HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Current Status of Injured Canucks Players

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2009, 01:52 PM
zepps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
For what it's worth, on the radio this morning Gillis said that they've been extremely conservative with the injury and that they know it's better to have him out now than being out later, so I don't think they'll have him back in games before the ASB unless he's actually 100%.
I'd agree with that. Why risk rushing your biggest asset if there is a chance you could risk losing him for even longer.

I was more worried with Luongo rushing himself.

Old
01-09-2009, 03:37 PM
CCF23

Send a message via MSN to CCF23
Quote:
For what it's worth, on the radio this morning Gillis said that they've been extremely conservative with the injury and that they know it's better to have him out now than being out later, so I don't think they'll have him back in games before the ASB unless he's actually 100%.
That's pretty much how they had to be after his setback...If he had the setback and then rushed it again and had another it would have looked pretty stupid.

Glad to hear he feels the rehab process is done. Looks like we'll have our 2 biggest pieces playing together very soon .

The 2nd half of this season is going to be fun...I just hope we can catch Calgary for 3rd because I really don't want to face Chicago in the 1st round if we finish 5th. I'd rather play Detroit.

Old
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
The 2nd half of this season is going to be fun...I just hope we can catch Calgary for 3rd because I really don't want to face Chicago in the 1st round if we finish 5th. I'd rather play Detroit.
Yeah, third is looking like the best potential playoff spot for the Canucks. Along with missing Chicago in the first round, assuming they get there and there are no upsets, it'd mean playing Detroit in the second round instead of San Jose. No offense meant to the reigning champs, but San Jose has eaten the Canucks alive in recent years while the team has been fairly competitive with Detroit.

Old
01-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Bean in Charge

Quote:
Yeah, third is looking like the best potential playoff spot for the Canucks. Along with missing Chicago in the first round, assuming they get there and there are no upsets, it'd mean playing Detroit in the second round instead of San Jose. No offense meant to the reigning champs, but San Jose has eaten the Canucks alive in recent years while the team has been fairly competitive with Detroit.
I must be one of the few who wouldn't mind Chicago in the first round. The only downside to me of playing them is that we'd have to play SJ (likely) in the next round if we got past Chicago. I'd take Chicago over Anaheim if I had the choice right now. I like to maintain the assumption that before a young team can do anything in the playoffs, they have to suffer playoff heartbreak before. Hopefully, that heartbreak would occur in the first round for us if we played Chicago

Old
01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
alternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean in Charge View Post
I must be one of the few who wouldn't mind Chicago in the first round. The only downside to me of playing them is that we'd have to play SJ (likely) in the next round if we got past Chicago. I'd take Chicago over Anaheim if I had the choice right now. I like to maintain the assumption that before a young team can do anything in the playoffs, they have to suffer playoff heartbreak before. Hopefully, that heartbreak would occur in the first round for us if we played Chicago
I'm with you. Chicago doesn't scare me. fact is, you have to beat some good teams to make a play off run. Chicago is obviously a strong team, young, fast, dynamic, exicting, and entertaining. also unproven. I think we match up well against them (assuming we're relatively healthy on the back-end) in a 7 game series. only team I'm really afraid of is San Jose.

the silver lining in Lu's injury, he'll be much more rested going down the stretch than he's been...ever.

Old
01-10-2009, 06:36 PM
pitseleh

Quote:
Defenceman Sami Salo, who’s been out nearly a month with a broken rib skated in the optional morning skate and will be practising with the full team on Monday. He could be back in the lineup this week

Injured goaltender Roberto Luongo had a planned day off on Saturday but is expected to be on schedule to play sometime in the next week
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...133/story.html

Barring some unforeseen circumstances the team looks like it could be almost completely healthy within the week.

Old
01-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Zorbane

Quote:
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...133/story.html

Barring some unforeseen circumstances the team looks like it could be almost completely healthy within the week.
Rypien too?

