HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Speculation: Hainsey should be traded

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 12:56 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Speculation: Hainsey should be traded

Thinking about our defense with Souray and Markov taking the top spots on the left side, Ron Hainsey is expendable.

I bet we'll see Gainey move him and someone else (Hossa?) for another veteran presence... hopefully Sean Hill to plug the gap on the right side.

Best possible dream deal: Hainsey, Hossa, Perezhogin, Higgins to St. Louis with a draft pick for Chris Pronger and they pick up $1.5 mil of salary.

Then we'd have:

Bulis-Saks-Kovy
Ryder-Ribs-Zed
Juneau-Dowd-Sundstrom
Kilger-Begin-Ward

Souray-Rivet
Markov-Pronger
Bouillon-Brisebois (with Komisarek taking the job down the road)

Theo
Garon

Gimme the cup baby.

---

All jokes aside, we obviously need help on right D!

Last edited by tinyzombies: 03-06-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Old
03-06-2004, 01:32 AM
zednik 20 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Thinking about our defense with Souray and Markov taking the top spots on the left side, Ron Hainsey is expendable.

I bet we'll see Gainey move him and someone else (Hossa?) for another veteran presence... hopefully Sean Hill to plug the gap on the right side.

Best possible dream deal: Hainsey, Hossa, Perezhogin, Higgins to St. Louis with a draft pick for Chris Pronger and they pick up $1.5 mil of salary.

Then we'd have:

Bulis-Saks-Kovy
Ryder-Ribs-Zed
Juneau-Dowd-Sundstrom
Kilger-Begin-Ward

Souray-Rivet
Markov-Pronger

Theo
Garon

Gimme the cup baby.

---

No way in hell, i will do this trade!!!! That is like to lose all the TOP prospects!!!
We need Higgins, Perezhogin and Hossa for future man!!!

Old
03-06-2004, 02:03 AM
theo6060

You are definitely not going to win a popularity contest with that trade offer. I would hate to give that many prospects with the chance of getting someone who's sort of off his pace. 2 of those guys maybe, but no way would all four go.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:08 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Pronger plays the left side, no?

Either way, the package is too much, IMO. With him being a RFA come season's end, St. Louis wouldn't be paying for long, as it would be our responsibility to re-sign him.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:46 AM
scoubidoo

Quote:

Then we'd have:

Bulis-Saks-Kovy
Ryder-Ribs-Zed
Juneau-Dowd-Sundstrom
Kilger-Begin-Ward

Souray-Rivet
Markov-Pronger

Theo
Garon

Gimme the cup baby.

---

You are probably sick!!

Pronger is an injury prone and probably the most overrated defenseman in the league!

Giving up so much quality prospects is totally insane, even Milburry would'nt do that!

Old
03-06-2004, 02:55 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Then we'd have:

Bulis-Saks-Kovy
Ryder-Ribs-Zed
Juneau-Dowd-Sundstrom
Kilger-Begin-Ward

Souray-Rivet
Markov-Pronger

Theo
Garon

Gimme the cup baby.

---

4 prospects? They should pick up all of his salary at least, after resigning him to a 5 year contract! lol!

Old
03-06-2004, 02:58 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
sure !! even the leafs dont trade all their future for a playoff run !! why should we ?

Old
03-06-2004, 03:12 AM
tinyzombies

I was only joking, but it's not that far-fetched of a deal. Hossa and Hainsey are second rate prospects. Perezhogin and Higgins have potential and the draft pick is hard to give up.

But Chris Pronger is probably the best defenseman in the league and would add a huge dimension to our game. Imagine playing Toronto with this guy, Souray and Komisarek on our blueline? With Rivet playing limited minutes on the third pairing with Bouillon?

We'd kick their ***** all over the rink.

But that $9 mil is tough to swallow and we'd definitely have to let Kovalev go in the summer (which we will do anyway).

Though we are subtracting about $7-8 mil of salary after this season, we probably still don't have enough clout to sign Pronger. Souray is going to want big money soon too and we have to resign him.

I'd still be tempted if I were big George! St. Louis has all that Walgreen's money though, so I don't see why they would let Pronger go.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:32 AM
Marksman

Why not throwing Komisarek and Kastitsyn for Tkatchuk aswell?

Old
03-06-2004, 03:35 AM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
Why not throwing Komisarek and Kastitsyn for Tkatchuk aswell?
Type I RFA's are worth five first rounders or the equivalent of five first rounders in trade value, or they were up until the last big salary boom, you know that. If we wanted to trade for him that would surely be Pleau's angle. If we signed him and they didn't match the offer sheet, we'd have to give our next five first rounders, right? Hartford did it for Glen Wesley for some reason and it crippled them for years and probably forced them to move to Carolina.

I'm not sure Hainsey and Hossa have retained their standing in value either, especially since they were Houle picks (which should bring a chuckle to GM's around the league, though he is a good guy and it's not his fault he was put in a tough position really).

There are other players we could go for if we were to blow all our chips at once. Pronger does come with some health risks, but it sure would be nice...

I'm sick of getting beaten up by Toronto and our defense is in a sad state with no help on the way.

