HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern reserves named

Old
01-08-2009, 01:04 PM
DevFan-RU-

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Why can't we all just blame Montreal and Pittsburgh and just get along?

Just another ****-up ASG that will not teach the NHL the lesson of having ballots. Do it on MERIT alone!

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:05 PM
IrishSniper87

Even as a Flyers fan, I can blatantly see 1 thing, the Habs stuffed the box and un-deserving players are NHL All-Stars.

Komisarek playing is a joke. Komisarek starting is a disgrace.
Kovalev playing is ok at best. Kovalev starting is a joke. Kovalec over ALEX OVECHKIN??? WHAT????

This is laughable. ONLY habs fans are defending this travesty by saying something about how everyone else should have voted more. Whatever, it's in Montreal, thats the only reason you guys stuffed the box anyway. What a joke.

Players who deserve all-star recognition, and could easily make the team if more spots were available
Elias
Richards
Kessel
Gagne
Timonen
Green
Little
Kozlov
Semin

Players who made it BUT did it on name recognition or fan voting over performance this year, still not horrible picks by any means(other then Komisarek) but statwise, everyone here was not a top 12 forward or top 6 defenseman
Komisaric
Kovalev
Vinny LeCav
Jay Bouwmeester
Ilya Kovalchuk

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Humphrey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
I'm pretty sure if Komisarek didn't miss a month of action due to injury, he would still be up there.
lol. you fail.

Humphrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
El Maestro

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if Komisarek didn't miss a month of action due to injury, he would still be up there.
If Gaborik wouldn't have been injured he could have been in the ASG too, is this a reason to vote for him? I don't think so.

El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Roccoman

the snubbed players just get that much more time to rest.

fan voting = fail. Rory Fitzpatrick anyone?

Roccoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:07 PM
canuckulous

Dennis Wideman deserved to go over Chara.

canuckulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:08 PM
OMGaudreau

No Patrice Brisebois - WHAT?!?!? He better be the first call-up for any injury that occurs!

OMGaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:09 PM
SumOil

this is such a a joke why no mike green? nhl gotto limit number of players per team 4 from mtl and 3 each from chicago and anahiem has seriously hampered other players' participation...and luongo in the west??? seriously? the guy isnt even healthy

SumOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:10 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Yeah, since 20pts in 98 games between the past 2 seasons just screams All-Star when a guy like Timonen, who is great defensively, has 25 pts in the last 39 games.

Yep, Komi def deserves it.

AND I LOVE how you say he would still be up there if he wasnt injured. Well he was, and the **** still got voted in by dumb Habs fans.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
goldglove

How about 1 player/team and 2 for the top 3 seats. goalie doesn't count.

Eastern Conference

BOS: Savard
BOS: Chara
WAS: Ovechkin
WAS: Green
PHI: Carter
PHI: Gagne
MTL: Markov
NYR: Zherdev
NJD: Parise
CAR: Staal
BUF: Vanek
PIT: Malkin
FLA: Bouwmeester
TOR: Kaberle
OTT: Heatley
TB: Lecavalier
ATL: Kovalchuk
NYI: Streit

Goalie:
BOS: Tim Thomas
MTL: Carey Price
BOS: Manny Fernandez

Ovechkin - Malkin - Heatley
Gagne - Savard - Vanek
Parise - Lecavalier - Kovalchuk
Staal - Carter - Zherdev

Chara - Green
Markov - Kaberle
Streit - Bouwmeester

Thomas
Fernandez
Price

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Even as a Flyers fan, I can blatantly see 1 thing, the Habs stuffed the box and un-deserving players are NHL All-Stars.

Kovalev playing is ok at best. Kovalev starting is a joke. Kovalec over ALEX OVECHKIN??? WHAT????

This is laughable. ONLY habs fans are defending this travesty by saying something about how everyone else should have voted more. Whatever, it's in Montreal, thats the only reason you guys stuffed the box anyway. What a joke.

Players who deserve all-star recognition, and could easily make the team if more spots were available
Elias
Richards
Kessel
Gagne
Timonen
Green
Little
Kozlov
Semin

Players who made it BUT did it on name recognition or fan voting over performance this year, still not horrible picks by any means(other then Komisarek) but statwise, everyone here was not a top 12 forward or top 6 defenseman
Komisaric
Kovalev
Vinny LeCav
Jay Bouwmeester
Ilya Kovalchuk
I agree with this completely. Komisarek didn't deserve to be on the team. And as a starter?!?!
Kovalev I could see being on the team based solely on reputation. As a starter that's a poor choice.

Way to ruin it Montreal fans. Or at least some of you. Just wait, and look at the door unlocked.

I'm writing a script so that all of the Islanders start next year. You hear me? Jeff Tambelini will be starting in the all-star game next year. Just cause I'm creating the capacity for him to get ridiculous votes, and I like his last name.

We're gonna put Colin White out there too... cause of the citizens' with disabilities act.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:

It was a fan-voting.

It was a: who would you like to see as a starter?

not a: who do you think is the best player?

ASG's in Montréal this year, therefore Habs fans wanted to see their players in... and we did it. Why? Because we voted.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eph1413*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrWhat View Post
Dennis Wideman deserved to go over Chara.
I see what you're saying but Chara faces each team's top players every night while Wideman faces each team's 2nd line. If they were both still on the same pairing with the numbers they have, then Wideman should've gone.

eph1413* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by natediggity View Post
lol. you fail.
Fail for what, because I made a correct assumption?

Quote:
Yeah, since 20pts in 98 games between the past 2 seasons just screams All-Star when a guy like Timonen, who is great defensively, has 25 pts in the last 39 games.

Yep, Komi def deserves it.

AND I LOVE how you say he would still be up there if he wasnt injured. Well he was, and the **** still got voted in by dumb Habs fans.
I was stating a point that if Komisarek wasn't injured, he would probably lead the league in hits and blocked shots and you turn this around and talk about Timmonen and points? Are you bipolar or am I missing something?

Habs fan can vote for ever they ****ing want to vote for, quit *****ing like a hoe. If there was someone in particular you wanted to see, you vote for him and hope others do the same. All you got to blame is yourself so quit posting here unless it's coherent.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:15 PM
SumOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by britdevil View Post
Malkin - Crosby - Kovalev
Ovechkin - Savard - Parise
Kovalchuk - Carter - Heatley
Vanek - Lecavalier - Staal

Markov - Komisarek
Chara - Kaberle
Bouwmeester - Streit

Price
Thomas
Lundqvist

Solid line-up, I think Julien will shuffle the lines anyway.
there will be a lot of shots from the third line

SumOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Should be Zherdev and Ward, not Staal and Lundqvist.
Circle gets the square.

Staal hasn't been all star worthy this year (and I say this as a Canes fan) and Ward has been better then Lundqvist, especially over the last month here.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
I agree with this completely. Komisarek didn't deserve to be on the team. And as a starter?!?!
Kovalev I could see being on the team based solely on reputation. As a starter that's a poor choice.

Way to ruin it Montreal fans. Or at least some of you. Just wait, and look at the door unlocked.

I'm writing a script so that all of the Islanders start next year. You hear me? Jeff Tambelini will be starting in the all-star game next year. Just cause I'm creating the capacity for him to get ridiculous votes, and I like his last name.

We're gonna put Colin White out there too... cause of the citizens' with disabilities act.
And this last part of your post is supposed to make me boil with rage or something? What part of VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT don't you understand? We "Montreal fans" could care less about who you stuff the ballot for.

I hear you, but I won't be there waiting to see if all you do is talk****.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:22 PM
El Maestro

Quote:
And this last part of your post is supposed to make me boil with rage or something? What part of VOTE FOR WHO YOU WANT don't you understand? We "Montreal fans" could care less about who you stuff the ballot for.

Keep cool man, this is not a war.

El Maestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:22 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:

Go for it.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:24 PM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
Quote:

Bottom line is that a group of people voted for players who were not All-Stars in any sense.

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Real shame for the kid Kessel. He deserves a spot.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Humphrey*

Quote:
Fail for what, because I made a correct assumption?
how do you know this is a correct assumption? i'm curious. if you can prove it i'll admit i'm wrong.

Humphrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Great. So Tambellini is taken care of. I'll take Bergenheim, Hunter and Gervais. I might not have time for others though so I really hope somebody could give Sutton and Bailey a little help.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dawkins121

The whole all star game system is designed to get the attention of fans.

First the fan voting is supposed to generate fan interest by letting fans impact the game. Unfortunately some teams fans seem to stuff the ballot boxes which just further alienates the fans of other teams. If a casual fan sees that one of their favorite players is 500,000 votes behind Kovalev, they just aren't going to care enough to vote and will care less about the game itself as well.

Then the "one representative from every team" thing is supposed to draw in fans of every team to cheer on their "best" player. I understand the mindset of the NHL in doing this, but come on it just doesn't work that way. There's no way there are a significant amount of fans out there that are thinking "well I wasn't going to watch the game but now that Jay Bouwmeister is going how can I resist?".

These two concepts are frequently ripped in the baseball all star game where there are like 35 players on each side and usually only 2 or 3 notable snubs. When you apply it to hockey and 10-12 guys that are clearly all star worthy are being kept out for the sake of "fan interest" then it is actually having a negative effect. If you want to increase fan interest, then keep the game from being the joke that it is now. If the 21 best players from each conference are actually there, then THAT would increase fan interest. The only publicity the current system brings in is the negative kind.

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2009, 01:26 PM
chromemaro

wow carter made it, awesome

chromemaro is offline   Reply With Quote