HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

When it comes to Trades the Leafs just Can't get it Right, Who Else has blown Trades?

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Red Horner*

vCash: 500
When it comes to Trades the Leafs just Can't get it Right, Who Else has blown Trades?

For the second year in a row they have been hoodwinked out of young talent and draft picks, Leetch is just another soft puck moving defenceman at this stage of his career and at 36 just adds another injury waiting to happen. Gonchar was a much better fit, he's big can move the puck and at 29 you could have signed him to a long term contract and he could have played for you for the next 6 years, while you restock your prospects and picks, at least your fan base could see what you made the trade for, Leetch well be back retired in NY and the Leaf fans will be watching their prospects and draft picks play for the Rangers. If the Leafs had gotten Gonchar or Witt from Washington that make sense. In reality the Leafs have added another Kaberle a guy who can move the puck if he has the time and space and a guy who can be punished on the forecheck, and will make bad decisions when pressured.

Last year they brought in damaged goods in Nolan and he was so banged up he provided nothing in the playoffs, and has has a dozen good games this year and another long stint on injured reserve, he looks like he's hurting most of the time and when he tries to play physical his body betrays him, it's not that Owen isn't trying to provide the Leafs with what they traded for but he just can't do it anymore on a consistant basis. Now Boyes has been called up to San Jose and the 21st pick that the Leafs gave up in a superior draft turns out to be Mark Stuart who is projected to be a very good NHL defenceman, he captained the USA junior championship team and was their best defenceman and play's with a real mean streak. As the year's go by this trade is going to be very lopsided. And who took Stuart with the 21st pick none other than the Bruins who were able to trade Morrison for Gonchar because in Stuart they have a guy who can replace Morrison.

I know Leaf fans are giddy about the Leetch trade but it will be a disaster, who else has made a Terrible Trade other than the Leafs so far leading up to Mar/9.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Spezza

Aren't you a Leafs fan?

Old
flamesfan01800

the flyers and oates come to my mind

Old
officeglen

The Senators gave up a fair bit last season and this in the form of prospects. Not that they were wrong to do this. For example, Tim Gleason, who they were having trouble getting signed, has played well for the Kings this year.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza
Aren't you a Leafs fan?
He pretends to be. But everyone one of his posts is stuff like this ^.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:57 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Fine, trade Leetch back to us and we'll give you back your first round pick and even throw in Tom Poti (he's younger than Gonchar!)

03-07-2004, 12:57 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Horner
For the second year in a row they have been hoodwinked out of young talent and draft picks, Leetch is just another soft puck moving defenceman at this stage of his career and at 36 just adds another injury waiting to happen. Gonchar was a much better fit, he's big can move the puck and at 29 you could have signed him to a long term contract and he could have played for you for the next 6 years, while you restock your prospects and picks, at least your fan base could see what you made the trade for, Leetch well be back retired in NY and the Leaf fans will be watching their prospects and draft picks play for the Rangers. If the Leafs had gotten Gonchar or Witt from Washington that make sense. In reality the Leafs have added another Kaberle a guy who can move the puck if he has the time and space and a guy who can be punished on the forecheck, and will make bad decisions when pressured.

Last year they brought in damaged goods in Nolan and he was so banged up he provided nothing in the playoffs, and has has a dozen good games this year and another long stint on injured reserve, he looks like he's hurting most of the time and when he tries to play physical his body betrays him, it's not that Owen isn't trying to provide the Leafs with what they traded for but he just can't do it anymore on a consistant basis. Now Boyes has been called up to San Jose and the 21st pick that the Leafs gave up in a superior draft turns out to be Mark Stuart who is projected to be a very good NHL defenceman, he captained the USA junior championship team and was their best defenceman and play's with a real mean streak. As the year's go by this trade is going to be very lopsided. And who took Stuart with the 21st pick none other than the Bruins who were able to trade Morrison for Gonchar because in Stuart they have a guy who can replace Morrison.

I know Leaf fans are giddy about the Leetch trade but it will be a disaster, who else has made a Terrible Trade other than the Leafs so far leading up to Mar/9.

why cause the leafs had a bad game? when the season and the leafs are done in the playoffs come back with this stupid post!!

Old
03-07-2004, 01:07 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

I agree that Brian Leetch will DEFINITELY play his last game in the NHL as a Ranger.

Old
03-07-2004, 01:11 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Fine, trade Leetch back to us and we'll give you back your first round pick and even throw in Tom Poti (he's younger than Gonchar!)
Man you must hate Poti

Old
03-07-2004, 01:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
Man you must hate Poti
Yeeeeees.

Old
03-07-2004, 01:22 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Yeeeeees.

i'd trade softi poti for a bag of pucks at this point! like i said in an earlier post, he should have been the first to go!!

