HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Teams with no hope

Old
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Crossovert*

vCash: 500
penguins, they just keep tying too much money up in a few players, also the islanders, i don't really understand thier ownership or coach

Crossovert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Okposofan21

the Islanders will be good in two years and I can care less if you think diffently.

finaplex, my man, you have to stop putting pictures of other guys on the internet while trying to convince people it's you. anyways, the leafs may have a future in toronto but that future is not bright.

Okposofan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
You sir, are a genius. I had no idea that a team who is loaded with offensive potential right now is going to be awesome in a year or two.
Funny, that's what WE said when we had Tyler Arnason, Kyle Calder, and Mark Bell coming though the system. And when we had Ethan Moreau, Dan Cleary, JY Leroux and JP Dumont.

Phoenix needs to figure out how to get Gretzky out from behind the bench. Their situation isn't *quite* as bad as the Hawks because we our GM was a stooge of the ownership too, but the situation ain't great.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:05 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 150
Lightning.

That organization is a circus.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:07 PM
LedZeppelin

Atlanta, Florida, NY islanders are all so poorly managed that they will continue to be pathetic until they overhaul the works

LedZeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dubey
Outrage Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okposofan21 View Post
the Islanders will be good in two years and I can care less if you think diffently.

finaplex, my man, you have to stop putting pictures of other guys on the internet while trying to convince people it's you. anyways, the leafs may have a future in toronto but that future is not bright.
But will the Islanders still be called the Islanders if they are relocated?

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Laraque4PM*

I think this thread begins and end with Edmonton. A bunch of stupid contracts, mediocre prospects, and no real superstar = just miss playoffs. Leaves no real good draft picks and no playoffs.

Laraque4PM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:10 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
it annoys the hell outa me when people say the Islanders have no future, Do the people that say that pay attention at all. They have a crap load of pretty good prospects and theyll have JT inacouple monthes. That plus okposo and some of our current roster players and the Isles will be contending in 2-4 years. AND They are about to get there new stadium accepted within the next few monthes.
Also how can you say any team has no hope, every team has hope some way or another.

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balance of Judgement View Post
Leafs, Islanders, Thrashers, Lightning, Kings, Panthers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
Panthers, Leafs, Thrashers, Islanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
Teams with no future whatsoever ever:

Atlanta Thrashers ... (They have a team WHY?!)

New York Islanders ... (Time to go away)

Florida Panthers ... (This team is done)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

Panthers can't hold a core together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJOSHIE09 View Post
Florida, no question. I don't know anyone who plays for Florida. Partly because of ignorance, partly because they don't have any good players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
Atlanta, Florida, NY islanders are all so poorly managed that they will continue to be pathetic until they overhaul the works

Oh yes, Florida has no hope at all. You all keep telling yourselves that.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Kessick

I find it funny that everyone says the Leafs, now that we finally have a great management team, a good coach, and some of our youth have promise. Our GM/Pres has "full autonomy" and has the mandate to rebuild (something that has never been done in Leaf history). This is the most hopeful I've felt as a Leaf fan in four years. If we complete the tear down this season, we should be able to stockpile some more talent and youth by trading players like Kaberle, Kubina, and Antropov. We're also realistically looking at a top 5 pick in this year's draft.

If it were two years ago and JFJ was still at the helm, I'd agree with you. But not anymore.

Kessick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:18 PM
nilssont

Atlanta if they dont get smth really good out of trading Kovalchuk if they will...
And as mentioned before Islanders and Panthers

nilssont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post

Oh yes, Florida has no hope at all. You all keep telling yourselves that.
I think I told myself something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
I disagree about Florida. They have a solid D corps and although Vokoun's been hitting the skids as of late, he's still better than what a lot of teams have for starting goalies. All they need is some bonafide scoring up front.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
I think I told myself something different.
I believe you had the only intelligent response wrt the Panthers.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:30 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
Teams with no future whatsoever ever:

Atlanta Thrashers ... (They have a team WHY?!)

New York Islanders ... (Time to go away)

Florida Panthers ... (This team is done)

If you guys actually think either the Leafs or Sens have no future, you're just being stupid. The Leafs now have some proper management in place with proper coaching.
Classic newb post. So the Leafs have some proper management and coaching, but the Panthers are done right? Another example of someone who has NO CLUE about the Panthers. Quite entertaining. I would take the Panthers team, coach, and management over Toronto any day. They are in better shape than the Leafs are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJOSHIE09 View Post
Florida, no question. I don't know anyone who plays for Florida. Mainly because of ignorance.
Fixed your response for you. Anyone who says Florida really has no clue whats going on in South Florida, and havent seen them play at all this year.

When I come to think of it, why am I getting all worked over these responses? They are all coming from newbs that really have no clue.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Time Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorFC-TML View Post
Leafs.

