HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Picks this draft

Old
01-22-2009, 08:00 PM
JagerPuck

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Draft Picks this draft

How many draft picks do the Flyers have at this point in time as we near the trading deadline?
I was just curious for my Mock Draft league.

JagerPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 08:29 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
PHI 1st
CAL 3rd (Vandermeer)
SJ 3rd (Carle)
PHI 4th
PHI 5th
PHI 6th
TBL 6th (Niskala trade)
ANA 7th

Our 2nd was traded to Tampa in the Prospal trade on the condition we made the ECF, our 3rd goes to Edmonton via the Lupul trade, and our 7th goes to Nashville in the Niskala trade. We also may pick up Dallas's 7th round pick depending if the condition of the Jussi Timonen trade is met.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM
JagerPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
PHI 1st
CAL 3rd (Vandermeer)
SJ 3rd (Carle)
PHI 4th
PHI 5th
PHI 6th
TBL 6th (Niskala trade)
ANA 7th

Our 2nd was traded to Tampa in the Prospal trade on the condition we made the ECF, our 3rd goes to Edmonton via the Lupul trade, and our 7th goes to Nashville in the Niskala trade. We also may pick up Dallas's 7th round pick depending if the condition of the Jussi Timonen trade is met.
Thank you very much

Old
01-22-2009, 08:48 PM
bodangleroo28

Could we make this a draft sticky or something, because im really interested in what everyone thinks of the prospects since this has been called an epic draft class

bodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 08:53 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer6 View Post
Could we make this a draft sticky or something, because im really interested in what everyone thinks of the prospects since this has been called an epic draft class
I've been waiting for a draft thread to start, I'm love reading about prospects and the draft. At our spot, I like David Runblad, Scott Stajcer, and Edward Pasquale. Maybe if Olivier Roy can get his act together him as well.

Old
01-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
I've been waiting for a draft thread to start, I'm love reading about prospects and the draft. At our spot, I like David Runblad, Scott Stajcer, and Edward Pasquale. Maybe if Olivier Roy can get his act together him as well.
Roy >>> Stajcer. I'd take Roy and Lee over those two. I also like John Moore.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2009, 11:57 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I'm willing to bet that we can land one of the top rated goalies in the 2nd round this year. I wouldn't mind the Flyers trading down with their first round pick to end up with multiple picks in the 2nd, if need be.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 08:34 AM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Quote:
PHI 1st
CAL 3rd (Vandermeer) - could be owed to Boston if Alberts resigns
SJ 3rd (Carle)
PHI 4th - could be owed to Boston if Alberts doesn't resign
PHI 5th
PHI 6th
TBL 6th (Niskala trade)
ANA 7th

Just wanted to clear that up.....

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...rades/2009.htm

As for the Dallas pick - does anyone know of the conditions to be met?

Chuck Downie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:18 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Roy >>> Stajcer. I'd take Roy and Lee over those two. I also like John Moore.
Roy has been very average this year, and Stajcer has been pretty good playing in front of a below average Owen Sound team. I know Roy had more hype coming into this season but it seems like Stajcer, Lee, and Pasquale have surpassed him. I really hope that Runblad doesn't continue his rise in the rankings, he's a very good player who I hope we can get. Moore looks to be a solid prospect putting up good #s. What's his style of play like? At 6'2" and only 180 pounds he looks like he needs to bulk up badly, especially since he's going to play college. Here are the Mid-Term rankings from CSS.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=29402

Old
01-23-2009, 03:50 PM
IrishSniper87

Tavares?

Trade up!!!!!

Lindros all over again!

Seriously, goalies in high rounds are crapshoots. I say trade up the 3rd and nab one somewhere. With the first, grab the best player available. No more grinders in the 1st round please. Grinders not named Brind'Amour play 3rd line tops.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:51 PM
BringBackStevens

This looks like a good year to trade down

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
IrishSniper87

Question, why is a thread regarding the Flyers 2009 NHL draft picks and possible Flyers choices in said draft marked an OT thread?

I see nothing OT about it, actually.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
bodangleroo28

Is there a good website to read scouting reports on these prospects, or could anyone give a scouting report?

bodangleroo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 08:00 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post

Hmm, I don't get this. A good year to trade down??? Why??? This year is suppose to rival the year we drafted Carter and Richards. Worse case we draft about the same place we did and get another player like Richards. You don't WANT another player like Richards??? Why not??? Hell manybe we drat 28th like Anaheim that year and end up with the next Cory Perry. You don't want a guy like Cory Perry???? Maybe it would be better to take 2 2nd rnd picks but only about half of them are working out and I personally would rather have one TOP pick than 2 that may or may not work out and in any event likey won't be as good as the ONE guy we could take in the 1st.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 08:17 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer6 View Post
Is there a good website to read scouting reports on these prospects, or could anyone give a scouting report?
This site was awesome to read on the draft last year.

http://nhlentrydraft2008.com/

The same site for the 2009 draft is currently under construction, I spent a lot of time reading on that site.

