HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FS Nashville

Old
01-08-2009, 08:43 PM
SlyGuy

vCash: 500
FS Nashville

God, the colour guy is bad on this station...

Do you guys ever get sick of these announcers talking to you like you're retarded?

SlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGuy View Post

Do you guys ever get sick of these announcers talking to you like you're retarded?
When I'm not watching the game at the arena and the game isn't on TV, I really enjoy listening to Tom Callahan

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Paincakes

Quote:

Yeah, but I really don't take them seriously so it doesn't bother me that much.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 09:52 PM
braindead

Yeah but he has a Stanley Cup ring as a player and a coach and you don't.

Crispy is just crispy. I can't believe you can put up with the "call Aunt Ethel and tell her to spank Sidney's monkey" type lines for more than 2 games.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:03 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
When I'm not watching the game at the arena and the game isn't on TV, I really enjoy listening to Tom Callahan
Well, when the game isn't on TV, Pete and Terry call the action. So you really don't enjoy listening to Callahan because he's not on. Callahan is AMAZING, though.

I have no problem with P&T's schtick. I just watch the game.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:

I like the PBP guy Pete Weber, but Crisp... that is another story.

I usually just mute the tv and listen to our radio guy - Tom Callahan. The guy is just incredible.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 01:09 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Yeah but he has a Stanley Cup ring as a player and a coach and you don't.

Crispy is just crispy. I can't believe you can put up with the "call Aunt Ethel and tell her to spank Sidney's monkey" type lines for more than 2 games.
Yeah when I had center ice I got sick of that really quickm it was amusing at first but then got ridiculous... "Dress Me Up and call me a sissy, ride your motorcycle! What a goal!..."

Anyway... Our guys are goofy..but Crispy has already forgotten more about hockey than the posters on this board will ever learn to begin with.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Jeph

I grew up as a fan of Crisp's Tampa Bay Lightning. it was a pleasant surprise when I found out he was going to be broadcasting for the Preds

I'm just grateful when we actually do get a broadcast on FS-TN.

Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:00 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Honestly, I grew up with the game, play, and coach the game. I really don't need anyone to tell me what is going on (although I do like educated opinions or breakdowns once and a while to give me a different perspective). Therefore, as snobbish as that sounds...I like Pete and Terry. Think they are a great duo because they feed off of each other and tell stories constantly. It's like listening to two friends carrying on a conversation loosely related to the action and cracking jokes constantly. They are not full of themselves, stuck up, or arrogant and personally I like it because it provides some life to the broadcast.

There are very few combos I don't like (Jenneret in Buffalo is like nails on the chalkboard to me, Rimer and Gare in Columbus are awful, Tripp Tracy doing color I can't stand on Hurricanes telecasts, and a couple others that don't come right to the tip of my tongue). Bottom line is that it is personal preference.

With that said though, Pete Weber is a much, much better TV PBP guy than radio. Listening to Pete on the radio previously doing a TV/Radio simulcast was awful if you weren't in front of a TV because you didn't know what was going on on the ice for minutes at a time. Tom Callahan has been a GREAT addition to the organization and I hope he stays here long term, but believe he has bigger and brighter things ahead in his future.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote