HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van - Mon

Old
06-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
That's like saying Schneider > Halak right now.

Why would taht be the same? Schneider is a d-man and Halak a goalie.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Sorry I wasn't more clear.

This Schneider:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/hockey_...ects/?start=10

(ranked 15th - Hockey's Future Top 50 NHL Prospects).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Payaso619*

Quote:
lol, he meant Cory Schneider, our goalie prospect.

Payaso619* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
oh boy, that's embarrassing.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
God
Free Citizen

Oh I'm so glad we're back on angry speaking terms. I really missed the animosity between fanbases. Yes, you suck, yadda yadda!

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
LOL good one!

No really, Edler would be lucky to match what Subban is probably going to do in the NHL. Subban is a young Paul Coffey with a sense for defence. Edler will not be Ohlund, forget about that. He is probably maxed out already.

Maybe you should have come to the Civic Center the last couple of years and see him play when he was in town.
Quote:
I wouldn't do that simply because Subban has a higher ceiling.
MonacoBlue, look up.. This is what I'm talking about. You personally have some very good points but 90% of the Habs fans in this post have just made themselves look foolish. Why? Well, they probably don't even know who Edler is and are so high on PK they don't know any better.

Sargent Pepper, no, just no. You haven't seen Edler play have you? He's already a top 4 guy in the NHL, not a top 4 guy in the OHL. Edler is a SURE THING already, and at 23 you can assume he is probably going to get better as he gains experience as thats a pretty typical situation. PK is a good prospect but far from a sure thing; not all good prospects translate to the NHL. Edler is solid defensively and plays the penalty kill.. Has a rocket shot 3 mph off the record.. And has incredible size without sacrificing mobility. He has a very HIGH ceiling.

Carey Price, I'm not sure what you base this on. Because Edler was a 3rd round pick? Edler was a steal in the 3rd round, I'm glad we finally got one. Edler has a high ceiling and is already a contributing NHL'er; there is a big question mark around PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
And Vancouver prospect are never overrated and never declared untouchables ?
Only guy is Hodgson really... Haha, Vancouver fans declare their prospects busts more often than they over rate them.

Only other guy is Schnieder. Only reason he'd be untouchable is cuz were not sure what Luongo is doing and he's our plan B. If Lu re-signs, he's gone.

Luck 6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
I would give it alot more consideration if Luongo has no intentions of re-signing.

Anyhow, the point of my reply to that other post is why would you turn down a deal involving a player that can play now (2nd pairing minutes for the past two seasons) with arguably similiar upside as a prospect who hasn't even played one year in the AHL?

Assume Luongo was a UFA this season - sure, I'd agree with that trade prosposal.
I'd do Subban and a 2nd for Edler and a 7th. I'd do Edler and the 7th for Halak and Subban (even though Halak's value is pretty much a 2nd rounder and there's no need for him in Vancouver) Cause I'd then pray the habs would draft Janus with that 7th.

Quote:
What the hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post

Only guy is Hodgson really... Haha, Vancouver fans declare their prospects busts more often than they over rate them.

Only other guy is Schnieder. Only reason he'd be untouchable is cuz were not sure what Luongo is doing and he's our plan B. If Lu re-signs, he's gone.
Those are 2 of the 3 I meant. The other is Grabner. Other than that I think Vancouver fans are the first ones in to say a prospect of theirs sucks.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 05:35 PM
JesseCarlson39

Have been on my blackberry storm all day trying to get confirmation on this, abut actually it wasnt Sam Fincham it was the rights to Greg Wire. Figure they can sign him for less but get his great electrition services out him too. Win win situation

JesseCarlson39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:01 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis65 View Post
It is not a moot point. Until players are signed Montreal has a weak defense. By adding a player of Edler's caliber at the cost of a pick and Subban it would be a steal for Montreal. I hope I dont have to explain why trading for a defenseman with a signed contract is more of a sure thing then hoping to land a good FA defenseman.

