HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/6/09 "The McCable Guy" - Panthers VS. Maple Leafs

View Poll Results: Which team blows the other away?
Panthers 19 90.48%
Maple Leafs 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
How come Blake can plow through Vokoun in the process of scorin without a call??

Old
01-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Rattrick

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
How come Blake can plow through Vokoun in the process of scorin without a call??
I was wondering the same thing. Review it all you want, there was no doubt it was in, but Blake was already on top of Vokoun when he got the second shot off.

Old
01-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Montsy14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Review it all you want, there was no doubt it was in, but Blake was already on top of Vokoun when he got the second shot off.
Yeah seriously, he basically took him completely out of the crease

Old
01-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Booth10

I was wondering the same thing. Can you just plow thru the goalie and drag the puck behind you and into the net? What's the difference?

Old
01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Nice win tonight.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Reviresco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
Important game tonight. A loss and we're tied with those leafs..

4-2 Cats, Frolik with two goals
I almost nailed it, Frolik with just 1½ goal

Old
01-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Gaebriel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Look at it again

At first look,I also said what a shot but look at it against

Its like a lob over Toskala
Stop watching the slow motion replay.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Look at it again

At first look,I also said what a shot but look at it against

Its like a lob over Toskala
They just showed the replay again a few minutes ago. It was far from a lob. It was a great shot, not as fast as I originally thought but far from a lob. Frolik shot it through the d-man's legs and into the top far corner, fooling Toskala. He thought it would be more left based on Frolik's body position.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:07 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Very nice win tonight, with everyone seeming to play well. Its good to see us get two goals on the PP, because if we can get that clicking like the PK, its an added bonus for us. Its going to be a good game Thursday because Carolina is playing some good hockey right now. Vokoun played good as well, and got his 200th career win...congrats!

Old
01-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Looks like PDB was right about his "feel" on Vokoun, eh?

Old
01-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Looks like PDB was right about his "feel" on Vokoun, eh?
I'll tell ya, that DeBoer is a bum! What the hell does he know about coaching?

However, I'd probably start Anderson on Thursday since Vokoun doesn't play Carolina very well.

Old
01-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Despite losses in Vancouver and Montreal, we've really played solid games in Canada this year. Good stuff.

-ghoste

Old
01-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah seriously, he basically took him completely out of the crease
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth10 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Can you just plow thru the goalie and drag the puck behind you and into the net? What's the difference?
Dunno how that was a goal, but it was clear they weren't calling a fair game.

Great win, solid effort all the way around. Hopefully we beat the Divers on Thursday.

01-06-2009, 10:01 PM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
They just showed the replay again a few minutes ago. It was far from a lob. It was a great shot, not as fast as I originally thought but far from a lob. Frolik shot it through the d-man's legs and into the top far corner, fooling Toskala. He thought it would be more left based on Frolik's body position.
I went too far saying it was a lob but it wasn't as great of a shot as a first taught

Still a decent shot tho

Old
01-06-2009, 10:15 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
I went too far saying it was a lob but it wasn't as great of a shot as a first taught

Still a decent shot tho
Who cares if it was a lob, a snob, or a bob, throw the puck to the net and things happen. it was a good shot that fooled Toskala. Frolik is a such a breath of fresh air for this team, since we have never seen a rookie come onto this team and play like a veteran. An even player who has committed only six penalties in 36 games is something you wish for from your rooks.

Old
01-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Booth10

Frolik is our best player.

Old
01-06-2009, 10:45 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
I think Stewie has improved also, he's gone from a bad fourth liner to a mediocre fourth liner. Not what I would hope to achieve from a First Rounder. What is it about this Organization that forces them to rush prospects with some top line potential and make them mediocre NHL players? Sometimes it appears to have worked, as with Frolik,more often it has not with Olesz and Shvidki as examples. Matthias risks joining the later two along with Stewart as mediocre NHL players who had potential to be much more if he continues to ride the DeBoer/Martin shuttle from Rochester.
lol. we'll see GP. on cue of course, he was a force tonight. don't think this was his best game but he had good jump tonight. anyhow, we've been through all this before, though. you think what you want. you know what i think. let's talk in a couple of years. at this point anyhow, a guy who is a physical force and can go out and eat up minutes playing responsibly is NOT a mediocre 4th liner. no way.

also disagree about matthias. in fact, i thought those two actually started to generate some offense, as i mentioned before the game. this is a great situation right now for those two. they're getting decent minutes but are not expected to carry any of the offensive load.

come to think of it, props to PDB. he's found a nice balance among the forwards. it took a bit of time but the last few games, you can see how this group can win some games. i like how he goes back to CPR at the beginning of periods (check's in the mail, right pete? ) and any time he needs a solid shift. horton's looking good. weiss? what can you say. these guys are finding their roles. they don't have to be fantastic to win every night. they need to do their jobs and need a save or two at key times. it's really pretty simple. let's hope they keep it up. big game thursday.

Quote:

Still a decent shot tho
it was a good shot but yeah, it looked like a knuckler. might've deflected off the Dman in front or just not come off his blade cleanly. it was hard to tell. didn't look beautiful but it ended up in a difficult place to stop.

Old
01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Quote:
I am 100% convinced that Weiss will be the next captain of this team.
I agree. I think he's finally turning the corner...he's turning into quite the gamer.

Old
01-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Panthers/Leafs fan

Five points out of six on this road trip.

Old
01-07-2009, 01:18 AM
Next Best Thing*

I want to congratulate you guys on the win. While it might be the TML it was a decisive win none the less. I knew something was up with your team after our game but didn't know what, but the truth is the Panthers were playing some excellent hockey then and have kept it up since, I have pegged you as 8th seed. You're on a roll.

Old
01-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
I want to congratulate you guys on the win. While it might be the TML it was a decisive win none the less. I knew something was up with your team after our game but didn't know what, but the truth is the Panthers were playing some excellent hockey then and have kept it up since, I have pegged you as 8th seed. You're on a roll.
There's still a lot of hockey left and this team still has plenty to work out as it finds it's identity. I certainly hope we make the playoffs, but I'd like to do it in style, you know, higher than 8th. (And 7th, 5th, so on...)

This team is going to go through peaks and valleys a few more times this year pobablty, if it continues to respond like it has and work hard, they'll do well. We'll see.

Old
01-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Rattrick

Looking at the numbers (since I missed a week full of games), our PP hasn't improved at all since the Montreal game at home. Actually, we've dropped 2 spots.

Old
01-07-2009, 10:19 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers/Leafs fan View Post
Five points out of six on this road trip.
Five out of eight, dont forget the loss against the Isle to start the trip.

Quote:
Looking at the numbers (since I missed a week full of games), our PP hasn't improved at all since the Montreal game at home. Actually, we've dropped 2 spots.
Actually, the PP has gone up a 1.8% points, and we went from 29th in the league, to 24th. The PK has been anywhere from 8th to 12th the past couple of weeks (we are 9th now We also went from 28th/29th in the league in goals/game, to 19th. Like I said earlier...get that PP to about 17-19%, and the goals/game to about 15th, and we make the playoffs.

Old
01-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Liked the game. Still cant believe we cant play 60mins of hockey. That SH goal really shouldnt ever happen. Why wasnt Weiss given a penalty shot?

Old
01-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Rattrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Actually, the PP has gone up a 1.8% points, and we went from 29th in the league, to 24th. The PK has been anywhere from 8th to 12th the past couple of weeks (we are 9th now We also went from 28th/29th in the league in goals/game, to 19th. Like I said earlier...get that PP to about 17-19%, and the goals/game to about 15th, and we make the playoffs.
According to what was listed in the Montreal GDT, we were ranked 23rd (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=588464). We are now ranked 25th. Am I missing something?

Closed Thread