HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern reserves named

Old
01-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

vCash: 500
lol @ all this bickering. It's a fan vote. I expected fail and got nothing less.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 01:57 AM
SomE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Why would they pick Henrik Lundqvist?? He's had a subpar year so far and is least deserving out of the 3 goalies...

I love Henrik Lundqvist, but are they going on past performances or what??
Put Price in net for the Rangers and he would cry himself to sleep every night.

Lundqvist is by far the most deserving of the goalies. He has been great

SomE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:31 AM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
The leader in Blocked Shots at the moment we speak is Zbynek Michalek with 139 BS in 41 games. Mike Komisarek has 78 BS in 23 games. He would have 156 BS in 46 games (give or take 5-10%). With a difference of 5 games, that would still put him near if not at the top. Close behind would be Brett Clark with 125 BS.

Milan Lucic is leading the league in hits as we speak, at 154 hits in 40 games. Komisarek is currently 44th with 79 hits, so going by that logic we'd assume he would have 158 hits in 46 games, give or take 10%. This would put him somewhere in the top 3 with Orpik and Lucic.

Since this is all speculation and I'm not an expert at predicting and calculating probabilities, I just assume that this is near reality if we take in all variables.

Too bad the All-star game is about goals and goaltending...not hits and shot-blocking. It's an unwritten rule not to throw big hits at the all-star game. Nobody wants to get hurt there.

MugatuNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:44 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I'd prefer Kovalev wasn't there, but it might make the shootout competition less pitiful compared to last year.

Komisarek is a hard working guy, who's quite nice off the ice. He's stated in pretty much every interview where's he's been asked that he shouldn't be there. He knows it.

Can't anyone just be like "well, it's pretty much like a shinny game anyways, let's just let a hard working, blue nosed guy go to this game and let him have some fun?" Maybe he'll make a rush, or something.

Phil Kessel will be in it next year more than likely and probably the year after that.

Hell, Tim Thomas was there last year and he shouldn't have been. He had a great time by the looks of it, got beat on some sweet dekes and made some sweet moves.

If next year, Montreal fans go out and vote another 3, or 4 players year, then by all means be mad.

Analyzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Dator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Why would they pick Henrik Lundqvist?? He's had a subpar year so far and is least deserving out of the 3 goalies...

I love Henrik Lundqvist, but are they going on past performances or what??
Im gonna guess its the same reason Giguere was picked

Dator is offline   Reply With Quote