HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Current Status of Injured Canucks Players

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2009, 12:04 PM
rye&ginger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanderKANE View Post
Salo's going to get re-injured..
If you think that because he still has pain, injured ribs hurt for quite a while even though they have fully healed. In this case, pain means nothing. He could hurt something else though.

Old
01-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Zorbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
If you think that because he still has pain, injured ribs hurt for quite a while even though they have fully healed. In this case, pain means nothing. He could hurt something else though.
Doesn't look like he's had a concussion before.

Old
01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Man, getting Luongo and Salo back at the same time would be huge. Even if only for a few games, Salo >>>>>>>>>>>> Davison/Nycholat. With Pyatt coming back too, I wonder who the odd man out is? Hordichuk is extremely popular and fills an important role on the team so I don't see him going.

I see it coming down to Wellwood, Raymond and Hansen. Raymond is a lock to stay, IMO, which makes it a two horse race. Wellwood doesn't seem to be one of Vigneault's favorite players, but he's one of our few guys that has puck skills and Hansen doesn't need to clear waivers. As much as I may not like it, Hansen may be on the outside looking in when Pyatt gets back.

And then there's the goaltending situation which seems to be leaning more and more in Labarbera's favor over Sanford's...

Either way, a fully healthy team would be SWEET.

~Canucklehead~

Old
01-12-2009, 08:10 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Man, getting Luongo and Salo back at the same time would be huge. Even if only for a few games, Salo >>>>>>>>>>>> Davison/Nycholat. With Pyatt coming back too, I wonder who the odd man out is? Hordichuk is extremely popular and fills an important role on the team so I don't see him going.

I see it coming down to Wellwood, Raymond and Hansen. Raymond is a lock to stay, IMO, which makes it a two horse race. Wellwood doesn't seem to be one of Vigneault's favorite players, but he's one of our few guys that has puck skills and Hansen doesn't need to clear waivers. As much as I may not like it, Hansen may be on the outside looking in when Pyatt gets back.

And then there's the goaltending situation which seems to be leaning more and more in Labarbera's favor over Sanford's...

~Canucklehead~
brown.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Johnny Canucker

salo will hurt himself picking up a cracker, ala Brent Sopel. he hasent had that injury yet..........has he?

Old
01-13-2009, 01:17 AM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffCourtnall View Post
salo will hurt himself picking up a cracker, ala Brent Sopel. he hasent had that injury yet..........has he?
no, salo will hurt himself eating soup.

lukewarm soup, not burning hot.

and he's actually drinking it.

and it's just broth, no food in it at all.

Old
01-13-2009, 01:19 AM
Zorbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
no, salo will hurt himself eating soup.

lukewarm soup, not burning hot.

and he's actually drinking it.

and it's just broth, no food in it at all.
What's he going to do!?!?! drown??

Old
01-13-2009, 01:20 AM
timorousme
luongod

my favourite salo injury is still the venomous snake bite he suffered in the offseason in finland

Old
01-13-2009, 12:59 PM
newostar

Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
my favourite salo injury is still the venomous snake bite he suffered in the offseason in finland
What, for real? My God, this guy is cursed. I'm not really surprised he's not playing tonight. I've noticed that Salo is kind of "lazy" and turns away from hits a lot instead of getting ready for them and preparing for them properly.

He really doesn't know how to take a hit as a defencemen. He sure has bad luck, but I really think that it is somewhat self imposed as well. I think once he gets back to form we should package him with someone else and try to get a legitimate PP quaterback who can move the puck. Someone like Krajicek.

Old
01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newostar View Post
He really doesn't know how to take a hit as a defencemen. He sure has bad luck, but I really think that it is somewhat self imposed as well. I think once he gets back to form we should package him with someone else and try to get a legitimate PP quaterback who can move the puck. Someone like Krajicek.
Krajicek is a legitimate PP quarterback?

Old
01-13-2009, 02:50 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
Krajicek is a legitimate PP quarterback?
this should be one instance where canuck fans should know that the grass isn't greener on the other side

Old
01-13-2009, 03:02 PM
alternate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post

~Canucklehead~
it all depends on who we're playing, but in most cases I vote for Hordichuck. lately, if he's not scoring he's not doing anything. when's the last time anyone remembers him throwing 2 big hits in a single game? how about even one shift where he was running amuck causing havoc leaving physical carnage in his wake? isn't that what he's supposed to be doing when he's not fighting/scoring?

a 4th line of Pyatt-Johnson-Hansen/Raymond looks pretty good imo. if we want a small, fast 4th line, move Pyatt up and play Hansen-Johnson-Raymond.

but if we don't need a legit heavyweight to square off with someone on the other team, then I'd like to see Hordichuck sitting in the press box.

Old
01-13-2009, 03:32 PM
pitseleh

The latest on Rypien:

Quote:
Vigneault also revealed that forward Rick Rypien has taken an indefinite leave of absence from the team and is dealing with a personal issue that is not hockey related. Rypien, who was suffering from a hernia, has apparently recovered from his injury.
http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...rtsHockey/home

Old
01-13-2009, 03:37 PM
Zorbane

Weird, I wonder what's going on.

