HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ottawa/Columbus

Old
01-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Well right now i see it as Leclaire is right now a backup and Brassard has never been a first line center in the NHL.
Spezza is better than Brassard and as far as i'm concern Brassard will never be near the player Spezza is.Brassard will be a good player throughout his career but will also be injury prone.On Leclaire . He had a great last season. So. Whats he doing now . There have been a few goalies that have had a great 1st yr and then just went away. They both may turn out to be pretty good but if i'm Ott i don't take a chance on that with Spezza to lose.Ott has Elliott waiting in the wings so Leclaire is not needed so this trades breaks down in terms of need for the Sens Spezza for Brassard and Spezza is on another level compared to Brassard.Hell if you thinks thats all that Spezza is worth then the Habs will just offer up Plekanec, Hakak and we'll through in McDonagh or Subban. A much better offer than what your offering. A starting goalie,2nd line center and a future star d-man. See i can add tags to players too. It's to bad the Sens probably wouldn't take that offer either.
As it actually turns out reports have been coming out lately that the coaching staff is saying that Leclaire's injury in pre-season has been affecting his play all season even though Leclaire was denying it. I actually believe the coaching staff because Leclaire hasn't looked anywhere like he even looked the 2nd half of last season. Brassard was a first line center when he played this year soon. I'm pretty sure he was in the top 25 in scoring the majority of his season as well. Oh and I'm not offering anything by the way. If you haven't noticed I'm not a GM and these "trade proposal" things are completely retarded. The tags were used to let you know that these players are not just quantity they are definitely quality. Feel free to try again or fail again, it's up to you.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Dionysus

vCash: 50
How about Spezza for Voracek, Russel, and CBJ 1st?

Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Frankly, I'm not interested in Spezza at all, mostly 'cause of Hitch's reaction to him in the World Championships. Yes, Hitch was interested at the prospect of molding the guy into a real two-way player (he can do it, too - see Nash, Rick), but that'd take time that I don't think we have.

Incidentally, Brassard might be considered more valuable to the CBJ for now for two reasons:
1) he's been with the organization and thus there's no transition/chemistry issues, and
2) he's still on a rookie contract; that can't be said for Spezza.

As for other suggestions... on a personal level, I'd love to see Heatley in union blue. Realistically, though, the assets it'd take to get him should be spent on things we need more, like centers and offensive D.
(That, and if Murray trades Heatley and keeps Spezza I think he's f###ing insane. )

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:19 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
While talking with a friend about Steve Mason, we realized that Columbus didn't need Pascal Leclaire anymore since Mason is backstopping them to their first playoff spot ever.

To Columbus: Jason Spezza

To Ottawa: Pascal Leclaire, Derick Brassard, Cody Goloubef

Why Colombus does it: They have Mason so then don't really need Leclaire anymore.
But Pazzy at the moment makes a nice backup. What happens if Mason goes down? Norrena is gone and I don't think LaCosta is a solid backup.

We'd need a serviceable backup coming the other way.

CBJSprague24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:35 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

word around Columbus is, as much as we'd love to enlist his services, Spezza's contract is too rich for our blood with the re-signings we have to consider in the not-so-distant future

not to mention that injury or no injury, Brass isn't going anywhere

PCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:37 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Columbus bends over and takes it up the rear.

Take out Brassard, and they do it.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:38 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Spezza is better than Brassard and as far as i'm concern Brassard will never be near the player Spezza is.

Brassard has been out since Dec. 20 and had 25 pts with a +12

Spezza currently sits at 33 pts and a -7

just sayin

PCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:42 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
Brassard has been out since Dec. 20 and had 25 pts with a +12

Spezza currently sits at 33 pts and a -7

just sayin
20 odd games doesnt make ones career

last year Lee looked like he was going to be on the top pairing for ottawa yet he isnt there yet

Brassard started to cool down a bit aswell

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:44 PM
HSF

here is one from ek

To Ott

Nash, Leclair

To CBJ

Spezza, Volch

:p

Old
01-11-2009, 03:54 PM
BZArcher

I can certainly believe that Murray might have proposed that to Howson when Howson called up to ask exactly what they're looking to get for Spezza, and I can also believe that Howson laughed his ass off and hung up.

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 03:59 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
I can certainly believe that Murray might have proposed that to Howson when Howson called up to ask exactly what they're looking to get for Spezza, and I can also believe that Howson laughed his ass off and hung up.
actually CBJ is interested in Spezza since they think they can turn him into a complete center al la Yzerman and Modano.

Hitchcock is the guy that was coaching him in the WC

anyways value wise this is probably alright for both teams, though i am not totally sold in Nash and his scoring effectiveness compared to Spezza and i would hate to give up Volch who is our best defender. Though Nash brings other intangibles than Spezza and both are huge at like 6'4"

though i dont think Ottawa wants a goalie nor do i think CBJ wants a defensive defender.

It all depends on if CBJ management thinks that Filatov and Voracek have a high ceiling that Nash, but not sure if they want to mess with team chemistry

Old
01-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Columbus bends over and takes it up the rear.

Take out Brassard, and they do it.
Take out Brassard and Ottawa laughs and stops answering Columbus' calls.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
actually CBJ is interested in Spezza since they think they can turn him into a complete center al la Yzerman and Modano.

Hitchcock is the guy that was coaching him in the WC
Eight posts before yours...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Frankly, I'm not interested in Spezza at all, mostly 'cause of Hitch's reaction to him in the World Championships. Yes, Hitch was interested at the prospect of molding the guy into a real two-way player (he can do it, too - see Nash, Rick), but that'd take time that I don't think we have.
Benching the guy and throwing him on the fourth line indicates that Hitch feels Spezza is not ready *now*. If we're trading for someone like that, we need someone who's ready - if not *now*, then *soon*, and I got the impression that Hitch felt Spezza would be a longer-term project. An extremely rewarding one, to be sure, but still longer-term.

We'd be better off with the not-quite-as-long-term project we already have.

Old
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
here is one from ek

To Ott

Nash, Leclair

To CBJ

Spezza, Volch

:p
We have a nice space in the rafters next to Mr. Mac's banner waiting for Howson's body in case of trades like that.

(Don't you love it when they come up with trade ideas that both fanbases find detestable? )

Old
01-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Asquaredx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Incidentally, Brassard might be considered more valuable to the CBJ for now for two reasons:
1) he's been with the organization and thus there's no transition/chemistry issues, and
2) he's still on a rookie contract; that can't be said for Spezza.

As for other suggestions... on a personal level, I'd love to see Heatley in union blue. Realistically, though, the assets it'd take to get him should be spent on things we need more, like centers and offensive D.
(That, and if Murray trades Heatley and keeps Spezza I think he's f###ing insane. )
Why? Spezza's better, cheaper and younger.

Asquaredx2 is offline   Reply With Quote