HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Current Status of Injured Canucks Players

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2009, 05:00 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Hodgson View Post
It is going to be extremely tough for Rypien to step into the lineup at this point in the season. Hansen only missed about a month or so and look how terribly rusty he looked! But man, if Rypien is able to regain the kind of form he had at the beginning of the season we won't have to see Hordichuk anymore.
I'd say he's used to it by now. Seriously, has he played an NHL game to date where he hasn't been returning from injury?

Old
03-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I'd say he's used to it by now. Seriously, has he played an NHL game to date where he hasn't been returning from injury?
Good point. He wouldn't have faced these issues during the games he played at the beginning of this year, but I get what you are saying.

Old
03-31-2009, 06:41 PM
Flinch*

Great to hear about Rypien. Let's hope whatever issues he had are behind him and that he's 100% focused on hockey and 100% healthy.

I think we're going to notice him, either in a good or bad way, tonight.

Old
04-03-2009, 10:21 AM
LongRoad

Just a heads up, I'd expect we won't be seeing Taylor Pyatt for a little while. A family situation has come up that'll cause him to miss a few games at least.

Old
04-03-2009, 11:18 AM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basso View Post
Hope all is well in the end in the Pyatt family. This will provide a opportunity for Hansen or Raymond now. Maybe Pyatt has been distracted for a bit of time now, but it's going to be a break for one of our youngsters to step in.
Ditto, hope all is well for Pyatt.

~Canucklehead~

Old
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Basso

Hope all is well in the end in the Pyatt family. This will provide a opportunity for Hansen or Raymond now. Maybe Pyatt has been distracted for a bit of time now, but it's going to be a break for one of our youngsters to step in.

Old
04-03-2009, 01:04 PM
ChemicalHansen

Send a message via Skype™ to ChemicalHansen
I'm already thinking about Pyatt's celebration in dedication to his Fiance (ala Burrows).

Maybe he'll widen his dreamy (NOT IMO) eyes?

Just some humour...I already expressed my sadness.

Old
04-17-2009, 08:45 PM
CanucksOo

Not really injury related, but Pyatt could be returning to the lineup soon:

Quote:
Canucks forward Taylor Pyatt who is on a personal leave of absence may return to the team in the near future. The winger is currently at home in Ontario with his family.

“I have spoken to Taylor a couple times and I do think [his return] is coming here, the next little while,” said head coach Alain Vigneault. “I’m not exactly sure of the time frame there, but he should be coming back soon.”

Asked by reporters if Pyatt would join the team in St. Louis for Games #3 and #4, Vigneault responded that they haven’t gotten as far as scheduling a date for his return.

“I haven’t talked to him about where he is physically," said Vigneault. “[He’s] doing as good as you could be doing in tough circumstances like this.”
http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?ser...LPage&id=18196

Old
04-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Thricecube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherlockHouse View Post
Maybe he'll widen his dreamy (NOT IMO) eyes?
Don't lie... there's not a human on the planet who can resist those baby blues.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:08 AM
YogiCanucks

Need info soon!

Old
04-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Need info soon!
Here's the latest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouver Sun

Salo and Sundin sat out the series-clinching 3-2 win against the St. Louis Blues due to lower-body injuries, but now will have more than a week to rest and recover. Both expect to be in the Canuck lineup when Vancouver opens the National Hockey League playoffs’ second round — likely next Friday.

Salo:

“I’ll be ready even sooner than that,” Salo said. “We’ll just go day to day and see how it feels. [The injury] got fairly bad last game. We decided it was better to save it and miss a game, rather than risk prolonging the injury by playing.”

Sundin:

Sundin sat out his second straight game, but was well enough to skate with teammates Tuesday morning. He was a game-time scratch.

“It was better today, definitely better,” Sundin said in the morning.

He fell awkwardly near the end of Friday’s game in Vancouver, appearing to hurt his hip or groin.

Signed to one-year, $8.6-million-US contract in December to add scoring depth and experience for the playoffs, the 38-year-old told The Vancouver Sun soon after he arrived that stories over the last two years that he has a chronic hip injury were untrue.

“My hip is fine,” he said.

Pyatt:

PYATT BACK SOON: Winger Taylor Pyatt, on bereavement leave since fiancee Carly Bragnalo was killed in a car accident on April 2, is expected back among teammates soon, although no date has been set.

The organization has been in regular contact with Pyatt and is supporting whatever decision he makes regarding this season. Pyatt won’t be in physical condition to play upon his return to work and may require many days of skating and training.
So it looks like Sundin and Salo should be back in time for game 1 in round 2. Pyatt should be back as soon as he's ready to go. Perhaps game 1 or game 2.

And finally it looks like we'll start round 2 maybe next Friday.

Old
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Anything on Mitchell? He was labouring out there yesterday.

Old
04-24-2009, 02:35 PM
pitseleh

Pyatt and Sundin practiced today, Salo and Mitchell sat out.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Sports/G...963/story.html

Old
04-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Pyatt and Sundin practiced today, Salo and Mitchell sat out.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Sports/G...963/story.html
According to team 1040 Mitchell said he'll be back at practice tomorrow and that's nothing but just body soreness at this point, AV said that Pyatt is day to day and basically it's a conditioning thing at this point and he said that Salo will likely be back on Monday.

Old
04-24-2009, 07:21 PM
Bean in Charge

Also according to Team 1040 (recapping what I heard from my day at work... some of it was already mentioned above I believe)

-Pyatt: skated by himself before most of the players came out, then led the stretches in warm up. After, he went to the weight room to work out with salo and mitchell. Is considered "day to day"

-Mitchell: took the day off to heal "general body soreness". No question about him playing or not in the next seroius... he'll be completely fine.

-Luongo: No problems, is completely fine. Blamed dehydration and cramping.

-Sundin: Sounds like he's taken a step back. Yesterday he was interviewed and said that it wasn't a "nagging" injury and would be something that will be completely fine by the time the next serious starts. However, today Sundin said he's playing it day by day and isn't a sure thing for the first game of the next serious. It sure didnt sound very good.

-Salo: No word on him at all.

Old
04-24-2009, 08:18 PM
Cocomero*

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/S...988/story.html

Quote:
Not so fast, though. Asked whether he would be ready for Round 2, which is likely another week away, Sundin replied: "I don't know at this point. I mean, we're going day-by-day here and hopefully I can keep skating and working the way we did today and we'll make a decision as we go on here."

The injury itself is a mystery, too, with speculation settling on either the hip or groin. Sundin wouldn't, or couldn't, elaborate.

"I can't talk about that," he said. "It feels a lot better. It will be a process. It was nice being out there skating, for sure. It's important for me to keep skating and not stay off the ice for too many days. I obviously welcome the fact we don't have any games right now, and hopefully I'll keep moving in the right direction."
Screw you Mats, you never got injured for he Leafs.

Old
04-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Agent007

I wouldn't worry too much about Mats. It's still far to early to know how he'll feel next week so don't worry too much about what he's saying right now.

Old
04-24-2009, 08:34 PM
pitseleh

The fact that he was 'flying around the ice' is certainly promising.

Old
04-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
Sundin: what kind of injury would allow him to practice normally today but question his return for round 2 a week later? strange.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:19 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
The fact that he was 'flying around the ice' is certainly promising.
Maybe he was riding the orca blimp.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:34 PM
CrackerJibbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Sundin: what kind of injury would allow him to practice normally today but question his return for round 2 a week later? strange.
I could just be gamesmanship on the Canucks' part, not wanting to let their prospective opponents know if Sundin will be ready or not. I hope that's what it is.

Old
04-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Bobby Lou
We Surrender

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFH View Post
I could just be gamesmanship on the Canucks' part, not wanting to let their prospective opponents know if Sundin will be ready or not. I hope that's what it is.
I can't really imagine any other explanation for participating in full practices, and then claiming you might not be ready for a playoff game in a week. If it was anything serious I highly doubt he'd be on the ice for practice.

Old
04-25-2009, 01:06 PM
ChemicalHansen

Send a message via Skype™ to ChemicalHansen
Quote:
Originally Posted by LB 28 View Post
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/S...988/story.html

Screw you Mats, you never got injured for he Leafs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
I can't really imagine any other explanation for participating in full practices, and then claiming you might not be ready for a playoff game in a week. If it was anything serious I highly doubt he'd be on the ice for practice.
Exactly.

The only truth in Sundin's statement is the fact that he has to remain skating to regain the strength of his injured muscle/w.e.

Old
04-25-2009, 04:14 PM
AgentNaslund*

Mats Sundin, Mitchell, Salo, or whoever, the Vancouver Canucks are using the mind game tactics now. Its basically to keep us guessing, wether they will be back for next round. Mats Sundin is probably 100% the same with MItchell, but they will for sure not disclose they will be ready or not even they were. Its an advantage for us. Its to keep the enemy guessing. I don't think its to hide anything from the fans, but to hide it from the future oppononent.

Old
04-25-2009, 04:31 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Smoke screen....