HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Retribution!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2004, 04:28 PM
  #1
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Retribution!

Well besides the fact that we're closing in on the end of the season, and we need to start winning games in a major way.
I thought i'd start up a new subject on retribution, and why we lack it! Two games last night were played, and players were tagged on each team. Jason Doig with the Caps, got punished by two Rangers and left the game. Two words come to mind "Eric Lindros"!
Game two with Philly and Ottawa. Marty Havlat, was public enemy number one for high sticking Recchi two weeks back. Recchi didn't even lose any time playing. And, last night was slugfest in Philly. Now i'm not saying the games need it, although I love it. I'm just saying the players on the ice need to protect the teams star players and assets.
I can go down a whole laundry list of players on the Kings that have been abused by other teams, and our players only stand their and watch. Not really their faults though, because we don't have anyone out there to actually protect. For over two years now, i've had to see Ziggy protecting himself on a constant basis! My point is that players like Kip Brennan should be in the line-up everynight without question. I don't give two sh*ts that we're trying to get scoring from four lines, because we're not even getting scoring from our top two lines. We should ALWAYS, ALWAYS have an enforcer in the line-up......even better, two! Since Kip came back we're 3-1-1. And, he was a major reason why we beat the Ducks this past saturday, when he whupped Burnett's ass!
Most of you say he can't skate, but I think he's a good skater. He can get to the front of the net and be a power forward we lack. He also draws penalties, rather than just get em'!

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
03-06-2004, 05:50 PM
  #2
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Well besides the fact that we're closing in on the end of the season, and we need to start winning games in a major way.
I thought i'd start up a new subject on retribution, and why we lack it! Two games last night were played, and players were tagged on each team. Jason Doig with the Caps, got punished by two Rangers and left the game. Two words come to mind "Eric Lindros"!
Game two with Philly and Ottawa. Marty Havlat, was public enemy number one for high sticking Recchi two weeks back. Recchi didn't even lose any time playing. And, last night was slugfest in Philly. Now i'm not saying the games need it, although I love it. I'm just saying the players on the ice need to protect the teams star players and assets.
I can go down a whole laundry list of players on the Kings that have been abused by other teams, and our players only stand their and watch. Not really their faults though, because we don't have anyone out there to actually protect. For over two years now, i've had to see Ziggy protecting himself on a constant basis! My point is that players like Kip Brennan should be in the line-up everynight without question. I don't give two sh*ts that we're trying to get scoring from four lines, because we're not even getting scoring from our top two lines. We should ALWAYS, ALWAYS have an enforcer in the line-up......even better, two! Since Kip came back we're 3-1-1. And, he was a major reason why we beat the Ducks this past saturday, when he whupped Burnett's ass!
Most of you say he can't skate, but I think he's a good skater. He can get to the front of the net and be a power forward we lack. He also draws penalties, rather than just get em'!
Two words: Ryan Flinn-He wooped people if they looked at Ziggy last year. With that said I really think we have enough depth to keep an enforcer out of the line and get some scoring.

Kingz4life is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 06:45 AM
  #3
BINGO
Registered User
 
BINGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: right coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
Two words: Ryan Flinn-He wooped people if they looked at Ziggy last year. With that said I really think we have enough depth to keep an enforcer out of the line and get some scoring.
Ryan Flinn is a shell of his former self.
He was beaten PRETTY bad by the Providence Bruins Colton Orr in December and really hasn't been the same since. He had a rematch in Providence and it sounded like he had a draw/loss again, according to the radio broadcast. There is also talk that he will not fight Orr again, and if that kind of info is out there than he has lost his edge.

He has been working on his skating and his overall game this year. I would bet money that is the reason that Brennan is up and Flinn is down.

The one to watch for in hte years to come will be George Parros. He is a much better hockey player than Flinn. He can see the plays, has good vision, and plays special teams ( for a "goon"). The only suspect theing about his game is his fighting. He does well in toe to toe action, but if he gets ragged dolled, he is done.
F

BINGO is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 06:46 AM
  #4
BINGO
Registered User
 
BINGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: right coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
Two words: Ryan Flinn-He wooped people if they looked at Ziggy last year. With that said I really think we have enough depth to keep an enforcer out of the line and get some scoring.
Ryan Flinn is a shell of his former self.
He was beaten PRETTY bad by the Providence Bruins Colton Orr in December and really hasn't been the same since. He had a rematch in Providence and it sounded like he had a draw/loss again, according to the radio broadcast. There is also talk that he will not fight Orr again, and if that kind of info is out there than he has lost his edge.