Argh I don't mean to razz on the guy too much, I love him when he's on the ice but its just too easy...

Old
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Peter Griffin

FWIW, Strachan just said on the Hotstove that Luongo will be back Thursday against the Coyotes.

Old
01-10-2009, 07:53 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Strachan said Luongo would be back Thursday... But that's Strachan.

01-10-2009, 07:55 PM
DreamCatcher*

I can't believe the question came up if Sundin in the line-up would hamper Canucks playoff hopes.

Old
01-10-2009, 07:56 PM
tn92

It is Strachan...but he was the only who thought Sundin was coming to Vancouver...not that I'm defending him

Old
01-10-2009, 08:00 PM
west in the east

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind View Post
I can't believe the question came up if Sundin in the line-up would hamper Canucks playoff hopes.
yah, that was from Ron... what kind of question is that??

Old
01-10-2009, 11:13 PM
CanucksOo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
FWIW, Strachan just said on the Hotstove that Luongo will be back Thursday against the Coyotes.
Luongo confirmed during the intermission that Thursday is a "possibility" if his rehabilitation progresses like it has been

Last edited by CanucksOo: 01-10-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old
01-10-2009, 11:19 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Luongo sit out until after the All Star break? Not overly comfortable with only 1 or 2 full practices and then right into a game.

Old
01-10-2009, 11:46 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind seeing Luongo sit out until after the All Star break?
Post #20. Me too.

Old
01-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
Post #20. Me too.
Ah, missed that. Although, after Sanford's performance tonight, I'm tempted to recant that sentiment.

Old
01-10-2009, 11:51 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Post #20. Me too.
Post 95

Seriously though, we need Luongo back ASAP before this team gets too deep in a hole.

01-10-2009, 11:59 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Ah, missed that. Although, after Sanford's performance tonight, I'm tempted to recant that sentiment.
Not if playing in the game will reinjure him forcing him to miss another month or so. And if the Canucks can't beat the Coyotes with their backup, they've got serious issues.

Old
01-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Not if playing in the game will reinjure him forcing him to miss another month or so. And if the Canucks can't beat the Coyotes with their backup, they've got serious issues.
Yeah I know...it's just the impatient child in me bubbling to the surface.

Old
01-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Agent007

Quote:
The Canucks couldn't beat the Blues with their backup in net so can we please stop looking down on teams???

There are no easy nights in the NHL and the Canucks found that out the hard way.

Old
01-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Stefan It Up

Speaking of looking down on teams, let's stop assuming we make the playoffs.

Old
01-11-2009, 12:54 AM
DreamCatcher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan It Up View Post
Speaking of looking down on teams, let's stop assuming we make the playoffs.
, two straight losses and its all doom and gloom? Get you're emotions in check man.

If the Canucks win three straight, then this whole board is in a euphoric ecstasy.

Old
01-11-2009, 01:30 AM
tn92

I just want to address the people who continue to say "Sit him till after the all-star break"

you act like they haven't been cautious with Luongo, he had a set back on Dec.10 and they sent him home for christmas! that's like 20 days of just heali

If he can comeback, it means he's ready, no one is going to rush our franchise player back when he's not ready

Old
01-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn92 View Post
I just want to address the people who continue to say "Sit him till after the all-star break"

you act like they haven't been cautious with Luongo, he had a set back on Dec.10 and they sent him home for christmas! that's like 20 days of just heali

If he can comeback, it means he's ready, no one is going to rush our franchise player back when he's not ready
Yet that's exactly what happened before his first "set-back". Imagine that.

Old
01-11-2009, 03:10 AM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent007 View Post
The Canucks couldn't beat the Blues with their backup in net so can we please stop looking down on teams???

There are no easy nights in the NHL and the Canucks found that out the hard way.
So does that mean Luongo should play 100% of the remaining games? There are no easy nights if you don't show up and expect to win. If you show up and play hard, you have a great chance to win.

Closed Thread