HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Torrey Mitchell?

Old
01-25-2009, 02:35 AM
jwhitesj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemania View Post
I'm gonna call it and say he'll be AHL'n till March.
He can't do anymore than a conditioning assighment without having to clar waivers.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 11:34 AM
fr4ed2384

Could be as simple as Soft tissue injuries or damage ... which can be a real pain.. can be anything from an adhesion that breaks loose and causes bleeding into the tissue , could be a muscle tear ( or charlie horse) that again bleeds inside and requires a lot of therapy, exercise and massage to get the fluid out and "get the knots out" .. I have had them once even after knee surgery... Hurts like hell during therapy and can take several weeks to complete .. you need to get the fluid out or it can cause muscle problems

Could even be the bone callus is irritaing muscle and tissue . I had one that was rubbing on a nerve causing muscle spasms --pain and fluid buildup .. took several months to finally go away completely
In these cases it's mostly a matter of time to get it healed

fr4ed2384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2009, 12:47 PM
coooldude

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4ed2384 View Post
Could be as simple as Soft tissue injuries or damage ... which can be a real pain.. can be anything from an adhesion that breaks loose and causes bleeding into the tissue , could be a muscle tear ( or charlie horse) that again bleeds inside and requires a lot of therapy, exercise and massage to get the fluid out and "get the knots out" .. I have had them once even after knee surgery... Hurts like hell during therapy and can take several weeks to complete .. you need to get the fluid out or it can cause muscle problems

Could even be the bone callus is irritaing muscle and tissue . I had one that was rubbing on a nerve causing muscle spasms --pain and fluid buildup .. took several months to finally go away completely
In these cases it's mostly a matter of time to get it healed
Awesome thanks for this. If it's not "structural" then I agree, it's probably a lot of pain and therapy to get to a state where he can perform in the NHL, but it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

coooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:34 AM
godeepdown

why is it the NHL is so sketchy about saying what injuries are. It's always upper or lower but rarely exact info. Bugs the crap out of me. Other sports they say exactly what injuries are. Whats the differance? Is it a betting thing?

godeepdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Casey the Sharks Fan

I just can't believe we have done all this winning without Mitch (well I can believe it but its still crazy that he has yet to play at all this season). I just want him back asap

Casey the Sharks Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 12:56 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Starting this season, the NHL has allowed teams to "vaguely" identify injuries (i.e., upper/lower body).

One school of thought is that this will help when players return from injury so that they aren't targeted in those areas.

E.g., if a guy has a wrist/hand injury, you might find an opponent more likely to "slash" or otherwise hamper the hand/wrist to get an advantage. By simply saying "upper body", opponents don't know if it's hand/wrist, elbow, shoulder, ribs or what.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2009, 07:38 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...ticleid=406982

Latest blog entry
Quote:
I went to Worcester to begin playing again. It felt great to get back on the ice and it was exciting to play again. I tweaked things during one of the games so that is why I’m not playing at the moment.
How uncommital can one get?

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote