HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pgt: Yay!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
  #76
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,705
vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
Its amazing to see the evolution of this organization from a a few years back. We beat a team in the rangers that are healthy and very talented. We are missing a top line and a top goaltender and still seem pretty comfortable vs the rangers. Sometimes fans of this team and even I don't realize how lucky we are right now. I'm jut enjoying every moment of the success we are having right now.
Well said. The Habs played with intelligence tonight and executed simple plays like the line-up was full of vets. Halak was also strong when it was needed, he's gonna build on this game to get back to where he was a few weeks back.

Mats who? Lang

Team_Spirit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:34 PM
  #77
emb24*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Hank definitely hasn't been the same since his hot start in the first 20 games of the season or so. Granted, the overall defensive play of the Rangers has been subpar since then for the most part, but at the same time its also obvious that Hank hasn't been playing as well as he has been. Historically speaking, the Rangers tend to crap the bed, for lack of better words, from December into early January in the majority of the post-lockout seasons.

Based on this, I think the decrease of Henrik's overall play is a testament of the team's play during this time of the season. I have faith that as the team starts to put everything together as they gear up for a playoff push, that Lundqvist will be right behind them and maybe even end up stealing the Vezina if Tim Thomas comes back down to earth.

As another poster mentioned, I am aware that you guys are without 5 or 6 of your key players, making beating the Rangers tonight even more impressive.
the team tonight was ridiculously young

pacioretty 20
sergei K 20
Andrei K 23
Lapierre 23
Lats 21
D'agostini 22
chipchura 22
halak 23
gorges 23

not to mention
pleks 25
komo 26

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:36 PM
  #78
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
the team tonight was ridiculously young

pacioretty 20
sergei K 20
Andrei K 23
Lapierre 23
Lats 21
D'agostini 22
chipchura 22
halak 23
gorges 23

not to mention
pleks 25
komo 26

add to that Kovalev who wants to play until 50.....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
  #79
SonOfGom
Registered User
 
SonOfGom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,628
vCash: 500
and, in his first game he had a goal on his first shot

SonOfGom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:38 PM
  #80
TheCH*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,060
vCash: 500
He looked a little lost at times but thats to be expected. Overall he did ok.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:39 PM
  #81
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,632
vCash: 500
Not as impressive as D'Ago looked in his first 3-5 games, but good enough.

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:39 PM
  #82
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
The Good: Lang with 3 goals, VICTORY!


Kovy is a captain. I dare say, he's THE captain here. Giving the puck to Lang on the empty netter, that's a captain. Pulling Plekanec away from a scrum so he wouldn't get a penalty, really going around telling the guys not to fall for it, that's a captain.

We are now 10 away from Boston, that's only 5 games behind, and they're due to lose.
Isn't that what any hockey player, from the age they learn the fun of having a hat trick, would do? Seems to be rather routine that's what teamates do. That's why Lang was on the ice to begin with.

Kovalev is a little too about Kovalev for me to call him SuperCaptain just yet, but let's just say he's doing some good mentoring. But much like Lang he's largely paid to do that.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:40 PM
  #83
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
add to that Kovalev who wants to play until 50.....
He's just hitting his prime!

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:41 PM
  #84
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacioretty set GO View Post
I was at my own game tonight so I wasn't able to watch the habs play. How was Pacioretty in his first regular season NHL game?
He scored a goal on his first shot Did you just wake up

googlymoogly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:42 PM
  #85
loudi94
Master of my Domain
 
loudi94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,395
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
The Good: Lang with 3 goals, VICTORY!

The Bad: Lang's rotund physique. An inspiration for fat ***** everywhere.

The Ugly: We have to kiss Toronto's ass tomorrow.

That 2nd by Lang was so beautiful and so fluid. Proving, speed ain't everything. TIMING is a lot more important than speed. He deked Staal of his jock RIGHT when Staal made a move. That's the beauty of experience.

Kovy is a captain. I dare say, he's THE captain here. Giving the puck to Lang on the empty netter, that's a captain. Pulling Plekanec away from a scrum so he wouldn't get a penalty, really going around telling the guys not to fall for it, that's a captain.

We are now 10 away from Boston, that's only 5 games behind, and they're due to lose.
Whaaaa???

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Phil?