Last edited by tinyzombies: 03-06-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Old
03-06-2004, 04:01 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Type I RFA's are worth five first rounders or the equivalent of five first rounders in trade value, or they were up until the last big salary boom, you know that. If we wanted to trade for him that would surely be Pleau's angle. If we signed him and they didn't match the offer sheet, we'd have to give our next five first rounders, right? Hartford did it for Glen Wesley for some reason and it crippled them for years and probably forced them to move to Carolina.
Signing RFAs on offer sheets isnt much of an issue these days. Those have been rare before and now until there is a new CBA in place no sane GM will make long term commitments on deals like Prongers or Tkachuks. Trust me we would have their fat contracts, and much less freedom to manouver, for good.

Quote:
I'm not sure Hainsey and Hossa have retained their standing in value either, especially since they were Houle picks (which should bring a chuckle to GM's around the league, though he is a good guy and it's not his fault he was put in a tough position really).
You know, with Ribeiro, Ryder and Markov doing pretty well that may have changed a little. Werent those all Houle picks too?

Quote:
There are other players we could go for if we were to blow all our chips at once. Pronger does come with some health risks, but it sure would be nice...

I'm sick of getting beaten up by Toronto and our defense is in a sad state with no help on the way.
Pronger isnt perfect player you make him out to be. For someone 6-6/220 he can be soft and whiny at times. Souray is tougher than him and both Markov and Brisebois are just as good offensively - while they dont combine all that in one player you're not having all your eggs in one basket either.

Think of Leafs in couple years time and you will feel better - we will have Hossa and Hainsey (among others) what will they have?

Old
03-06-2004, 09:20 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Your idea of a dream trade is nothing more than the worse nightmare for the reaistic Hab loving fan.

You just gave away everything AS has been building for for one player, back to ground zero all over again

Old
03-06-2004, 09:31 AM
RE-HABS

Quote:

Your points make no sense in what you want to do to make this team better, you cripple this team totally by mortgaging the future. Our D is a sad state? We are in the top 10 for goals against, they can't be that bad and must being doing something right in helping Theo and Garon back there. Markov, Komisarek, Rivet and Souray aren't exactly old and inable, there are other kids in Korneev, Hainsey, Flood and O'Bryne too...be sure that others can be picked up in signing or trade also.

Losing to the Leafs? Big deal, did you see how old that team is??? It is their last kick at the can...they will be our b!tches for the next couple of years when they are too old to skate and back check and their farm is bare so they have totally sacraficed the future of that team, they are going to be the next New York Rangers.

Old
03-06-2004, 01:24 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Your points make no sense in what you want to do to make this team better, you cripple this team totally by mortgaging the future. Our D is a sad state? We are in the top 10 for goals against, they can't be that bad and must being doing something right in helping Theo and Garon back there. Markov, Komisarek, Rivet and Souray aren't exactly old and inable, there are other kids in Korneev, Hainsey, Flood and O'Bryne too...be sure that others can be picked up in signing or trade also.

Losing to the Leafs? Big deal, did you see how old that team is??? It is their last kick at the can...they will be our b!tches for the next couple of years when they are too old to skate and back check and their farm is bare so they have totally sacraficed the future of that team, they are going to be the next New York Rangers.
For sake of argument, I disagree about the Leafs. They have Stajan, Steen, Colaiacovo, Ponikarovsky, Antropov, Kaberle, Pilar as young players, plus Sundin, Mogilny, McCabe, Tucker, Klee, Berg and others are not nearing the finish line for quite awhile yet. They can replace Roberts, Nolan, Niewendyk, Belfour with youngsters or free agents. I wouldn't count on them going away at all and they have moved a lot of young talent. We cannot afford their roster, but we do have more players and if we wanted to deal the lot of our picks, we could do it and get a big-time player while staying at our current salary structure (or $3 mil less, since that is what we are projected to lose says Boivin).

We lost about $5 mil on the buyouts and will lose another couple mil to buyout Dykhuis... that's $7 mil in losses.

If you buy out Brisebois for $1 mil, you save $2.5 mil on his ridiculous $4.5 mil contract.

Perreault is leaving, that saves $2.8 mil.

Let Quintal go, that saves $1.5 mil.

Let Juneau go, that saves $2.025 mil.

Let Sundstrom go, that saves $1.3 to $1.9 mil (not sure how it balanced out).

Drop Hossa and Hainsey, that saves $2.10 mil.

That saves about $13 mil minus the $7 mil in losses and you get $6 mil difference, minus the $3 mil in Boivin's projected losses and that gives us an extra $3 mil...

I guess you're right, it's not enough. We'd be $6 mil over again. We'd have to give them Rivet (which would be lovely!) to balance out the salary a bit.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
If Mario want to be a part of our playoff run why not

haha just kidding guys

Old
03-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:

Then we'd have:

Bulis-Saks-Kovy
Ryder-Ribs-Zed
Juneau-Dowd-Sundstrom
Kilger-Begin-Ward

Souray-Rivet
Markov-Pronger

Theo
Garon

Gimme the cup baby.

---

ARE YOU KIDDING!!!! No way I want to give Perezoghin,Higgins In a trade,If either one Is trade,even if It was for Pronger I would be very sad,And EVEN more you are giving Hossa and Hainsey In the trade,just non sense here

BTW,we are In rebuilding mode right now, so why would we trade all our prospect,we work like 5 years to get all the prospect we have now so can't see why we would trade 4 of the best prospect we have for 1 guy,who Is really good no doubt about It, but do you really want to destroy all we built In 5 years for 1 guy???

Last edited by Belarus Rocket: 03-06-2004 at 03:35 PM.
Closed Thread