Old
03-07-2004, 01:24 PM
Red Horner*

Maybe the Leafs made the second worst trade also, when they let Jackman go for Berehowsky, Rick is tearing it up in Pittsburgh and scoring at a point a game pace and Berehowsky is sitting in the press box.

Old
03-07-2004, 01:25 PM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:

1) You have to give up something to get something. The fact the Leafs were able to get Leetch without giving up any of their TOP prospects is impressive. Kondratiev and Immonen might never have played for the Leafs as neither were incredibly enticed with the idea of playing in North America

2) Yes, Id rather not give up draft picks but all this specualtive stuff on who we could have if we hadnt traded Nolan is foolish. Its in the past and there is no use dwelling on it now. This is a stronger team this year for having Owen Nolan on it. He will make a larger impact on a Stanley Cup run then whoever the Leafs could have drafted will this year.

3) Who else has made bad trades? Well hindsight is 20/20. The Leetch trade has not been bad. 4 points in 2 games sounds good to me.

Old
03-07-2004, 01:27 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Defender
He's right on with his points in the post.

Old
03-07-2004, 01:59 PM
dunner97

everybody makes bad trades ...the have as much chance to win the east as anyone even if they dont make another deal.the reality is ....and it scares the 6 highest seeds in the east..at least two are going out in the first round .....maybe veteran leadership will prevail...

Old
03-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
I've deleted the posts making personal attacks. It's not going to be tolerated here. If you disagree with someones opinion you can either debate the opinion or ignore it. You may not attack someone for expressing an opinion simply because you do not like it.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Red Horner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza
Aren't you a Leafs fan?
Yes I am and a very distraught one at that, I'm so tired of watching players who are years past their prime, these guy's can't even get by a pre-game skate without pulling a groin. It's depressing to be a laughing stock for 37 years, I can't lie to myself any longer like the other Leaf fans do, I've seen too many atrocities over the years. How many non- Leafs fans think the Leafs can go more than one round if they finish lower than fourth, be honest if you think I'm wrong no problem, but I'm quite serious that I am totaly depressed with the trading of young players and draft picks for another Injured Reserve in the waiting Rental. As I said if there is no hockey next year Leetch will return to the Rangers and we will be left with nothing to show for it again.

There are times I would like to support the Sens I love how they were built through the draft, their young and fast and will get better but I've been a Leaf fan for over 50 years, so I have a lot of time invested in them, I thought Ferguson would look after the future but he's short sighted like the rest of the idiots who have run the Leafs. Should have known if you look at St.Louis they have traded all their young players and draft picks, have a big payroll and are fighting to get in the playoffs.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Red Horner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo2003
1) You have to give up something to get something. The fact the Leafs were able to get Leetch without giving up any of their TOP prospects is impressive. Kondratiev and Immonen might never have played for the Leafs as neither were incredibly enticed with the idea of playing in North America

2) Yes, Id rather not give up draft picks but all this specualtive stuff on who we could have if we hadnt traded Nolan is foolish. Its in the past and there is no use dwelling on it now. This is a stronger team this year for having Owen Nolan on it. He will make a larger impact on a Stanley Cup run then whoever the Leafs could have drafted will this year.

3) Who else has made bad trades? Well hindsight is 20/20. The Leetch trade has not been bad. 4 points in 2 games sounds good to me.
Nolan won't do anything playing with Reichel, can't believe you give up so much for Nolan and you play him with Robert Reichel, the Lord and Pat Quinn work in mysterious ways.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:23 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
the wing trades a few years ago for clark, ranford, and samuelson were horrible... just horrible

Old
03-07-2004, 03:24 PM
Takeo

Quote:
Stuff like what? Honest, objective analysis? Not everyone is a homer.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Killer 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
Stuff like what? Honest, objective analysis? Not everyone has to be a homer.
Read his posts in the Leaf forum once in a while. He is just there to piss us off, no way is he a Leaf Fan.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Superfluous U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
Man you must hate Poti
Everybody hates Poti. I still can't believe the Rangers traded York for him.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:37 PM
Red Horner*

Quote:
Read his posts in the Leaf forum once in a while. He is just there to piss us off, no way is he a Leaf Fan.
Young man you are wrong I've been a Leaf Season Ticket holder for almost 30 years and am seriously thinking of giving them up. The trouble with the Leafs just like the Raptors is that the guys at the top at MLS&E have no clue, they have no feel for what it takes to be successful in Sports.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:38 PM
musdy

maybe he will end up like glen wesley and sign back with new york once his contract expires

Old
03-07-2004, 03:49 PM
albathegreat*

Quote:
Maybe the Leafs made the second worst trade also, when they let Jackman go for Berehowsky, Rick is tearing it up in Pittsburgh and scoring at a point a game pace and Berehowsky is sitting in the press box.
Jackman would be sitting up in the press box to smart one.

Closed Thread