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
  #86
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,951
vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
they don't travel in commercial flights, right? they rent a A320 from Air Canada?
Seems that way, it's their own charter...no one else uses it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Don't they leave and land from St-Hubert?Thought I saw that one time,may be wrong
Clearly not, that's clearly the Habs plane or one of their planes and it lands at Trudeau. Look at when they left the Newark airport on the 2nd after the Devils game, 10:30 pm...

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:43 PM
  #87
Turbo
Registered User
 
Turbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Greys section 325
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Hank definitely hasn't been the same since his hot start in the first 20 games of the season or so. Granted, the overall defensive play of the Rangers has been subpar since then for the most part, but at the same time its also obvious that Hank hasn't been playing as well as he has been. Historically speaking, the Rangers tend to crap the bed, for lack of better words, from December into early January in the majority of the post-lockout seasons.

Based on this, I think the decrease of Henrik's overall play is a testament of the team's play during this time of the season. I have faith that as the team starts to put everything together as they gear up for a playoff push, that Lundqvist will be right behind them and maybe even end up stealing the Vezina if Tim Thomas comes back down to earth.

As another poster mentioned, I am aware that you guys are without 5 or 6 of your key players, making beating the Rangers tonight even more impressive.
Just wanted to say that your team has some of the classiest and knowledgeable fans in the league... it stands out compared to others fanbases when you guys visit the Bell Center (usually in pretty hefty numbers too).


Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:44 PM
  #88
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Kovy is a captain. I dare say, he's THE captain here. Giving the puck to Lang on the empty netter, that's a captain.
Wasn't that Hamrlik who made the pass?

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:46 PM
  #89
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Positives
- Sergei had some of his best shifts this game. Huge improvement over the last several.
- Kovalev was a leader tonight. The leader? Nope, that is Saku Koivu period. However, his leadership is quite valued. Same to Robert Lang and Patrice Brisebois.
- Josh Gorges is still all about the small things and I love that.
- Oh Lang. Hat Trick? And I was worried that it looked like you got a haircut and might lose those powers.
- Chipchura is incredible. Can anyone knock the puck off of him? The only way teams can get the puck away from him is if he has a bad pass. Otherwise, its on his stick like ******* glue. If we ever needed to kill 5 minutes with a lead in the third, I'd just have Chipchura hold the puck against the boards. I bet five players couldn't get it off.
- Halak looks back in top form. I still want Price
- Healthy, this team could create five NHL worthy, successful lines that can either score or play top defensive hockey:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kovalev
Kostitsyn - Lang - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopolous
Begin - Chipchura - D'Agostini
Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Laraque


Incredible.

Negatives
- As for Sergei's brother, Andrei... I'm actually not as bothered about him covering the wrong man and costing us a goal, because that stuff happens and Lang/Muller likely talked to him. It's something the Habs coaching staff can take care of. Him twice taking his sweet time to make a line change infuriated me.
- Halak looked shaky a few times, but as I said earlier, he tightened up tonight.
- Brisebois needs a rest, but he still has a wicked shot.
- Bouillon has been messing up once a game. Guess we always need a guy to do that.
- I think we paid the referees off tonight. If a Rags fan says that, I'll have to agree And while I hate refereeing in the NHL and feel it needs to completely change, it would be nice to have a few games won by slanted refereeing in our favour, so peoples accusations would actually be true.
- I still greatly miss Koivu, Higgins and Price

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:48 PM
  #90
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Wasn't that Hamrlik who made the pass?
I think it was Kovy. Lang to Kovy to Lang.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:50 PM
  #91
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Ours!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 51,951
vCash: 597
NHL.com scoresheet has the EN goal as Lang from Hamrlik and Bouillon...

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
  #92
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
Just wanted to say that your team has some of the classiest and knowledgeable fans in the league... it stands out compared to others fanbases when you guys visit the Bell Center (usually in pretty hefty numbers too).

Agreed. I got a few Rags fan friends and they are good people. Despite having some real grit in their organization's history (Graves, Messier, Anderson, Esposito), they are not retarded about it like some other Original Six organizations (*cough Boston and Toronto cough*).

Hank let some bad ones in and Staal coughed up twice, but man, I absolutely covet Marc Staal. Know who else? Blair Betts. Great to watch. If only Sather never picked up Redden, you guys might be with Sundin and looking even scarier.

After losing Hollweg, you guys are a lot easier to stand as a team

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
  #93
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
So I offered the NYR Plekanec and a low 1st in 2010 for Scott gomez as a deadline deal and they all accept, is that fair?

Imagine the playoffs with Koivu, Gomez, Lang, Lapierre as our centers.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
  #94
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
NHL.com scoresheet has the EN goal as Lang from Hamrlik and Bouillon...
They are a bunch of liars! They obviously hate Kovalev.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:52 PM
  #95
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
NHL.com scoresheet has the EN goal as Lang from Hamrlik and Bouillon...
I remember seeing 44 making the pass, but then again, I've had over 2L of beer tonight!

GoodKiwi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
  #96
LastRide
Registered User
 
LastRide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
So I offered the NYR Plekanec and a low 1st in 2010 for Scott gomez as a deadline deal and they all accept, is that fair?

Imagine the playoffs with Koivu, Gomez, Lang, Lapierre as our centers.
Who's that, Jimmie J.J. Walker in your avatar. Kid Dynomite!..LOL

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:54 PM
  #97
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Lang is an all star.

When he's not named to the team tomorrow, let's go around *****ing (not making threads about it.. but posting in the other threads) about how he got screwed. THat would be fun.
Lets not and say we did!!!

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
  #98
HotHabsFan*
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bell Center Vagabond
Posts: 2,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Positives
- Sergei had some of his best shifts this game. Huge improvement over the last several.
- Kovalev was a leader tonight. The leader? Nope, that is Saku Koivu period. However, his leadership is quite valued. Same to Robert Lang and Patrice Brisebois.
- Josh Gorges is still all about the small things and I love that.
- Oh Lang. Hat Trick? And I was worried that it looked like you got a haircut and might lose those powers.
- Chipchura is incredible. Can anyone knock the puck off of him? The only way teams can get the puck away from him is if he has a bad pass. Otherwise, its on his stick like ******* glue. If we ever needed to kill 5 minutes with a lead in the third, I'd just have Chipchura hold the puck against the boards. I bet five players couldn't get it off.
- Halak looks back in top form. I still want Price
- Healthy, this team could create five NHL worthy, successful lines that can either score or play top defensive hockey:

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Kovalev
Kostitsyn - Lang - Kostitsyn
Latendresse - Lapierre - Kostopolous
Begin - Chipchura - D'Agostini
Higgins - Koivu - Tanguay
Laraque


Incredible.

Negatives
- As for Sergei's brother, Andrei... I'm actually not as bothered about him covering the wrong man and costing us a goal, because that stuff happens and Lang/Muller likely talked to him. It's something the Habs coaching staff can take care of. Him twice taking his sweet time to make a line change infuriated me.
- Halak looked shaky a few times, but as I said earlier, he tightened up tonight.
- Brisebois needs a rest, but he still has a wicked shot.
- Bouillon has been messing up once a game. Guess we always need a guy to do that.
- I think we paid the referees off tonight. If a Rags fan says that, I'll have to agree And while I hate refereeing in the NHL and feel it needs to completely change, it would be nice to have a few games won by slanted refereeing in our favour, so peoples accusations would actually be true.
- I still greatly miss Koivu, Higgins and Price
Benoit is that you ?

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 10:01 PM
  #99
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
Benoit is that you ?
I wish I knew what Benoit Brunet was saying, because I don't even understand french for the most part and those are my opinions.

I guess because I don't fawn over the Kostitsyn's and feel that if one is criticized the other will leave for Siberia (wtf?) that any judgment on them is wrong?

Sergei hasn't been very good the last few games, especially defensively. Andrei either works hard (which he is close to unstoppable when he does) or drags his feet (like he did twice on line changes, which I'm sorry, its unacceptable to float to the bench).

Andrei could have scored the hat trick and I still would have mentioned the line changes. Same if it was Saku Koivu. Or Guillaume Latendresse. Or Maxim Lapierre. Or Maurice Richard...

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2009, 10:01 PM
  #100
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
I remember seeing 44 making the pass, but then again, I've had over 2L of beer tonight!
I've probably only had half that amount of beer but I think I saw #44 make that pass as well.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.