HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hey Andy, CJ is now a Capitol on his fourth team..

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 12:53 AM
punchy1

vCash: 500
Hey Andy, CJ is now a Capitol on his fourth team..

Do you still think that he is a very good two way player that add allot to his team?

I mean, I read he were a nice enough man and no harm is meant by this thread but I also remember Andy saying exactly that last year as the reason HE were being given top six ice time.

CJ is now a member of the Washington Capitols claimed from the Leafs. Four teams in one year. (if you count that he ended with us.)

Old
03-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy1
Do you still think that he is a very good two way player that add allot to his team?

I mean, I read he were a nice enough man and no harm is meant by this thread but I also remember Andy saying exactly that last year as the reason HE were being given top six ice time.

CJ is now a member of the Washington Capitols claimed from the Leafs. Four teams in one year. (if you count that he ended with us.)
I think he's a good player, but his offense really fell off last year.

Old
03-06-2004, 01:13 AM
punchy1

From what? I looked at his stats and it looked like he had one decent year in the mix.

I am only hard on CJ as he were sucking up ice time from some of our players, namely Frolov, who truly could have used it. From when he came over in the great one deal he never really amounted to more than a fast semi effective two way player.

I just didn't see anything in his game and now, after leaving us, he has gone to the Ducks, Leafs and now Caps. That can't be a good indicator of a player who has any game left. I was just one of those people who always looked at him and thought "if he could do just one thing more than skate fast he would be brilliant" but never saw him do it.

I did hear he were a grand chap so no harsh words about who he is, just how he plays the game.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:32 AM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

No one would argue that CJ deserved the ice time he got in 2002-03 but I'd hardly classify an average ice time of 14:04 per game with 35 seconds of PP time as top six ice time.

Old
03-06-2004, 10:55 AM
punchy1

You are right, let me correct that bit. CJ spent time playing on the top two lines for a stretch of about 20 games producing naff results that could have gone to other players who deserved it better. You also *cannot* take his "seasons average" in production and try to use it to show what was happening during a stretch of about 20 games so the numbers you have posted don't reflect (or come close to) the amount of time that CJ was given up front with the best we had when, he was given that time after key players left due to injury.

That is only partially the point though and I will be straight damned if I am going to actually spend one second of time debating CJs merits or lack thereof so, whatever you say goes from this point on. CJ can be anything you want him to be, as long as part of that is that he has been dropped twice this season and is now on his third team proving that if he had any legitimate skills, he would have stuck at least once.

Other coaches, looked at his speed and "skillset" and said, I like his game, lets bring him aboard only to say "I think we can do better by playing our kids and or getting others to do the job. CJ lasted longer than he ever should have as a King. Nice chap, but his hockey skills left him long ago the way I see but, like I said, whatever you say is what he is because he isn't close to worth the time either of us would take debating him.

Old
03-06-2004, 12:31 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
I think he's a good player, but his offense really fell off last year.
His offense fell off when he came into the league! Bar-none the worst player the Kings have ever had, that logged those kind of minutes! He blows!

Old
03-06-2004, 04:00 PM
kingschix

Send a message via AIM to kingschix
He was fine before he cut his own tendon. His skating speed/ability never quite restored to how it was before the incident. I would never think to put CJ on a top 6 of anything.

Off topic, kindof, there's still a stupid ad at Staples out by the smoking patio upstairs of CJ w/a score of 3-0 on the JumboTron, in favor of Detroit!

Closed Thread