They don't have the luxury of tanking like the Tampa Bays or Phoenixs do and our prospect pool is depressingly bad.

They keep saying on the radio here we are one step above and expansion franchise. I think thats a little too optimistic to be honest.

Well I really hope TO can and is aloud to rebuild properly,meaning the fans let them.Then the rest of Canada can see thats it alright to wait and it does work if you have a competent GM. How many teams (GMs) have had a top 3 pick year after year and yet they still suck ?

Hawks and the Caps,Pens did it right.

Sure you score big once in awhile in the later rounds But if Fans have to watch horrible hockey it would sure be nice to be picking in the top 1-5 for a couple of years

Time Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
I'm sad to see hockey have such uneducated fans.

Egblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Pascal

Hmm I really disagree with Florida. They played the habs real hard the 2 times we played them. Their new coach has instilled a very good work ethic in them which is a great sign.

Booth is pretty good, Frolik is a stud... Horton is solid and Jbo should get them something good at the deadline if he's dealt.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:52 PM
MonacoBlue

Atlanta has absolutely no hope until they ditch Waddell. Why hasn't he been fired yet?! Some people seem to think it's the owners who don't care, but even they must realize that a cheap but competent GM would at least be competent.

Also, the Islanders. They need a new owner badly.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:57 PM
roc1091

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoisles39 View Post
it annoys the hell outa me when people say the Islanders have no future, Do the people that say that pay attention at all. They have a crap load of pretty good prospects and theyll have JT inacouple monthes. That plus okposo and some of our current roster players and the Isles will be contending in 2-4 years. AND They are about to get there new stadium accepted within the next few monthes.
Also how can you say any team has no hope, every team has hope some way or another.
exactly there is always hope for a team all it takes is time nd where did u hear the lighthouse was that close to being finalized

roc1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 03:59 PM
roc1091

with a salary cap no team is hopeless, maybe if it was the old nhl i would agree on some of these teams but the new nhl is designed so every one has a shot to be good either now or a few years from now

roc1091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:00 PM
macleod50

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
Iam not knocking anybodys favorite team, and while many could take pot shots thats not what Iam trying to do.

As for the Islanders, there another team that doesnt have a decent future
Not bad enough to get a high draft pick, but a talent base that is frighteningly stale.

Atlanta has a team?

Looked at the standings lately? Islanders will finish in the bottom 5 this year and probably next year. Almost assuredly netting themselves good picks (let the Snow trading down jokes begin). The main question marks of the team are DiPietro and the new arena project.

I don't think there is any team with "no hope."

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:01 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Classic newb post. So the Leafs have some proper management and coaching, but the Panthers are done right? Another example of someone who has NO CLUE about the Panthers. Quite entertaining. I would take the Panthers team, coach, and management over Toronto any day. They are in better shape than the Leafs are.

Fixed your response for you. Anyone who says Florida really has no clue whats going on in South Florida, and havent seen them play at all this year.

When I come to think of it, why am I getting all worked over these responses? They are all coming from newbs that really have no clue.
Florida has Jacques Martin as their GM (enough said)

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:02 PM
pattyb91

Send a message via AIM to pattyb91
Quote:
Originally Posted by roc1091 View Post
exactly there is always hope for a team all it takes is time nd where did u hear the lighthouse was that close to being finalized
well my uncle works for nassau county and goes to all the meetings for the lighthouse and he said right now it looks for shore the isles will stay here its just the matter of working everything out. and i sent a email to kate murray and they said that rightnow they are looking at the enviremental stuff although this stage will take along time its one of the final stages. So i might of exaggerated by saying acouple monthes but definatly within the next year

pattyb91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
and what has JM done wrong as the GM (if you bring up the luongo thing... that was keenan, he was fired soon after that)?

Bure1096 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2009, 04:05 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONACOBLUE View Post
Atlanta has absolutely no hope until they ditch Waddell. Why hasn't he been fired yet?! Some people seem to think it's the owners who don't care, but even they must realize that a cheap but competent GM would at least be competent.
A couple of things on DW:
1. It is rumored that he actually was signed to an extension last year(the Thrashers never announce this kind of things)
2. While everyone wants him out, I doubt they will make any moves in management until the lawsuit between the owners is settled in February.

That being said, their drafting team appears to have turned things around over the last 5 years or so. They have lots of good young defenseman in the NHL, and in the system. They have a good crop of G prospects with Pavelec and Kangas in the system. Little appears to be a star in the making at 21 years of age, but their real prospect weakness is at Top 6 F potential. They have a bunch of decent grinder/PK F types in the system that should be NHL ready in the next couple of years.

Whoever follows DW as GM will have plenty to work with, and they will either have Kovalchuk or have a nice group of picks and prospects in return for trading him.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote