HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Please call up Flinn

Old
01-09-2009, 06:38 AM
habs24

vCash: 500
Please call up Flinn

If BGL is going to be out of the lineup for much longer the Habs should recall Flinn. Our skilled guys shouldn't have to get abused by the likes of Mayers,May, and Deveaux. Flinn would have beat the crap out of one of them and that would have been it. We wouldn't have Deveaux running around and May picking on skilled guys. Mayers still would have pounded Kosto. That guy has to leave the gloves on. Last nights game,even though we won brought back nightmares of last season.

habs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 06:53 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
BGL is a joke anyway. He'd ask may if he wants to fight and May would refuse, walk away and go bug boullion anyway. Get rid of him and bring up a real enforcer. Hell, stewart would fight more.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Qui Gon Dave

I'm not sure Flinn has the game to be worth an NHL spot. Greg Stewart on the other hand, might be worth a shot. He isn't as much a heavyweight as Flinn, but the kid can throw 'em good with both hands and his left is awesome. If we are after a fighter, I'd prefer to see Stewart as he can at least take a regular shift and provide a little scoring every now and again.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:07 AM
Treal

Agreed, I'd rather see Greg Stewart if a fighter is needed. The problem with Laraque is that nobody will fight him

Treal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:10 AM
TommyHabs

Fliin is not a good fighter. In the A Jon Mirasty kicks his ass last week... Mirasty is 5ft8

TommyHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:19 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Stewart all the way.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:35 AM
TommyHabs

Stewart played one game agaist an eliminated team.

He doesn't have a great season in the AHL. I remember reading somewhere that he was thinking he will made the Canadiens out of camp and finally got cut and that affects is game.

TommyHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treal View Post
Agreed, I'd rather see Greg Stewart if a fighter is needed. The problem with Laraque is that nobody will fight him

Tuco; ''There are two kinds of people in the world, my friend. Those who fight and those who talk. Oh and Btw When you have fight, fight, don't talk.''

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 07:49 AM
koivu

Please do not give up on Laraque - then there would be no Hab that Blogs! Isn't that why he brought him here - for his Blogs ?

I agree they should bring up Stewart - I can't stand poor Kotsopolous getting pummeled yet again!

Its funny to watch him drop his gloves when he has a broken hand - but got to love his determination anyways!

And Stewart is having an pretty good season this year in Hamilton - better than Flinn for sure.

koivu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:03 AM
gillyguzzler

Love him or hate him, Big Georges brings people to their feet. This being an entertainment industry, he knows how to entertain and the crowd at the Bell Center can't get enough of him. He gets almost as many cheers and Saku does. For Carbo, however, he's a wasted lineup spot if he doesn't play his role as the enforcer. BGL would not even be close to the NHL if it wasn't for his fists so he better start using them again...if ever his groin heals.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:09 AM
znk

Did we just lose or something?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Did we just lose or something?
you'd think so eh?

BGL looks useless now because he's injured... he brings respect to the team when he's playing and he will be much more valuable near the end of the season and in the playoffs.

/thread

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:19 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
BGL is a joke anyway. He'd ask may if he wants to fight and May would refuse, walk away and go bug boullion anyway. Get rid of him and bring up a real enforcer. Hell, stewart would fight more.

I agree BGL is too politically correct. He's obviously collecting a paycheck now. Anyone who's read his blog can tell you that. No passion to fight for his team.

He's just using his blog now to whine about not playing in the play-offs or not playing at all instead of getting in shape to actually help the team out. He's actually quite annoying in how he indirectly sends messages to Montreal coaching staff using his blog. No wonder Montreal brass has told him he's not allowed to do them anymore.

Get your ass in the gym and play hockey *****!

He won't play in the play-offs because he can't skate. The guy needs to get serious.

Don't you remember a few games back? When he completely missed his shift and we were shorthanded because he was sleeping on the bench.......THE OTHER TEAM SCORED!!!!!

He needs to wake the **** UP. It's not funny. I don't know anyone making 1.5 million who is allowed to sleep at work.

WAKE UP GEORGE!!!!

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-09-2009 at 10:36 AM.
SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:24 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKS AVENUE View Post
I agree BGL is too politically correct. He's obviously collecting a paycheck now. Anyone who's read his blog can tell you that. No passion to fight for his team.

He's just using his blog now to whine about not playing in the play-offs or not playing at all instead of getting in shape to actually help the team out. He's actually quite annoying in how he indirectly sends messages to Montreal coaching staff using his blog. No wonder Montreal brass has told him he's not allowed to do them anymore.

Get your ass in the gym and play hockey *****!
did you just call one of our players this ? ah man, your post will now be voted trash of the month !

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-09-2009 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post.
HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
habs24

The one game last year I seen Stewart play he fought Bryan McCabe and couldn't even get a win out of him. We need someone that can fight not another Kostopoulous.

Old
01-09-2009, 08:35 AM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
did you just call one of our players this ? ah man, your post will now be voted trash of the month !

Read his blog....... maybe you should. He is not loyal to this team, he never was. Even Carbo sent him a message about his groin.

I call it like it is. It's not trash, it's the truth.

SAKS AVENUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:44 AM
habs24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHabs View Post
Fliin is not a good fighter. In the A Jon Mirasty kicks his ass last week... Mirasty is 5ft8
Jon Mirasty is one of the top 2 fighters in that league. I seen that scrap and Mirasty did beat him but it wasn't by much. Flinn would have OWNED any of those Leaf scrubs last night

Old
01-09-2009, 08:50 AM
zurg999

Haven't watched Flinn in a dozen games this season my first question has to be: why does he carry a hockey stick?

zurg999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Fire Brunet*

Why are you guys worried nobody will fight BGL?... Isn't that a good thing? If he scares people than nobody would **** with us.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 08:56 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Why are you guys worried nobody will fight BGL?... Isn't that a good thing? If he scares people than no one would **** with us.
the last game Laraque played against the Sens Mr. Neil was suddenly so calm. It works.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:13 AM
la25ecoupe

We need a polite Enforcer, and a Bandit.

Laraque + Steward on same line = good.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:16 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Stewart all the way.
Stewart is a gutsy guy and will throw them anytime someone asks but he is not a heavy weight. IMO he wouldn't be able to handle either Mayer or May. Also agree that Flinn would have trouble with these guys. He is a big guy but for some reason doesn't dominate all his fights the way you think he should. Maybe he doesn't have the balance required when fighting on skates?

AllCanadienFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Mustafa*

When laraque came to Montreal he sadi he wouldn't gifht more than 10 times in the entire season, people are afraid of him and they shut their mouth. But there's no enforcer in the world that will stop some fights from happening. Anyways i won't try to explain you how enforcing works, it's way more interesting to think that you have to fight every game, jump players and work out your kata on the faceoff. I envy your innocence guys...

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:26 AM
HotHabsFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHabs View Post
lol you are so wrong, first off i dont see here where he lost this fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygCoaV_wMCk

second yeah you're right he can't fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdBzm...eature=related

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

What we would need is a guy like Colton Orr. Respected enough to go with the big guys, and impolite enough to not ask your permission to beat your ass....like what he did to Ruutu...And by the way, Flinn is not good enough to get a regular shift in the AHL....

BGL would still be sending invitations, faxes and permissions....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote