HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jones Needs to GO ASAP!!

Old
01-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Kambo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i remember screaming "you suck bundy" down at the ice and everyone around me looking on encouragingly. well you know who plays just like bundy? vaananen. how good a player is or isnt doesnt affect whether or not your gonna be the guy the fans choose to hate. somebodys gotta be the whipping boy. on a team that had fitzpoorly or slowdry some guys just needed to hate on jones. he wasnt drafted let alone a high pick so theres no people to balance out the haters with hype. other than get better every year and get 30 pts i dont know what the guy has to do to prove he belongs in the nhl. is he an allstar? no. but hes a decent 4/5 guy who can move the puck a little. is he overpaid? yeah. is he better than alberts vaananen kukkonen parent and so far this year coburn. yeah. with the exception of coburn he Deserves more money than those guys.
Say what?! Why is it we had no problem without him, and since his return things kind of seem to be falling apart? I'm not placing all the blame on the D, but come on, think about it. Same **** happened when Briere came back and went out again. We were doing fine without him, and by no means is he better then Vaananen. Alberts at least has grit, Jones has none. Kukks block shots, Jones stands there and watches pucks go in the net. Coburn hasn't been too good this year, but I think he needs to be put back on a pairing with Kimmo. We saw his potential, and Jones doesn't have it. He flat out sucks. And not much of a case can be made against Parent, due to the fact that he hasn't played a game on the Flyers yet this year. No idea why you bothered mentioning him.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 04:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Jones is not and has never been better than Vaananen or Coburn

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 04:22 PM
South Beach

I have nothing but disgust for people screaming stupid stuff at the players on the ice. As far as I'm concerned they are just glory seekers. Hey, look at me, I'm either very immature or drunk and I need an audience.

I was at a game last year when such a person was in front of me and was on Hatcher's case real bad, saying some pretty disgusting things. Two young girls in front of him kept turning around and looking. They sure didn't look happy, actually looked very sad. As it turned out they were his daughters and after awhile because these "glory seekers" wouldn't stop, their mother took them away. It's pretty bad when his family can't even watch their father play hockey. Just because you bought a ticket does not give you the right to be beligerent. The same thing happend to Briere's family. Absolute disrespect. I've seen it, it's really not funny.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 04:23 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpaxil View Post
i remember screaming "you suck bundy" down at the ice and everyone around me looking on encouragingly. well you know who plays just like bundy? vaananen. how good a player is or isnt doesnt affect whether or not your gonna be the guy the fans choose to hate. somebodys gotta be the whipping boy. on a team that had fitzpoorly or slowdry some guys just needed to hate on jones. he wasnt drafted let alone a high pick so theres no people to balance out the haters with hype. other than get better every year and get 30 pts i dont know what the guy has to do to prove he belongs in the nhl. is he an allstar? no. but hes a decent 4/5 guy who can move the puck a little. is he overpaid? yeah. is he better than alberts vaananen kukkonen parent and so far this year coburn. yeah. with the exception of coburn he Deserves more money than those guys.
I cant believe you just said Jones > Vaananen. When Jones does something right, I might acknowledge him. I dont see Jones diving in the of the net saving shots when Biron is out of position. I dont see Jones playing on the 1st pairing with Kimmo. You are the only person here that thinks that sadly.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Raffl House

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Beach View Post
I have nothing but disgust for people screaming stupid stuff at the players on the ice. As far as I'm concerned they are just glory seekers. Hey, look at me, I'm either very immature or drunk and I need an audience.

I was at a game last year when such a person was in front of me and was on Hatcher's case real bad, saying some pretty disgusting things. Two young girls in front of him kept turning around and looking. They sure didn't look happy, actually looked very sad. As it turned out they were his daughters and after awhile because these "glory seekers" wouldn't stop, their mother took them away. It's pretty bad when his family can't even watch their father play hockey. Just because you bought a ticket does not give you the right to be beligerent. The same thing happend to Briere's family. Absolute disrespect. I've seen it, it's really not funny.

You know, I first read this and my knee-jerk reaction was "you know, he's right...its pretty awful."

Then I thought to myself, these people have more talent, more money, and more opportunity than a lot of people will probably ever have. They can afford to put their kids in a press box or something and not have to deal with it. When they stink up the joint, we boo or say things that aren't very nice. Guess what, thats been happening for thousands of years. Romans used to boo gladiators all the time and not much has changed -- at least we don't decide a persons life based on it.

When you are a professional athlete, people tend to be emotionally attached to your sport. If you can't take the heat, which as far as I'm concerned, is a large portion of the complete makeup of any professional athlete, then you shouldn't be doing that job. I think a lot of the **** that people say isn't right by any means, and there should be a line drawn at some point, but booing and general jeers in my opinion are fine. I paid money for the seat and I don't believe it says anywhere on the ticket that I can only cheer and say positive things while at the arena...