Old
01-23-2009, 10:57 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Hmm, I don't get this. A good year to trade down??? Why??? This year is suppose to rival the year we drafted Carter and Richards. Worse case we draft about the same place we did and get another player like Richards. You don't WANT another player like Richards??? Why not??? Hell manybe we drat 28th like Anaheim that year and end up with the next Cory Perry. You don't want a guy like Cory Perry???? Maybe it would be better to take 2 2nd rnd picks but only about half of them are working out and I personally would rather have one TOP pick than 2 that may or may not work out and in any event likey won't be as good as the ONE guy we could take in the 1st.
Only about half of the guys picked in the last 12-13 picks of the first round that year really panned out, so it's not like the second round was much different than that end of the first.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Roy has been very average this year, and Stajcer has been pretty good playing in front of a below average Owen Sound team. I know Roy had more hype coming into this season but it seems like Stajcer, Lee, and Pasquale have surpassed him. I really hope that Runblad doesn't continue his rise in the rankings, he's a very good player who I hope we can get. Moore looks to be a solid prospect putting up good #s. What's his style of play like? At 6'2" and only 180 pounds he looks like he needs to bulk up badly, especially since he's going to play college. Here are the Mid-Term rankings from CSS.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=29402
I wouldn't necessarily say those players have surpassed them because sometimes CSS's rankings seem to be a bit off the wall. Stajcer's hasn't even been able to win the starting job for OS so I don't see how his season has been more impressive than Roy. Lee's season has been way more impressive as well so I frankly don't get Stajcer's ranking. By the way Roy recorded another shutout tonight.

Yeah, Moore needs to bulk up. Here is what Redline said about him last month

Quote:
We had another look at USHL top-prospect John Moore recently for a two-game weekend series and he certainly didn't disappoint. The 6-3, 195-pound mobile rearguard for Chicago blew us away with a dominating performance against Des Moines, netting a natural hat trick in leading the Steel to a 5-1 win. Moore scored in all manners, with one each on the power play, short-handed and at even strength.

Two years ago, Moore was playing a second year of minor midget with the Chicago Mission and was just 5-9/155 before shooting up to 6-0 last season and making his hometown Steel. He's got unbelievably good feet, four-way mobility and a knack for jumping into the play at the right time. While he has to work on his decisions (always looking to run-and-gun with the puck and at times being the first man in on the forecheck, even while on the penalty kill) and refine his D-zone play, the tools are just too good to deny.

Even the following evening against the USHL's top team, Indiana, Moore played very well despite not hitting the score sheet in a 3-2 loss. The weekend's performance solidifies our belief that Moore is a definite rising star in this year's draft and is a sure-fire first-round prospect.

Old
01-24-2009, 05:45 AM
JagerPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
Yup.
With such a deep draft, this is a good late first, second round year.

Draft a ****ing goalie.

Old
01-24-2009, 06:57 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Or, if we trade down into the second, we could end up with a Patrice Bergeron, Shea Webber, Patrick O'Sullivan, Matt Carle, David Backes, Kevin Kline, etc...... Our pick is going to be at the lower end of the first. If we trade down with a team who has multiple 2nds, the chances are we get a player who went later than they should have.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 09:50 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

If we could package our first and maybe another pick and get two seconds, I think I would be okay with that.

Old
01-24-2009, 10:56 AM
fully spectrumed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Downie View Post
Just wanted to clear that up.....

http://www.prosportstransactions.com...rades/2009.htm

As for the Dallas pick - does anyone know of the conditions to be met?
Doesn't really make sense considering Alberts will most likely be signed or not signed after the draft.

fully spectrumed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by fully spectrumed View Post
Doesn't really make sense considering Alberts will most likely be signed or not signed after the draft.
If they're willing to sign back with the team they just played for, quite a few players will sign their contract immediately after the season.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 12:06 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
If we could package our first and maybe another pick and get two seconds, I think I would be okay with that.
I think that would all depend on how far we make it in the playoffs. We get something between the 25th-30th, getting two 2nds, I think, would be hard to get. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2009, 07:45 PM
Haute Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I think that would all depend on how far we make it in the playoffs. We get something between the 25th-30th, getting two 2nds, I think, would be hard to get. Maybe a 2nd and a 3rd.
At the most recent draft Anaheim was able to trade the 28th pick for the 35th and 39th.

I don't think the Flyers should trade down just for the sake of trading down. They should stick to their BPA formula whether that means trading up, down, or staying put.