HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1/10/09: "Kids Day brought to you by Dr Larry Kawa" Thrashers @ Panthers

View Poll Results: Todays Winner
Panthers 13 86.67%
Thrashers 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2009, 10:49 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
I felt sorry for Atlanta today in the remaining minutes of the game. When was the last time you could remember feeling like that for an opposing team as a Panthers fan I'm glad the shoe is finally on the other foot.

This race is going to be intense and could actually give me heart problems How will this team react to being in this position/having almost a full week off to prepare for Philly and a tough stretch of games coming up soon...

Coach's mantality that Denis Potvin was talking about...never be happy. I tend to agree with that statement/speech as a coach myself.
Id feel sorry for the Thrasher fans more. Its kinda like what we went through when we had Bure towards the end. It just sucked for so many years, and we were making mistake after mistake personnel wise. Atlanta has SO much work that needs to done, and its going to take them a few years before they right the ship, just like it did us.

Are we finally getting out of the tunnel, and not just seeing the light at the end of it? It seems that the Panthers are really putting themselves in a good position for the next decade. Its something we have been waiting for and hoping for for some time now, and it looks like its just about here!

Old
01-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
thought i'd share this with everyone... someone on the panthers boards was at the game and posted a video of froliks goal.

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=ruttoi&s=5

love the crowd view and reaction.

Old
01-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

What a great 3rd period. I think the best 3rd of the season so far. A couple of the goals Vokoun let in were not his fault but he still let in some he should have had. All in all we played completely together as a team. Some of those tic-tac-toe passing plays to score was great. Haven't seen those kind of plays for a while.

Old
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post
thought i'd share this with everyone... someone on the panthers boards was at the game and posted a video of froliks goal.

Wow, those are some great seats the director had. Awesome clip.

Old
01-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Id feel sorry for the Thrasher fans more. Its kinda like what we went through when we had Bure towards the end. It just sucked for so many years, and we were making mistake after mistake personnel wise. Atlanta has SO much work that needs to done, and its going to take them a few years before they right the ship, just like it did us.

Are we finally getting out of the tunnel, and not just seeing the light at the end of it? It seems that the Panthers are really putting themselves in a good position for the next decade. Its something we have been waiting for and hoping for for some time now, and it looks like its just about here!
Just think how much better we would have been this year if Allen was playing. I think for us to stay the course JM needs to resign Bouw. His is vital to our continued success on the backline defensively. Sure JM can trade him and get us something but we would be better off resigning him then if we traded him.

Old
01-10-2009, 11:50 PM
handbanana
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Just think how much better we would have been this year if Allen was playing. I think for us to stay the course JM needs to resign Bouw. His is vital to our continued success on the backline defensively. Sure JM can trade him and get us something but we would be better off resigning him then if we traded him.
Yes, but he's also vital offensively. Not even just for adding to the scoring, but the way he gets the puck up while also being responsible defensively would be hard to replace. Put his stellar defense and offensive qualities together and you pretty much have an irreplaceable key player.

Old
01-10-2009, 11:56 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure1096 View Post

Guys promise not to give me to much crap? Here is a video of mine from a game against the Bolts two years ago, where Pelts had a penalty shot. It was my first live penalty shot, and the video was from my seats, section 409 3w. Enjoy

Old
01-11-2009, 12:00 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

BTW...Wings score two late to beat Buffalo 3-1, so it was a great night for us Cat fans.

Old
01-11-2009, 03:21 AM
totalrecall

Congrats on spectacular game guys.. just wow

Old
01-11-2009, 05:55 AM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
For the first time in a long time I actually believe this team will make the playoffs. Pete is the reason why this team has turned it around. He has changed the mentality of this team. Although, they're not the most talented team they play as if they can win every night.

I also would like to give props to JM, a GM I've never been a big fan of. His waive/trade of Belak, a player we all liked seems to be the turning point of this season. Hopefully the Bouw situation doesn't screw up this season because unless we have a lot of injuries (knock on wood) I don't see how we can't squeak into the playoffs.

I think we'll make the playoffs for a number of reasons;

We have a lot of home games left and we've proved we can win on the road.
Our PP which has struggled seems to have found its way.
We're finally getting career years from players.
We have two good goalies.
Pete has changed the mentality of this team.
We get to play Atlanta and Tampa (no disrespect) a few more times, games that we should win.
We get to play Carolina and those four point games are going to be critical. Maybe the most important games left this season. We might be able to control our fate by winning the rest of those games.
Finally, this team seems to believe they can win every night.
I agree with you RainingRats that a lot of improvement has happened. The confidence they have found looks finally like it may be enough for winning continuously. And winning important games against teams that are ahead of us in the standings. And also winning the games they should against "worse" teams. There is a lot of promise here. And the kudos for the most part goes to PDB. Playoffs - I will not give myself permission to believe yet. But hope is there - for the first time in years.

One thing I am watching myself: the algorithm I proposed, which is just a bunch of decision rules, is geared towards the "normal" behaviour pattern of Panthers, and it's not working at all right now. Which is great!

Closed Thread