And the Northeast was any better? Outside of Boston the rest of the Division was junk this year. Montreal was second in the Division and made the playoffs by virtue of a tie breaker! They would have finished a distant 3rd in the "sh*tty" Northwest!

You are not sold on the Canucks offense? Please... That one is getting really old. Vancouver is NOT an offensive dynamo. No one will ever say that. But they are far from a weak offense. Whether you are sold on it or not is irrelevant. Vancouver has a middlish NHL offense and I am satisfied with that. Now if we fail to sign the Sedin's we may very well fall back into the bottom of NHL offenses. For all the same reasons why I say Montreal's D is currently weak.

When did I even mention Burrows? Are we not getting a little off topic now? Can the Canucks upgrade their offense? Sure.... but how is this relevant to the topic at hand? Higgins? How does he get involved in this topic?
I think we should trade you Higgins and our 7th rounder for Hodgson and your 2nd rounder.Right now the Nucks have no offence at all.Your not bad on the D
Nucks top line consist of Bernier-Demitra-Burrows which is just bad.Adding a player of Higgins caliber at the cost of a pick and Hodgson would be a steal for a team like the Nucks lacking offense .

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Other than that I think Vancouver fans are the first ones in to say a prospect of theirs sucks.
Prospect depth is pretty shallow. Results of previous regime(s) tendency to deal away draft picks for questionable rentals (as well as probably one worst sets of scouts covering Canada in recent memory).

Old
06-17-2009, 06:26 PM
vancityluongo
weeoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Oh I'm so glad we're back on angry speaking terms. I really missed the animosity between fanbases. Yes, you suck, yadda yadda!
I know eh? I now half expect a "Sundin to Montreal (e5)" thread to pop-up any second, and watch this board implode.

vancityluongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 08:23 PM
settinguptheplay
Classless Canuck Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlue View Post
So I guess we call Vancouver a really weak team offensively since they don't have the Sedins signed? I don't believe that they will leave, and I don't feel there is even a need to entertain the thought. It would be a useless exercise in unnecessary pessimism. Yes, the Habs would like Edler, but NO the Habs are not in any trouble as your quote about the Habs' weak defense would imply.
I already answered this. You must have missed my post

Quote:
Now if we fail to sign the Sedin's we may very well fall back into the bottom of NHL offenses. For all the same reasons why I say Montreal's D is currently weak.
Quote:
Except the Habs have proven to be very good when they're healthy over the last 2 years. It's more than just a stretch. Healthy team = good team.

On the other hand, you just CANNOT judge a team when half the roster is nursing some kind of injury. Maybe if it was a couple of injuries, but it's a write-off when your top center, top defenseman, top PP shooter and top LW amongst others are injured.
Where have I said Montreal has not been a good team? You keep bringing things up that I have never said.

As far as injuries go I never said I didnt agree with you. All I said is Vancouver was hit just as hard, if not harder, than Montreal was 2 years ago. Not a single Monteal fan wanted to hear our excuses. We were told to "deal with it" over and over. I am NOT telling you to "deal with it" because I understand your point. I was simply comparing seasons of Montreals last to Vancouver's of 2 years ago. Remember we too had just come off a Division title before having our Defense smashed to bit for the year....

The expected top 6 on Vancouvers D last year did not play a single healthy game all year.... There may have been 1 at the start of the year but not I dont remember for sure. At one point in the season Salo was the only D from our top 6 that was playing! Salo!!!! Can you see the irony in that? We had 3~5 AHL D on our starting roster for most the year. We were also missing pieces of our top 6 for stretches last year. Our 2nd line center played only 39 games for example....

Are you seeing the similarities yet? Maybe Vancouver fans arent such blind homers afterall. So lets be clear. I never said Montreal was a bad team. I said their Defense, signed as of now, is weak. Just as I said Vancouvers Offense will be if they lose the Sedin's.

settinguptheplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:18 PM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiensfan1909 View Post
This is a joke that will never happen!! Mtl ant let go of subban n if they do not cheap like that haha maybe they'll give u o'byrne n 4th for edler n 7th
I now hate all Canadiens fans because of you.

