HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pgt: Yay!

Old
01-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Im pretty sure they will get in early this morning.Snow should stop soon.If not last time that happened we said the samething about Tampa Bay and they dominated us
Track the Habs flight...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/ACA7042

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
NHLcrazy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Im pretty sure they will get in early this morning.Snow should stop soon.
hope you're right!

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Great game.

Definitely a great "old time hockey" type of game to watch.

Not to downplay the overall play of the Habs tonight, but if not for the soft goals Lundqvist gave up and if a few of those rolling pucks ended up behind Halak, this game would have been a lot different. Great game again guys.
I know he was good from 05-07 but to me, he has tailed off since then. Well, from what I can see. He always got SOs and stuff in on us at MSG, but we made up for that tonight. However, for games in Montreal he has been in every time dating back to 05-06 and his best effort was still a loss, 1-0 on Boom Boom's retirement/memorial ceremony. Usually Henrik is torched against the Habs (6-5 SO game, 6-2 earlier this year, 5-3 win for him last year, 4-3 win in 06-07 are all I can remember).

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
oli500

Its amazing to see the evolution of this organization from a a few years back. We beat a team in the rangers that are healthy and very talented. We are missing a top line and a top goaltender and still seem pretty comfortable vs the rangers. Sometimes fans of this team and even I don't realize how lucky we are right now. I'm jut enjoying every moment of the success we are having right now.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:23 PM
emb24*

hopefully habs are pissed enough from the last loafs game and mikhail hotdogsky

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:23 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post

they don't travel in commercial flights, right? they rent a A320 from Air Canada?

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
They're young,
They're quick,

But

They suck.
And we suck against them..

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hab-a-maniac

Tonight wasn't perfect, but as far as road games go this was nearly that. If only the Hab team we saw tonight would show up against the ****** teams, especially those of the Southeast Div. Then we'd be much closer to Boston right now. I'm not sure injuries are the main reason we're behind them because when we had Tangs, Higgins, Dandy and Koivu in the lineup, we looked lost. Seems injuries and the emergence of young guys (not to mention unsung heroes becoming clutch, like Lappy) have been responsible for us. We can still get better, that's the scary part. Where the Bs are now, is where many expected us to be before the season started. I sorta did too (though not with a mere 7 losses, I was thinking more 9 or 10- and hey, we have only 10 anyway). T

he parts are there and though I have my doubts this team can respond to the conference's best, I know we're capable of going to the conf. finals if we hit our stride. Basically, we have found a 3rd and 4th line here. The nights where one of our top 2 units and some d-men show up (and a shaky Halak isn't in net), we're pretty hard to beat. Too bad we've had so few nights like that. All I know is that I want to see how our heart and soul guys like Begin, Kosto, Chips and Laps do in the playoffs. I've been much more disappointed this year by our softer scoring types like Sergei, Andrei at times, Higgins and underachiever #1 Plekanec. Without the grinders, we'd certainly be doomed. With them at their best, who knows what delights await us?

Last edited by Hab-a-maniac: 01-07-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Its amazing to see the evolution of this organization from a a few years back. We beat a team in the rangers that are healthy and very talented. We are missing a top line and a top goaltender and still seem pretty comfortable vs the rangers. Sometimes fans of this team and even I don't realize how lucky we are right now. I'm jut enjoying every moment of the success we are having right now.
people are comparing the team to last year's team instead of the rest of the conference. if habs win tomorrow they are only 8 pts behind boston with equal number of games played..with 3 games left to play vs them...AND only 3 games separated in the loss column.

Old
01-07-2009, 09:25 PM
MTL-rules

Another +3 for Gorges tonight, I'm amazed how good he has been this season... +19 now, not flashy but smart... I hope he keeps it up...

MTL-rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:25 PM
HotHabsFan*

great game by the Habs, they capitalized for one of the few times this year on their opportunities. i have been saying all year that i love the Lang signing. i wonder what they will say on CKAC now, he seems to be a player they like to bash !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Don't they leave and land from St-Hubert?Thought I saw that one time,may be wrong

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Etienne

Good game for the Habs. Not their best game this season, but they didn't slow down and played 3 periods. Lang was in his zone tonight.

Those refs sucked, though. At least 3 horrible non-calls for the Habs, and one for the Rags (which led to their 1st goal).

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LastRide

Good game by the Habs. Nobody watching Sundin in his first game..lol

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
people are comparing the team to last year's team instead of the rest of the conference. if habs win tomorrow they are only 8 pts behind boston with equal number of games played..with 3 games left to play vs them...AND only 3 games separated in the loss column.
Keep in mind the Bruins play Ottawa tomorrow so the game against the Leafs will in all likelihood be about keeping up with them rather than closing in.

Bill McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Another +3 for Gorges tonight, I'm amazed how good he has been this season... +19 now, not flashy but smart... I hope he keeps it up...
and after that giveaway last year against Atlanta we all wanted him gone,what a player and trade this is turning out to be and the Sharks don't even have Rivet anymore!!

Old
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
Keep in mind the Bruins play Ottawa tomorrow so the game against the Leafs will in all likelihood be about keeping up with them rather than closing in.
oh you never know...

Vinceee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
GoodKiwi

Quote:
Yeah, it's hard to imagine that Bastin will drop three in a row, especially against Ottawa. Does not matter to me though, every time the Sens lose it's a sweet victory for me and a reason to celebrate!

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Actually, for those who want to compare and contrast last year's habs vs this years habs then the 2008-09 edition of les Canadiens are 7 points better after 39 games. 52 pts this year vs 45 last year. This year's team has a better defense and better 5 on 5 play. I'll take this team over last year's anyday.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
I know he was good from 05-07 but to me, he has tailed off since then. Well, from what I can see. He always got SOs and stuff in on us at MSG, but we made up for that tonight. However, for games in Montreal he has been in every time dating back to 05-06 and his best effort was still a loss, 1-0 on Boom Boom's retirement/memorial ceremony. Usually Henrik is torched against the Habs (6-5 SO game, 6-2 earlier this year, 5-3 win for him last year, 4-3 win in 06-07 are all I can remember).
Hank definitely hasn't been the same since his hot start in the first 20 games of the season or so. Granted, the overall defensive play of the Rangers has been subpar since then for the most part, but at the same time its also obvious that Hank hasn't been playing as well as he has been. Historically speaking, the Rangers tend to crap the bed, for lack of better words, from December into early January in the majority of the post-lockout seasons.

Based on this, I think the decrease of Henrik's overall play is a testament of the team's play during this time of the season. I have faith that as the team starts to put everything together as they gear up for a playoff push, that Lundqvist will be right behind them and maybe even end up stealing the Vezina if Tim Thomas comes back down to earth.

As another poster mentioned, I am aware that you guys are without 5 or 6 of your key players, making beating the Rangers tonight even more impressive.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:32 PM
emb24*

Quote:
i'm just saying everyone's talking about their sick start while we are where we are with a crappy pp and 6 starters out.

Old
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals

Pacioretty tonight?

I was at my own game tonight so I wasn't able to watch the habs play. How was Pacioretty in his first regular season NHL game?

Mise en echec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
i'm just saying everyone's talking about their sick start while we are where we are with a crappy pp and 6 starters out.
Oh I understand. I'm just kind of hoping I jinx the Bruins.

Bill McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
hmm he's a +2 on Yahoo and on NHL, but a +3 on ESPN...weird.

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacioretty set GO View Post
I was at my own game tonight so I wasn't able to watch the habs play. How was Pacioretty in his first regular season NHL game?
Tonight was his 3rd NHL game!

Played well,solid hits and a great pass to Kovalev for the opening goal.He's a keeper