They showed some clips of some charity event on the jumbotron during a commercial break and he was in there, didn't seem like anything was wrong.

Old
01-13-2009, 03:48 PM
whoshouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
Wow.. wonder whats wrong. Hopefully everything is alright.

Old
01-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Kid_Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoshouse View Post
Wow.. wonder whats wrong. Hopefully everything is alright.
You've got to think it's something big that would make him put his incredibly shaky hockey career on hold for. Hope everything is ok for his sake. :/

Let's just hope nothing is wrong and that instead, it is just part of the Mike Brown Conspiracy.

Gillman: "Look Ryp, we love you, but if you come back, that's an extra guy on the roster, which means Brown gets sent down."

Rypien: "So send down Brown?"

Gillman: "No, that's not an option. So we need you to maybe draw out that injury a bit, milk it if you could..."

Rypien: "I'd rather not, people think I'm injury prone as it is. Can't I just come back and we send down Brownie?"

Gillman: "Seriously, stop saying that. OK, how about you go on a journey...into the desert? Maybe go find yourself?"

Rypien: "But I'm better than Mike Brown."

Gillman: "If you say one more bad word about Brown so help me god Rypien I will make your surgery look like a walk in the park compared to what we'll do to you"

Brown: "Everything ok in here?"

Gillman: "Yes Mr. Brown, of course."

Brown: *ahem*

Gillman: "Sir! Yes Mr. Brown, sir, of course, sir, everything is ok, sir."

Old
01-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Roll View Post
You've got to think it's something big that would make him put his incredibly shaky hockey career on hold for. Hope everything is ok for his sake. :/

Let's just hope nothing is wrong and that instead, it is just part of the Mike Brown Conspiracy.

Gillman: "Look Ryp, we love you, but if you come back, that's an extra guy on the roster, which means Brown gets sent down."

Rypien: "So send down Brown?"

Gillman: "No, that's not an option. So we need you to maybe draw out that injury a bit, milk it if you could..."

Rypien: "I'd rather not, people think I'm injury prone as it is. Can't I just come back and we send down Brownie?"

Gillman: "Seriously, stop saying that. OK, how about you go on a journey...into the desert? Maybe go find yourself?"

Rypien: "But I'm better than Mike Brown."

Gillman: "If you say one more bad word about Brown so help me god Rypien I will make your surgery look like a walk in the park compared to what we'll do to you"

Brown: "Everything ok in here?"

Gillman: "Yes Mr. Brown, of course."

Brown: *ahem*

Gillman: "Sir! Yes Mr. Brown, sir, of course, sir, everything is ok, sir."

Rypien may be trying to figure out if he still wants to play the game considering what he has gone through. Hearing that he is fully recovered is great news though. I would love to get him back on the team, even if he isn't an every day player.

Old
01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
rye&ginger

When I hear personal issues, it can be a lot of things but the nightmare cases are addictions of some sort. Hopefully its not that. Ive seen it a few times in soccer.

Old
01-13-2009, 05:44 PM
*Injektilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye&ginger View Post
When I hear personal issues, it can be a lot of things but the nightmare cases are addictions of some sort. Hopefully its not that. Ive seen it a few times in soccer.
Soooo you're saying Rypien is addicted to pain?

Old
01-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Injektilo View Post
Soooo you're saying Rypien is addicted to pain?

Maybe pain-killers.

Old
01-13-2009, 11:49 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbane View Post
What's he going to do!?!?! drown??
He actually pulled his hamstring.

Old
01-14-2009, 01:41 AM
fullclip
Prepare to die

I just heard on the Team 1040 post game show that Salo fell down in practice today and was rubbing his ribs in some discomfort. He wasn't taking any slap shots after either. He also apparently wasn't even taking body contact. This is all from Dave Tomlinson but he sounded pretty sure. With all the Luongo commotion this looks to have slipped under the radar.

Old
01-14-2009, 02:19 AM
Cocomero*

^
LOL IF YOU'RE NOT JOKING!!!!!!

Ohh man. Trade this guys salary for a 7th round pick. Jesus Christ....

Old
01-14-2009, 02:28 AM
Zorbane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB 28 View Post
^
LOL IF YOU'RE NOT JOKING!!!!!!

Ohh man. Trade this guys salary for a 7th round pick. Jesus Christ....
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...c-4d3e890c46b5

Quote:

SALO STILL ON SHELF

While Taylor Pyatt returned from his foot injury on Tuesday night, Sami Salo's return is further away.

Salo hurt his ribs when hit into the boards on Dec. 17.

"Sami's close, though he hasn't taken any contact yet," Vigneault said. "I'm not sure how it's going to unfold."

Old
01-14-2009, 02:36 AM
Agent007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorbane View Post
Larscheid said that he expects Sami to be back perhaps by Sunday vs the Jackets but I also read somewhere that he might not be back until after the all star break.

It sure would be nice to play with a full lineup in San Jose next week.

Closed Thread