Could the CHL move the Memorial Cup

Old
02-17-2009, 07:36 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarCHBDC View Post
What I see of Rimouski this year : they're very inconstants... They win 5 games, they lose 5, they win 4, they lose 7, they win 11, etc.

They have a lot of over-rated players like Logan MacMillan and Maxime Gougeon! Especially the last one... When Groulx told to the press that he found his weakness, he just became to much stress and we know the following.

OK, they have some players who's gonna return soon (or they are maybe already) like Keven Veilleux and Olivier Fortier, but everybody know that it's not two players that change a team... especially in the junior!
they were really inconsistent while all the team was injured not now!! since they acquiered some players at the deadline and getting some guy back from the injury list they have played some great hockey...they beat your olympiques (hottest team in the Q at the time)

about the over-rated players.....How can Gougeon be over rated?? everyone know is not that good so i dont get it why you say he's over rated?? you should probably have used the word "Gougeon is not really good" now we would have agreed

as for MacMillan, i tought the same thing before he came with rimouski ,but ive watch him about 10-12 time since the trade and he's been dynamite for Clement Jodoin team...skate well,two-way players play physical and dont mind dropping the glove, imo he's like a patrice cormier version on lw (they actually play together now on the top line)

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 07:50 PM
MarCHBDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
they were really inconsistent while all the team was injured not now!! since they acquiered some players at the deadline and getting some guy back from the injury list they have played some great hockey...they beat your olympiques (hottest team in the Q at the time)

about the over-rated players.....How can Gougeon be over rated?? everyone know is not that good so i dont get it why you say he's over rated?? you should probably have used the word "Gougeon is not really good" now we would have agreed

as for MacMillan, i tought the same thing before he came with rimouski ,but ive watch him about 10-12 time since the trade and he's been dynamite for Clement Jodoin team...skate well,two-way players play physical and dont mind dropping the glove, imo he's like a patrice cormier version on lw (they actually play together now on the top line)
OK... Gougeon is not really good! ^^ When Rimouski beat Gatineau, it was a weird game. They played cheap in the first period and Gatineau reply... too hard! The goal of the game was not to win it but to proove who's the biggest team. And be sure that Dupont talk to the guys after that game. I know my team and since this game, I see a more disciplining team.

If the other team want to play cheap, put Domingues on the ice and it's gonna be over... ^^

But, if you want my opinion, Rimouski will have a lot of difficulty in playoff. They are not gonna pass Drummond, Shawi et CIE...

MarCHBDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2009, 08:42 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
OK... Gougeon is not really good! ^^ When Rimouski beat Gatineau, it was a weird game. They played cheap in the first period and Gatineau reply... too hard! The goal of the game was not to win it but to proove who's the biggest team. And be sure that Dupont talk to the guys after that game. I know my team and since this game, I see a more disciplining team.

If the other team want to play cheap, put Domingues on the ice and it's gonna be over... ^^

But, if you want my opinion, Rimouski will have a lot of difficulty in playoff. They are not gonna pass Drummond, Shawi et CIE...

i remember that game was really dirty, quesnel with a cheap hit on lefrancois that i remember (thank god lefrancois was not hurt seriously this could have been worse) and speaking of "your boy" Domingues tell him not to try to fight Cormier the next time

anyway, you guys in gatineau are lucky to have a young goalie like Clermont that kid is going to be a good one

Old
02-20-2009, 05:17 PM
MarCHBDC

Quote:
i remember that game was really dirty, quesnel with a cheap hit on lefrancois that i remember (thank god lefrancois was not hurt seriously this could have been worse) and speaking of "your boy" Domingues tell him not to try to fight Cormier the next time

anyway, you guys in gatineau are lucky to have a young goalie like Clermont that kid is going to be a good one
^^ If you think that Pedro is scare about Cormier, you're in the right field! I'm pretty sure he could beat Cormier in a fight! Only one thing sure : it's should be a great fight!!!

Anyway, I was sceptic at the begenning of the season when I saw Clermont goal... But, Michel Vallière work very hard with him and game after game, Max impress me! And the coolest thing with that, is that he's just 17! A lot of people are talking about Roy (CB), but Clermont should be draft by a NHL team too!

Old
02-20-2009, 06:37 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Haven't you seen Rimouski play? They're probably the best team in the Q right now. They're big, they have great talent on offense and on D. When the team is playing good in front of him, Gougeon is ok.

Clermont isn't eligible in the 2009 NHL draft...

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2009, 09:25 PM
MarCHBDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Haven't you seen Rimouski play? They're probably the best team in the Q right now. They're big, they have great talent on offense and on D. When the team is playing good in front of him, Gougeon is ok.

Clermont isn't eligible in the 2009 NHL draft...
I don't think that Rimouski is the best team right now... Drummondville is propably the team actually! The only thing with Rimouski, is that they're gonna fall down soon (that mean 4-5 losing streak...)

Old
02-20-2009, 10:36 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

If you say so... I've seen the two teams and I can assure you that a healthy Rimouski lineup beats Drummondville in the playoffs.

Old
02-20-2009, 11:34 PM
MarCHBDC

Quote:
If you say so... I've seen the two teams and I can assure you that a healthy Rimouski lineup beats Drummondville in the playoffs.
I really doubt that Gougeon can support Drummond offensive... Don't forget that except Ouimet, Rimouski doesn't have a good DEFENSIVE defenseman. And don't tell me that Bourdon is good in defense, I see him so much times since he's in the League to tell that he's a one-way defenseman...

I don't say that the Océanic doesn't have a good team, I just say that there're better...

Old
02-21-2009, 10:06 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

What about Tardif and Cousineau? Tardif isn't that good and Cousineau couldn't stop Rimouski last year...

Old
02-21-2009, 01:30 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

surprise surprise another injury in rimouski

Marc-Andre Bourdon out 2-3 week (broken finger)

Old
02-21-2009, 06:57 PM
MarCHBDC

Quote:

Poor Rimouski... I never seen a team with so much injuries...

Old
02-21-2009, 11:15 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

lol...

Old
02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:

not the playoff yet, but rimouski won 6-5 in a shootout againt drumondville today. What a game!!! rimouski was down 3-0 after 6 minute of played and 4-1 after 20 minute!!!

great game for both team (cousineau was horrible for the voltigeurs!!!!)

Old
02-22-2009, 10:32 PM
MarCHBDC

Quote:
not the playoff yet, but rimouski won 6-5 in a shootout againt drumondville today. What a game!!! rimouski was down 3-0 after 6 minute of played and 4-1 after 20 minute!!!

great game for both team (cousineau was horrible for the voltigeurs!!!!)

You see, Drummondville made a lot of BAD move during the trade period... When DiDomenico as been trade to Drummond, the first thing I said was "Another individualist with the Voltigeurs...". Hoffman left from Gatineau 'cause he had no team spirit... Same thing with DiDo at StJ... They will not go very far in playoff with that... Shawi have better chances. They have the best D-man of the League, three good power foward and a great goaltender!

Old
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

But they always fail in the playoffs and will probably play against Gatineau in the second round.

Old
02-23-2009, 02:43 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:

He's out for the season...Clem confirmed that Saturday after the game in Lewiston. He could be back for the playoffs though.

They have lost 250 man games this season That's not including Bourdon's injury.

I believe they are one of the better teams in the Q right now.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

There are 2-3 weeks left to the season.

Old
02-24-2009, 11:46 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
Quote:
There are 2-3 weeks left to the season.
Yes sorry about that. Weeks are flying by for me and couldn't believe there were 2-3 weeks left.

And when Clem saying out for the season makes the injury sound longer then really it is.

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Templeton

Quote:
You see, Drummondville made a lot of BAD move during the trade period... When DiDomenico as been trade to Drummond, the first thing I said was "Another individualist with the Voltigeurs...". Hoffman left from Gatineau 'cause he had no team spirit... Same thing with DiDo at StJ... They will not go very far in playoff with that... Shawi have better chances. They have the best D-man of the League, three good power foward and a great goaltender!

Can you be more consequent with what you said ?? I mean, in one post you said that Dummondville is the best team on earth and now you say they won't go far away in the playoffs.

If Gatineau had the 1/3 of the injuried players of the Oceanic, they would be as inconsistent as Rimouski was. 14 consecutives wins. Is that consistency? They also win over Drummondville without their best player : Bourdon. "But, but, but Drummond made a lot of bad moves ... "O.K. what about Rimouski? It was 3-0, then 4-1and they win the game 5-4.

I try not to be a homer, but sometimes all the negative bias against them piss me off. This kind of attitude started with Lecavalier and it was amplified with Crosby. Now it's a common thing through the league to bash on Rimouski (think to the Radoter forum).

Last edited by Templeton: 02-25-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Templeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2009, 08:24 PM
MarCHBDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Templeton View Post
Can you be more consequent with what you said ?? I mean, in one post you said that Dummondville is the best team on earth and now you say they won't go far away in the playoffs.

If Gatineau had the 1/3 of the injuried players of the Oceanic, they would be as inconsistent as Rimouski was. 14 consecutives wins. Is that consistency? They also win over Drummondville without their best player : Bourdon. "But, but, but Drummond made a lot of bad moves ... "O.K. what about Rimouski? It was 3-0, then 4-1and they win the game 5-4.

I try not to be a homer, but sometimes all the negative bias against them piss me off. This kind of attitude started with Lecavalier and it was amplified with Crosby. Now it's a common thing through the league to bash on Rimouski (think to the Radoter forum).

Form Drummond, the answer is pretty simple : they are good NOW, but trouble is going to arrive soon in the team (fans start to get disapointe bout DiDo's play) and they are gonna choke in playoff. Just think at Rouyn last year! They won all their series 4-0, but in final, Gatineau put the pression on them and they lost the serie 1-4...

Gatineau had a lot of injuries this year... Just thought of Paul Byron, Alexandre Quesnel (suspension), Hubert Labrie, Nicolas Boyer, Alexandre Touchette and etc. And they just lost 2 games in a row for the first time since november... For Rimouski, the season is getting like 5 wins, 4 defeats, 7 wins, 7 defeats, 14 wins, 6 defeats, etc. This is what I call inconsistent...

Personally, I really like the organisation of the Rimouski Océanic. But, I'm realistic... Just like I was when we lost 13 games in a row and I said that there's a problem with the coach and a few players in the room take too much place. The coach as been change, Lamontagne, Stransky and CIE had been realease or trade and take a look at the team right now! Never mind bout all the thing that journalists said for the ontarian players and take a look at the team we have now!

Old
03-07-2009, 02:07 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Last night rimouski beat gatineau 7-2

17 straight win

Old
03-17-2009, 05:10 AM
Savi

Send a message via ICQ to Savi
What happened to the Q playoff tree topic?

Savi is offline   Reply With Quote