HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern reserves named

Old
01-08-2009, 11:21 AM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
If they have to include that stupid fan balloting and the "at least one player per team" rule, why don't they roll five lines and four defense pairs?

In such a case, this is what I'd pick in addition to the ones announced:
Kessel - Richards - Elias
Timonen - Green

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
nah this is definitely not the first year of fan voting

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:22 AM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Clearly, the Habs votes are responsible for not seeing 6 to 8 guys that deserved it more. But then, most people can agree that Price and Markov deserve it so who's left....Kovalev and Komisarek. So if Komi is not in, Green is. And if Kovalev is not in, Elias is or Kessel....

Do people realize that despite this, there STILL would be injustice since at least 4 or 5 guys that deserve it would still not make it EVEN if the Habs would not have been voted in?

Can people realize how the 1 player by team IS ALSO a problem here?

Thing is, the 2 hated guys here are Kovy and Komi. Chances are Kovy will give the best show of the guys there. And as much as I don't want to see it, if Komi does not have a contract signed with us, CLEARLY he'll suddenly become an All-Star for all the teams in the league...

Mr. 3 points will SUDDENLY becomes soooooo important all of a sudden.....

Strange that most sane people recognize how important he is in a team (well they will if he becomes UFA) but then he's not worthy to be in an All-Star game.
At the very least, it's the demonstration that defensive defenceman could be recognize as well and if they don't have their trophy, at least they're being talked about.
I agree with everything you wrote. Talent wise, Kovy is a top-5 player in the world. He has some of the best talent I have ever seen. I just wish him (and Jagr for that mater) played up to their level most nights. He will put on a show, that's for sure.

The bolded part is the silver lining for Boston fans.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Y'know why the league picked Tim Thomas over Manny Fernandez?

Cause they're racist.

Felonious Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Humphrey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
If they have to include that stupid fan balloting and the "at least one player per team" rule, why don't they roll five lines and four defense pairs?

In such a case, this is what I'd pick in addition to the ones announced:
Kessel - Richards - Elias
Timonen - Green
not enough room on the bench

Humphrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Absolutely Wrong!

Several of the players you voted in would not be in the all star game at all if not voted in. That has a ton to do with "Being an All star".

And the big issue here, and I'll use small words, is that when a player is put in because of fans cheating he takes up the spot that a better (that means more good) player should have had.

A fan vote done using computer scripts is hardly valid in my mind. Montreal Fans cheated. There's a ton of evidence, including a screenshot floating around of a post on the official Habs board with instructions on how to set up a script in firefox. It's in one of the all star threads here, if somebody knows where it is and wants to post it.
Markov would be in and maybe Price. Kovalev and Komisarek are the ones that would not have been even invited. So to make things more spectacular, most people are coming with a list of 6 to 8 players that didn't make it CAUSE THE HABS WERE PICKED. While Green should have taken the Komisarek pick, and maybe Elias or Kessel should have gone instead of Kovalev, do you realize that all the others would not have been in 'cause of the 1 player per team rule?

As far as fans cheating are concerned, votes were taken off, and while scripts were used by other fanbases as well, only the Habs votes were reduced. But then cheats or not cheat, Markov and Price would have been in anyway. So again it comes down to the other 2 I was talking about. Sure cheating is wrong....I mean nobody here never cheated in anything, we're all little saints, but then in the end, we are discussing about 2 guys that should not be there. 2 that suddenly are the reasons why 6 to 8 guys are not going....While the 1 player by team rule is not discussed how much.....So how's that rule fits in your "Being an All-Star". Seems to me that more players would not have been in if that rule would not exist compared to if the bad Habs fans would not have cheated... What do you think about the West voting? Do Habs fans cheated there as well?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Humphrey*

dear god the complaining about 4 Habs being there has seriously run its course. and i'm not a Habs fan.

Humphrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:26 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Thomas and Lundqvist made it in? Did Halak and Denis deny there selection?
Who cares, its just an exhibition anyway, players who are deserving seem to always get the short end.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Montsy14

I think the East is going to own the West this year. The East has more individual talent and skill. West defense and goal tending is better though.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:28 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
There will certainly be more people snubbed for the honor this year than in the past for the East due to the ballot stuffing in Montreal.
Oh, please, get over it. We're talking two players here as Markov and Price would be in regardless. Guys get snubbed every year anyway (last year Kovalev was one of them ironically enough).

They need to make the ASG rosters bigger.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:29 AM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Both Spezza and Alfie deserve this "honor" more than Heatley does this year.

