HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Tampa Bay-90 pts-22 games over .500

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2004, 11:57 AM
Sotnos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
Tortorella was never even close to losing his job.
This is true, Demers backpedalled pretty hard on his statements because he had basically made it all up!

For those whining about how healthy they are now (btw, it's up to 18 man games lost, Cullimore just missed 3) it's completely forgotten that Tampa played most of the season last year without their #1 stay at home Dman and somehow managed to get into the playoffs. Even went through a stretch with 5 dressed D-men and one of them was Darren Rumble! Who is that? Exactly my point.

They're not winning because they're healthy, they're not winning because they play in the SE, they're not winning on the backs of a few exceptional players. They're winning because they are a GOOD TEAM (emphasis on team) playing their Coach's system the way they have been taught to, I know that is hard for some of you to accept. < Insert whining here about "it's just the regular season" >

I'm not predicting anything for the post-season, but they deserve some credit for what they've done thus far this year, not all these made-up excuses.

I'm sure if they do anything in the playoffs this year, we'll spend the summer hearing cries of "Carolina!" and "fluke" from all the gurus around here. You all are so cute and predictable, god bless HF!!

Old
03-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Karl Pilkington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotnos
I'm sure if they do anything in the playoffs this year, we'll spend the summer hearing cries of "Carolina!" and "fluke" from all the gurus around here. You all are so cute and predictable, god bless HF!!
You never know.. Carolina won the SE two years ago.. they played as a TEAM.. and they had a good coach and system... but I'm gonna wait till next season (if there is one) to decide on that one..

Old
03-07-2004, 03:31 PM
joeminus

Send a message via AIM to joeminus Send a message via Yahoo to joeminus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic39
Tortorella was never even close to losing his job.

Jacques Demers refuted the claim that he had insider info saying otherwise.

According to GM Jay Feaster, the thought of letting Tortorella go never crossed his mind.
Thank you. The notion that Tortorella was ever on the hot seat is absurd.

Why must people post "with authority" about teams they obviously know very little about?

Closed Thread