PK Subban is still in the CHL while Alex Edler is a hulking stud who put up 37 points in 80 games as a 23-year-old defenseman. He also put up 8 points in 10 playoff games for the Canucks as of recently.

King of Anarchy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:

Are you seeing the similarities yet? Maybe Vancouver fans arent such blind homers afterall. So lets be clear. I never said Montreal was a bad team. I said their Defense, signed as of now, is weak. Just as I said Vancouvers Offense will be if they lose the Sedin's.
Why say this, though? Neither of those things matter. Vancouver WILL sign the Sedins. Montreal WILL fill out their defense. Like I said, an unnecessary exercise in pessimism. Not needed.

As for the people who had problems with Vancouver, most of it is the fault of Nucks fans who thought they would be a contender with Sundin. Which is IMO ridiculous and still is. And this is not based on injuries but, yes, on their forward core. I don't think anyone knocked Vancouver's D. It was always about the forwards.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
As for the people who had problems with Vancouver, most of it is the fault of Nucks fans who thought they would be a contender with Sundin.
To be fair, we heard our share from some Hab fans with equally ridiculous claims.

Old
06-17-2009, 11:01 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
To be fair, we heard our share from some Hab fans with equally ridiculous claims.
Well, there are some pretty stupid Habs fans out there. I don't think there's any questioning that...Hell, they even boo their own team and make fun of their number 1 goalie.

Old
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Barney Gumble

Those "epic Sundin" threads didn't do alot for either fanbase unfortunately....anyhow, it's accurate to say no fanbase has a monopoly on behaving badly...

Both teams GMs are likely concentrating more on re-signing guys & the upcoming draft rather than dealing players at this time.

Old
06-17-2009, 11:41 PM
MonacoBlue

Quote:
Those "epic Sundin" threads didn't do alot for either fanbase unfortunately....anyhow, it's accurate to say no fanbase has a monopoly on behaving badly...

Both teams GMs are likely concentrating more on re-signing guys & the upcoming draft rather than dealing players at this time.
No ****...are you worried about losing the Sedins, Ohlund and and whoever else? I don't think you should be. I'm not really worried about the Habs' UFAs, either. Nobody has re-signed their players yet. I have to wonder: what have the GMs being doing other than prepping for the draft? No Havlat re-signing...or Oduya...or Beauchemin...or anyone at all.

Old
06-18-2009, 12:05 AM
quat

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
I think we should trade you Higgins and our 7th rounder for Hodgson and your 2nd rounder.Right now the Nucks have no offence at all.Your not bad on the D
Nucks top line consist of Bernier-Demitra-Burrows which is just bad.Adding a player of Higgins caliber at the cost of a pick and Hodgson would be a steal for a team like the Nucks lacking offense .
Well I suppose your example makes sense if you really equate PK Subban to Cody Hodgson.

Just because both players played last season in junior and were drafted in the same year doesn't mean they have the same value... obviously.

Also, comparing Higgins to Edler? Really?

Would anyone on HF take Subban and Higgins over Edler and Hodgson? No offense, but I doubt anyone is that dumb.... and put me as being not completely in favor of Hodgson playing on the Canucks roster next season.

quat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:30 AM
spennygg18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargent Pepper View Post
LOL good one!

No really, Edler would be lucky to match what Subban is probably going to do in the NHL. Subban is a young Paul Coffey with a sense for defence. Edler will not be Ohlund, forget about that. He is probably maxed out already.

Maybe you should have come to the Civic Center the last couple of years and see him play when he was in town.
HAHAHAH!!!!! YES!!! /thread HAHAH

spennygg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Quagmier

Quote:
Well, there are some pretty stupid Habs fans out there. I don't think there's any questioning that...Hell, they even boo their own team and make fun of their number 1 goalie.
OH YAH??? Name me ONE????

Quote:
Subban is a young Paul Coffey with a sense for defence.
...I'll just let myself out

Quagmier is offline   Reply With Quote