The guy has actually moved his feet more than 2 strides at a time maybe two games this season.

Spezza especially, who is the only player on the Sens that actually knows how to score right now.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Tuggy

So Kovalev being on the team keeps Kessel, Elias, Richards, Backstrom etc (all of them off the team)...interesting.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:31 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
the funny thing is, if it were another team that had 4 representatives elected through stuffed ballots Habs fans would be *****ing just as much as everyone else
...and nobody would be whining nearly this much, I guarantee you that.

If Pittsburgh had managed to get Gonchar, Whitney and Fleury in I bet there would be considerably less whining.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
no, there really wouldnt. i could care LESS what team it was. i dont give a rats behind about the Habs to be honest

i absolutely despise when they use the "us vs. the world" mentality. get off it already

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

If Pittsburgh had managed to get Gonchar, Whitney and Fleury in I bet there would be considerably less whining.
Remember all the *****ing people did when the Ducks and Blackhawks voted in 3 of their players? Oh wait...

Old
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post

Too bad Gonchar and Whitney wouldn't be eligible to play.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Davis3*

The worst thing is no Semin...his PPG is 2nd best in the NHL.

No Backstrom is a joke...

No Elias is a joke..

No Kessel is a joke..

No Zheredev is a joke..

No Richards is a joke..

Komi being in is a joke..
Kovalev bein in is a joke..
Kovalchuk hasnt done much this year..

Timonen isnt an all-star this year til just lately.

Davis3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:35 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Remember all the *****ing people did when the Ducks and Blackhawks voted in 3 of their players? Oh wait...
But those players were Toews, Kane, Getzlaf and Neids, a little different than Komisarek and Markov.
I dont personally give a ****, but thats the reason why people are not complaining.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello and welcome to the NHL All-Star fan ballot:

Vote for the players you WANT to see!

Thank you very much, have a nice day.

Jack Bourdain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:36 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And I cannot take you anymore...

THE STARTERS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING AN ALL-STAR BUT IT'S ALL ABOUT WINNING A FAN VOTE. IT'S ALL ABOUT VOTING FOR YOUR FAVORITE PLAYERS! Get that? Favorite players....does that mean they have to be the greatest? THE ONES WHO REALLY DESERVE TO BE AN ALL STAR ARE THE ONES CHOSEN BY THE COACHES AND CLEARLY 'CAUSE OF THAT 1 REP. PER TEAM, THEY EVEN CAN'T DO IT!!!!!

Lilke I said before, if you want the best players, take the first 40 players in the stats and make 2 teams.
i was gonna lay low on this bc, well my team is not so great and i cant rip on montreal too much bc i love the city...but, the starters of an all-star game have everything to do with being an allstar. you shouldnt be able to vote in any scrub just bc you feel like it(not calling komi or kovy scrubs) i dont really care who makes it but just reading this post got me to reply. by your logic, isles can vote in jeff tambellini and the leafs(fans obviously) can vote in a bum like hollweg. wrong.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
But those players were Toews, Kane, Getzlaf and Neids, a little different than Komisarek and Markov.
I dont personally give a ****, but thats the reason why people are not complaining.
Markov is second in scoring by defenseman in the Eastern Conference and one of the best. There is nothing wrong with him being there.

And you obviously do give a **** otherwise you and others wouldn't be complaining about it.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:37 AM
chaosof99*

Maybe Ovechkin will hit Carter this time now that they are on the same team

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Hello and welcome to the NHL All-Star fan ballot:

Vote for the players you WANT to see!

Thank you very much, have a nice day.

than it shouldnt be called the ALL STAR game. it should be called the "popularity contest golden globe awards"

again, this isnt saying its habs fans faults

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Whites Eye View Post
no, there really wouldnt. i could care LESS what team it was. i dont give a rats behind about the Habs to be honest
There would be, although it may not come from you. Everyone knows the Habs and their fans are the most annoying in the league, after all.

As for the selection, it's a good spread, better than the West's. There are deserving players missing (Elias, Semin, Green, etc.) but there are going to be such things every time, and everyone who was named to the team is a deserving selection, if you're mindful of the one-per-team criteria.

Old
01-08-2009, 11:38 AM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Markov is second in scoring by defenseman in the Eastern Conference and one of the best. There is nothing wrong with him being there.

And you obviously do give a **** otherwise you and others wouldn't be complaining about it.
I am complaining?
Not really, sorry for joining in on the discussion.
I am happy that one of the two deserving Devils got in, some teams were not as lucky.