8891
rajinikanthfan1

toronto runs away with this

doglover8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 09:00 AM
ranleblanc

Handzus has been playing great for LA, maybe not getting points, but man he's good in front of the net, plus he's been great shorthanded & his overall defensive play. Maybe 4m/year is too much, but I like his playing.

ranleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote