HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Sharks @ Flames, Game 40

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonite?
Glencross-Lombardi-Moss line 17 62.96%
Bertuzzi-Langkow-Bourque line 7 25.93%
Giordano-Sarich pairing 0 0%
Miikka Kiprusoff 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Snoil11

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
PGT: Sharks @ Flames, Game 40

Fire away!!!

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:33 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

I got to watch the third period and I was very pleased with what I saw. We looked like a much better team against them this time and that's a big positive.

KiwiFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:35 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 50
Huge win, especially with Colorado and Minnesota winning tonight and the Oilers winning yesterday

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:35 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Sweet sweet revenge! This may very well be my favorite win of the season so far. Everyone showed up and did their part. What a game by Glencross and Giordano. Too bad Langkow couldn't complete the hat trick, but a solid game from him too. Kiprusoff with some HUGE saves.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

I voted for the Glencross line, but major props goes to Langkow/Bert/Bork.

Signing "GlenX" has been the best Sutter pickup since getting he got Huselius

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:37 PM
The Gaud Father

Glencross-Lombardi-Moss line was money. They were great down low (well, so was the team)

Kipper didn't need to work as hard because the defence was good tonight, but came out to play when the chance came. That's what I like about him, he will be good when it really matters.

Overall, the team played well and did all the little things right. This is how we need to play EVERY night. Just keep skating and we can beat any team in the league. We have the right amount of talent, physicality, speed and smarts to be the best team.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:41 PM
sonetlumiere

so funny, i was going to make the EXACT same poll.. *hi5*

anyways, i chose the third line for tonights mvp as it seemed they never stopped moving and were always controlling the play. individually though i'd have to give it glencross. he put on an amazing display of his puck pressure, backcheck and playmaking abilities. now PLEASE KEENAN, keep these boys together..

amazing all around game besides our re-occurring case of the sloppy seconds..

sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Lanny'sDaMan

vCash: 1075
Third Period
A return to the patient and disciplined play that made the first period such a Flames period. They were much better in the neutral zone again and they stood up very well at the blueline. They were also back to the smart quick passes and good offensive zone possession. Very quick on the cycle and sustained pressure was rewarded with yet another goal for the Flames. This was just a very hard worked, solid grider type of period by the Flames. Everyone was very good this period again and left me no one to gripe about.
The penalty kill was a one man show as Miikka simply stood on his ear and denied everything that came his way. Well ok, I have to give Boyd credit on his near shortie. I absolutely love how good our pk has been this season. They not only deny the opposition time and space, they also manage to generate a ton of offense. There were no power plays for the Falmes, and I for one am glad of it. I would rather start declining penalties with or PP special unit. Special as in short bus special.
Glencross was a beast that period. He did everything. Shot, hit, passed, walked on water. He was simply amazing. I also have much love for Moss. But, that is nothing new as he just continues to improve with every shift out there. And Miikka was simply stellar that period. That one play where the puck was everywhere around the Flames net but never in is a prime example I counted six blocks and five saves by Miikka himself. It was like San Jose couldn’t buy a goal.

Overall Impressions
Can the Flames swing with the big boys? I do believe they answered that question tonight. A resounding yes. Sorry that should be Yes, with a capital “Y”. They came out and dominated the Sharks for over 45 minutes of the game. If not for the penalty troubles of the second period this game would have been a complete blowout. They came ready to win and never once did they look like the game would slip away. This is the team we’ve all said existed by never showed up. “On paper”. Well now we can say “On Ice”, because the Flames are finally for real and have proven it in a most convincing manner.

Three Stars By Me
1. Daymond Langkow
2. David Moss
3. Curtis Glencross
HM: I have to give Conroy a shout. He was quietly amazing all game making super smart defensive plays and really working the puck in every area of the ice.

Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Grannys

AWESOME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave my MVP to Kipper. The whole team was completely on top of it and if I could of chosen the whole team I would of... but when the Sharks had some spark in them in the 2nd, Kipper made some big saves that most definitely kept the Flames in the game. If the Sharks would of come one goal away from a tie, that would of just completely stunned the Flames and would of given them enough energy to tie it. But no! was the answer from Kipper.

Bert, Glencross, Borque and Langkow looked amazing out there also. Too bad for Phaneufs and Iggy stats though, they are having some dry moments. Every time Iggy went on a rush, he hugged the boards and all the Sharks had to do was put a body in front of him and he was done. But credit to Iggy, he kept on coming back over and over again.

Unfortunately I had to watch this as a Sharks feed on TV and man of man do I hate the Sharks commentators, so freaking annoying. Whine and while over and over again... idiots.

Anyways, GREAT GAME FOR THE BOYS IN RED!!!!!!

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 12:08 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Way to go boys! What a game and that sure does make up for the pounding they got in San Jose. The first period was pretty much as perfect as you can get in a game. Just completely dominated. All 6 d-man were great tonight, but have to give props to Giordano and Pardy. Both were outstanding all game long. 2nd and 3rd lines were awesome as well. Cycled well and offensively chipped in 4 of the 5 goals. Thought the first line struggled a bit, but the other lines picked it up. Definetly not the strongest of games from Iggy and Cammalleri, but with the depth we currently have they weren't needed. I love Glencross. What a pickup.

Big statement game from the flames and it sure is nice to beat the Sharks.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 12:10 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Dudes, THAT WAS THE BEST GAME TO BE AT EVER.

Glencross-Lombardi-Moss line was ridiculous tonight. They were everywhere, and chipped in two goals. How excellent.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 12:46 AM
Miko

I only caught the last period of the game but man this win feels so damn good.

I loved what saw from Glencross , Lombardi and Moss tonight.This line has a lot of chemistry and i hope Keenan keeps this line together.Its just too bad i missed the first period,I heard it was complete domination by the flames.

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 12:47 AM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko View Post
Its just too bad i missed the first period, I heard it was complete domination by the flames.

Best 1st period of the year by this team, IMO. Domination sums it up right.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 01:07 AM
GoFlames

What a game!!! Wow great job team. I am glad it was 5-2 even though I thought my 4-2 prediction would stick lol. Seriously though the Flames are starting to turn heads and I am excited about this team and the way they play.

Thanks KEvin Lowe for being too ****** to sign Glencross. I think I will get a #20 Jersey as he is my favourite player the way he always works hard, shows up and is his own worst critic to work even harder. Great pick up...

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 01:08 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Best 1st period of the year by this team, IMO. Domination sums it up right.
Totally...

Old
01-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Noori

Nice to see the Flames conquer their demons. MVP to the 2nd line. This is the first time in a long time Iginla hasn't had to do it all alone.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Northern Neighbour

I missed the game last night as I had to go to bed (haven't been feeling well lately). Nice to see the team beat San Jose and withstand their comeback attempt.

From the highlights and GDT, seems like the Flames dominated the first 20 minutes but then laid back a little too much. Still, this was a quality win following a disappointing effort in Chicago.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 08:35 AM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
A win against the best team in the league without our top line getting a point or having any real offensive impact at all, something to be proud of.

I don't know what they had in the first period, but if they could just bottle it up and take a swig before every game then nobody will be able to beat us.

Anyways my MVP is the Moss-Lombardi-Glencross line. They were just too much for the Sharks and had energy all night.

Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Hyde

That had to be the best game I've been to this season. The Flames took it to the Sharks in the first. They just imposed their will on them and those Sharks just ran then around. I think they underestimated the Flames.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 11:12 AM
DownInFlames

Fantastic game. Flames domination for 2/3 of the game.

Wonder if we are going to hear Canucks and Oilers fans saying we haven't beat any good teams yet and we are a mediocre team.

We are the only team to beat the best of both conferences.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 11:16 AM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
Fantastic game. Flames domination for 2/3 of the game.

Wonder if we are going to hear Canucks and Oilers fans saying we haven't beat any good teams yet and we are a mediocre team.
We are the only team to beat the best of both conferences.
Hahaha I think we know the answer to that! I jsut saw the highlights of their 5th goal and all I can say about Glencross is wow. Takes a hit, a sweet pass right in front...

Old
01-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Ticonderoga

Nuts!

I always miss the good ones.

Good thing I have this game archived on my computer waiting for me.

Well Like I said in the GDT this win gets a big monkey off our back and helps us take those steps into becoming a elite team.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 01:43 PM
TheSlapper

vCash: 617
Bask in your glory while you can, Personally I can't wait until next thursday.

TheSlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 05:09 PM
swany

Great game guys, I am an Oiler fan BUT my 8 year old son loves Calgary (can you believe that) so I have no chioce but to cheer for you guys now, unless you play the Oil. That was a fantastic game all around for calgary.

swany is offline   Reply With Quote