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 04:33 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForsbergIsOdin View Post
Exactly. I was saying it in terms of value to the team. Just because Jones has 30 some points doesnt mean he's better then Vaananen though.
Gotcha, I didnt read the chain of messages....I agree. With Timonen, Carle, Sbisa, Jones is redundant.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 04:36 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I agree with this statement 110%!
Thank you for taking the words outta my mouth Johnsson.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 04:39 PM
South Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
You know, I first read this and my knee-jerk reaction was "you know, he's right...its pretty awful."

Then I thought to myself, these people have more talent, more money, and more opportunity than a lot of people will probably ever have. They can afford to put their kids in a press box or something and not have to deal with it. When they stink up the joint, we boo or say things that aren't very nice. Guess what, thats been happening for thousands of years. Romans used to boo gladiators all the time and not much has changed -- at least we don't decide a persons life based on it.

When you are a professional athlete, people tend to be emotionally attached to your sport. If you can't take the heat, which as far as I'm concerned, is a large portion of the complete makeup of any professional athlete, then you shouldn't be doing that job. I think a lot of the **** that people say isn't right by any means, and there should be a line drawn at some point, but booing and general jeers in my opinion are fine. I paid money for the seat and I don't believe it says anywhere on the ticket
that I can only cheer and say positive things while at the arena...

There is absolutely nothing you can say to justify some of the trash that goes on by some people. The players on the ice don't even hear you, it's the family and friends that suffer and money doesn't make up for that. So when someone is hollering, it's for their own self gratification and attention seeking. Give your speech to Hatcher's little girls or Briere's boys or even Jones family." I'm sure they would all like to enjoy the game as well.

South Beach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Raffl House

Quote:
There is absolutely nothing you can say to justify some of the trash that goes on by some people. The players on the ice don't even hear you, it's the family and friends that suffer and money doesn't make up for that. So when someone is hollering, it's for their own self gratification and attention seeking. Give your speech to Hatcher's little girls or Briere's boys or even Jones family." I'm sure they would all like to enjoy the game as well.
I don't disagree, but again, you have to expect it. This isn't a play or the movie theater. If it was, there would be explicit instructions on what to do, or even an unspoken rule about what you can and can't do. More specifically, at a movie or play, you don't use your cell phone. You don't talk at all. If you get up to leave you do so quietly. People who violate these rules are generally yelled at or have popcorn thrown at them, or whatever the case may be.

I don't have to give my speech to Hatcher's little girls because frankly, I don't care. I know better than to bring my children that I may have one day to some sporting event where I feel there is going to be cursing or carrying-on.

Now, again, I did say some of the things people say are just out of line. I don't hear every bad thing that is said, but I can only conjure up one or two instances where I think the line has been crossed. I've been to hundreds of sporting events.

By the way, the whole story about Hatcher's kids do not make much sense. The beligerent idiot should have been removed, not Hatcher's kids. If I were his mom, I'd walk right up to the usher in that section, show her who I am, and say "so and so has been screaming this and that for the past however amount of time." He'd be gone faster than you can say "Lets go Flyers."

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:14 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
If only I lived closer I would tell them straight to their face that as an NHL hockey player "HE SUCKS" But as a person I am not to sure and wont comment on that. After tonight "THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN SAY TO JUSTIFY" ANY DIFFERENT

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
I dub thee Captain Obvious

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Gert B Frobe

late third period Jones gets the puck wide open at the right point with a Flyer and a couple Panthers screening the goalie - Nobody is within 15 feet of him. He winds up and lets go with the softest slapshot I have ever seen from an NHL defenseman. WHY does Stevens put him on the 1st pp unit??? I understand he is trying to work him back up to speed but the guy has NO shot from the point.

I can shoot the puck a lot harder than he can and I SUCK at hockey compared to those guys.

He had a least 3 horrible pinches at the worst possible time. His play BLOWS since he came back. Let him suck for the Phantoms until he's ready Stevens you dolt. This team is a lot worse with him on the ice compared to Sbisa or Kukkonen. For every 5 minutes of ice time he gives the opposition 1 golden opportunity.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:38 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Quote:
Like others have said thiS statement could not be anymore accurate. Anyone who believes any different is living in denial.

Coburn maybe playing below what we expect from him compared to last year but he is still alot better than Jones IMO. Vaananen has been SOLID his entire time here. Nothing fancy but great in his own end. We need another one just like him as far as I am concerned. Parent needs to be brought up and Sbisa sent back to Jrs ASAP. Jones needs traded, waived, shot, kneecapped maybe all of the aboveI just dont care anymore really.

JONES SUCKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Old
01-16-2009, 10:39 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
late third period Jones gets the puck wide open at the right point with a Flyer and a couple Panthers screening the goalie - Nobody is within 15 feet of him. He winds up and lets go with the softest slapshot I have ever seen from an NHL defenseman. WHY does Stevens put him on the 1st pp unit??? I understand he is trying to work him back up to speed but the guy has NO shot from the point.

I can shoot the puck a lot harder than he can and I SUCK at hockey compared to those guys.

He had a least 3 horrible pinches at the worst possible time. His play BLOWS since he came back. Let him suck for the Phantoms until he's ready Stevens you dolt. This team is a lot worse with him on the ice compared to Sbisa or Kukkonen. For every 5 minutes of ice time he gives the opposition 1 golden opportunity.
Does cutting a rut to the penalty box count? lmao.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 10:40 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRockU View Post
Like others have said thiS statement could not be anymore accurate. Anyone who believes any different is living in denial.

Coburn maybe playing below what we expect from him compared to last year but he is still alot better than Jones IMO. Vaananen has been SOLID his entire time here. Nothing fancy but great in his own end. We need another one just like him as far as I am concerned. Parent needs to be brought up and Sbisa sent back to Jrs ASAP. Jones needs traded, waived, shot, kneecapped maybe all of the aboveI just dont care anymore really.

JONES SUCKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Vaananen has 2 or 3 highlight real saves to his credit. lmao.

Old
01-16-2009, 10:49 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Did anyone else notice who was playing the majority of the PK at the end of the third and who also started the overtime??? If anyone guessed Jones you would be right. How can anyone in their right mind not realize that Stevens favors Jones?? I noticed after both of Jones' retarded penalties that he was right back out on the ice as well. If that was Upshall or Lupul they would be anchored to the bench and that is horsesh*t!!!.

Old
01-16-2009, 10:53 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRockU View Post
Did anyone else notice who was playing the majority of the PK at the end of the third and who also started the overtime??? If anyone guessed Jones you would be right. How can anyone in their right mind realize that Stevens favors Jones?? It was mentioned after both of Jones' retarded penalties that he was right back out on the ice as well. If that was Upshall or Lupul they would be anchored to the bench.
*shrugs shoulders* honestly id like to see them both hit the road. the flyers have 8 nhl caliber defensemen and stevens has no idea how to use them.

Kimmo
Coburn
Carle
Ossi
Alberts
Parent
Kukks
Sbisa

Yet jones who isnt on this list, seems to be #1 or 2 on Stevens...

Old
01-16-2009, 11:07 PM
AaronTrieu

I think stevens is just hoping he picks up his play so we can trade his ass

AaronTrieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post

Then I thought to myself, these people have more talent, more money, and more opportunity than a lot of people will probably ever have.
They can afford to put their kids in a press box or something and not have to deal with it. When they stink up the joint, we boo or say things that aren't very nice. Guess what, thats been happening for thousands of years. Romans used to boo gladiators all the time and not much has changed -- at least we don't decide a persons life based on it.

When you are a professional athlete, people tend to be emotionally attached to your sport. If you can't take the heat, which as far as I'm concerned, is a large portion of the complete makeup of any professional athlete, then you shouldn't be doing that job. I think a lot of the **** that people say isn't right by any means, and there should be a line drawn at some point, but booing and general jeers in my opinion are fine. I paid money for the seat and I don't believe it says anywhere on the ticket that I can only cheer and say positive things while at the arena...

That should take care of that. Well said, although some fans can be real ass-clowns sometimes. The booing comes with the territory. If it was me, my kids could watch me at home in hi-def.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2009, 11:36 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronTrieu View Post
I think stevens is just hoping he picks up his play so we can trade his ass
that actually might be a realistic outcome. i could certainly see the team showcasing jones hoping someone will show some interest. too bad jones has been mediocre at best lately.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

Since Jones was leading the "who has played his last game as a FLyer" thread, I thought I would bump this one before it dropped to the second page.

Anyways it does look like the majority of fans on this board besides tytech, JXC, Mountainhawk and that forzanazurri or whatever the heck his handle is, really want to see Jones go. But how many REALLY think that it is a distinct possibility?? I am kind of on the fence on this one personally. As much as I would love to see Jones gone I think Kambos avatar says it best And it ticks me off to no end

Last week I was being laughed at for not caring if we got a 7th round pick or waived his ass. This week people arre saying they would be surprised if we got a 6th for him. It just seems that opinions change very quickly around here