HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oates out.

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 02:17 PM
coyote

vCash: 500
Oates out.

IMO since he got here the worst line on the ice game in and game out has been the line with him on it. He has played with almost every line combination possible with no or very little results. They have also made every possible excuses for his lack of success. I think it's time to send him to the press box. If York is back in Chicago he should replace Oates and no one else. If Hemsky or anyone else is taken out of the line up for him then I would question the ability of the Coaching staff. He was at one time a great player and a future hall of famer but since he has been in the line up I can't think of one game where he has been the reason we won. I always liked the way Oates played but there is a time to pass the torch.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:54 PM
Hemsky4PM

I agree. York should be kept at center. We need to actually load up our top 6 forwards for a change.

Smyth- York- Hemsky
Torres- Nedved- Dvorak
Moreau- Horcoff- Pisani
Chimera- Stoll- Laraque

Why should anyone but Oates sit out??? We have too many centers, it's time to put aside any "respect" for Oates because of his career. It's must win all the time now. This is the best line-up to do that, unless Chimera comes out and Horcoff goes to the wing, which I can see.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:21 PM
coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
I agree. York should be kept at center. We need to actually load up our top 6 forwards for a change.

Smyth- York- Hemsky
Torres- Nedved- Dvorak
Moreau- Horcoff- Pisani
Chimera- Stoll- Laraque

Why should anyone but Oates sit out??? We have too many centers, it's time to put aside any "respect" for Oates because of his career. It's must win all the time now. This is the best line-up to do that, unless Chimera comes out and Horcoff goes to the wing, which I can see.
I would keep Pisani with Smyth and Horcoff because they are playing well. Like I said before, York should replace Oates, that would put him in the middle of Moreau and Hemsky. The other lines would stay intack. As for taking out Chimera, I think you need his size and speed on the forecheck and is one of the few forwards that make the opposition defense pay the price. I'm sorry but Oates does nothing for this team.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
If only some sniper abundant team would suddenly lose a bunch of centers and desperately need to find a gifted playmaker, especially one who has a sharpshooter with a history with Oates already... then maybe another deal could be made!

Captain Obvious says: DETROIT

Last edited by Guy Flaming: 03-06-2004 at 09:28 PM.
Closed Thread