He has been working on his skating and his overall game this year. I would bet money that is the reason that Brennan is up and Flinn is down.

The one to watch for in hte years to come will be George Parros. Scary as it sounds, he can play for a big guy with concrete hands, even playing special teams.

BINGO is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 04:33 PM
  #5
ReggieMoto
Registered User
 
ReggieMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Manchester, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,191
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
[George Parros] is a much better hockey player than Flinn. He can see the plays, has good vision, and plays special teams ( for a "goon").
I think the "goon" comment is pretty harsh. Other than that, everything you say is correct. I would say instead that he will not shy away from a brawl if he's in a position to brawl, and he holds his own though he needs a little more seasoning. He's big and able to take care of himself. He's also quite adept at drawing the penalty to the adversary - he's a cool customer. Unlike Flinn or Brennan, who are true enforcers (and Flinn has some of the shortest shifts I have ever seen), Parros is a big forward who can take care of business AND skate AND score.

ReggieMoto

ReggieMoto is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 04:43 PM
  #6
punchy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kiwiville.
Posts: 2,444
vCash: 500
I agree with the idea that we are awful in the way we play "nice hockey" all of the time (to borrow a phrase from Navigator I believe that is meant pansy) and are coached to be "proffesionals" and not to give the other team a power play.

I also reckon that part of our injury troubles come from the fact that we NEVER go back and make people pay for having a shot at our top players.

Allisons so far career ending injury by Sutton has been called clean. I don't bloody care if it were or not. Did we win the cup last year? At the time, would going after him, Kovy, Heatley and anyone else on that team cost us our chance at it? NO. Not close.

If it is even close to questionable, our lads should be making other teams pay. That is why I, (putting on fire proof knickers) would rather we fire Andy Murray for Joel Quinn given the chance.

Of course, we won't but, you can call the blues (and most of the other top teams) anything you want, but, you would never call them soft.

The Sens make people pay for Bullscat.

The Fliers make people pay for Bullscat.

The Leafs make people pay for Bullscat.

The Blues, the Avs, the Nucks, the Wings, The Lightning (that one hurts), all play with the attitude of "I bloody dare you to touch one of our top lads or better still, just try something cheap and see what happens".

We don't. We whine about urgency in our players and I see us playing controlled urgency and that is daft. It is also a coaching thing.

Andy has done simply to much with so little to question his skills as a coach in most areas but, there are a couple where he is totally awful in my opinion.

Not that I know anything though.

punchy1 is offline  
Old
03-07-2004, 05:48 PM
  #7
BINGO
Registered User
 
BINGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: right coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
I think the "goon" comment is pretty harsh. Other than that, everything you say is correct. I would say instead that he will not shy away from a brawl if he's in a position to brawl, and he holds his own though he needs a little more seasoning. He's big and able to take care of himself. He's also quite adept at drawing the penalty to the adversary - he's a cool customer. Unlike Flinn or Brennan, who are true enforcers (and Flinn has some of the shortest shifts I have ever seen), Parros is a big forward who can take care of business AND skate AND score.

ReggieMoto
I think that you could make the arguement that he is a goon, simply based on the fact he was not drafted for being an offensive standout.

BINGO is offline  
Old
03-08-2004, 02:02 AM
  #8
Kingz4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Armenia
Posts: 2,105
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
Ryan Flinn is a shell of his former self.
He was beaten PRETTY bad by the Providence Bruins Colton Orr in December and really hasn't been the same since. He had a rematch in Providence and it sounded like he had a draw/loss again, according to the radio broadcast. There is also talk that he will not fight Orr again, and if that kind of info is out there than he has lost his edge.

He has been working on his skating and his overall game this year. I would bet money that is the reason that Brennan is up and Flinn is down.

The one to watch for in hte years to come will be George Parros. Scary as it sounds, he can play for a big guy with concrete hands, even playing special teams.
Wow I am shocked to hear that. I mean he is still like only 21 years old but to say he wont fight Orr again wow I wasn't expecting that from Flinn :mad:

Kingz4life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.