HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Therrien still feels secure despite 7th loss in past 8 games

Old
01-12-2009, 07:44 AM
nhl guru

vCash: 500
No. Fire him. NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

nhl guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:11 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

But he was a Jack Adams finalist like 2 years ago! And remember that huge turnaround from when he took over coaching the team! Or how about the Stanley Cup run!

...people used to tell me that this stuff meant something.

These things probably didn't have much to do with inheriting some of the richest talent in the recent past....right?

IHWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

He was what they needed when the team was full of wide-eyed, young superstars in the making who needed a kick in the ass and some direction. Now they're big boys who need someone to tell them what to do X's and O's-wise.

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Flinch*

I believe a chicken's body will still run around a while after the head has been removed.

Hopefully what I just said will have some relevance with the Pens and you guys.

Flinch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
I believe a chicken's body will still run around a while after the head has been removed.

Hopefully what I just said will have some relevance with the Pens and you guys.
I am failing to see a substantive connection between a hockey team and a chicken.

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

That would explain why we keep laying eggs...

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
That would explain why we keep laying eggs...
Very true. And since chickens stop laying eggs after their heads are cut off ... ummm, i guess .... Fire Therrien?

Old
01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Talbot View Post
Very true. And since chickens stop laying eggs after their heads are cut off ... ummm, i guess .... Fire Therrien?
I'm assuming that an egg laid by a headless chicken is some sort of delicacy.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:00 PM
Flinch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Talbot View Post
I am failing to see a substantive connection between a hockey team and a chicken.
Michel Therrien believes that he has job security and that he's perfectly fine.

Now apply the chicken analogy I made to him.

Make more sense, or do I need to hold your hand further?

Flinch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
WVP

So....Therrien's head is not really attached?!

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 04:17 PM
moonknight31

yea im pretty sure that MT is gonna be axed soon cuz pretty much anytime a coach says he is safe he is gone within a few weeks

moonknight31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 06:45 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHWR View Post
But he was a Jack Adams finalist like 2 years ago! And remember that huge turnaround from when he took over coaching the team! Or how about the Stanley Cup run!

These things probably didn't have much to do with inheriting some of the richest talent in the recent past....right?
Oh the memories.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 06:50 PM
cassius

Quote:

haha, gotta love rubbing it into the hardcore MT supporters.

The emperor has no clothes!

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 06:51 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownExile View Post
Oh the memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
haha, gotta love rubbing it into the hardcore MT supporters.

The emperor has no clothes!
Given an infinite timeline...I will always be correct at some point.

When I muster some work ethic I'll dig up some classic quotes about MT.

Old
01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Truth be told, this is one of those situations I wish I had been 100% wrong about. Nobody wanted the team to turn around and prove me wrong more than, well, me.

HandshakeLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Uncle Jorgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Michel Therrien believes that he has job security and that he's perfectly fine.

Now apply the chicken analogy I made to him.

Make more sense, or do I need to hold your hand further?
Ok, i understand now who you're making the analogy about. And it's still pretty bad. Sorry.

Old
01-13-2009, 08:18 AM
SomeDude

I don't understand why people assume that Shero refuses to fire MT. The only stipulation he had when hired was that Therrien would remain the coach. Obviously the ownership is high on him and for whatever reason Shero is taking the blame from a lot of people for it.

SomeDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Gooch

I saw a snippet on tiops saying
Quote:
NHL: Source: Results needed but Lemieux gives Therrien a vote of confidence Inside Access
I refuse to pay for that site so I don't know what the rest says.

If this is infact true I am slowly losing respect for Lemieux who was completely infallable to me earlier.

I am just so damn frustrated with this crap coach. It seems like he can do whatever the hell he wants and not ever have his job in question. It almost seems like he is even freaking cocky about it. How long is management going to sit on their damn laurels while we slowly slip out of any possible playoff contention?

Something that is obvious to pretty much 95% of the people here, and now even most of the media is chiming in yet Mario and Shero still are behind this scrub?

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 10:36 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I saw a snippet on tiops saying

I refuse to pay for that site so I don't know what the rest says.

If this is infact true I am slowly losing respect for Lemieux who was completely infallable to me earlier.

I am just so damn frustrated with this crap coach. It seems like he can do whatever the hell he wants and not ever have his job in question. It almost seems like he is even freaking cocky about it. How long is management going to sit on their damn laurels while we slowly slip out of any possible playoff contention?

Something that is obvious to pretty much 95% of the people here, and now even most of the media is chiming in yet Mario and Shero still are behind this scrub?
You're like captain super overreact then if this one small issue that you have no idea if it's true or not can sway your opinion of a guy who constantly keep this team from disappearing. As much as you and I may dislike Therrien as a coach and think he should be ousted, it's somewhat satisfying to know that the front office and ownership isn't made up of knee jerk reaction button pushers. There giving Therrien an opportunity to fix the problem and this is the first test he'll have faced since 2005-06. I'm sure the clock is ticking though...

Mario should be granted Prima Nocta over all our future wives for what he's done.

Old
01-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Gooch

Quote:
You're like captain super overreact then if this one small issue that you have no idea if it's true or not can sway your opinion of a guy who constantly keep this team from disappearing. As much as you and I may dislike Therrien as a coach and think he should be ousted, it's somewhat satisfying to know that the front office and ownership isn't made up of knee jerk reaction button pushers. There giving Therrien an opportunity to fix the problem and this is the first test he'll have faced since 2005-06. I'm sure the clock is ticking though...

Mario should be granted Prima Nocta over all our future wives for what he's done.
I'd think you could tell from my posts that I am not one to overreact and that the firing of Therrien is the ONE damn thing I want management to do. I am not the guy clamoring in several different ways on who to trade and whatnot.

Obviously when my respect for Lemieux is so high, and there is something that he is possibly doing that I really really strongly dislike then there is nowhere but down for that respect to go.. IF in fact he is being the roadblock to having the GM make the best possible decision for this club wouldnt that promote criticism on him?

Therrien's test was back in December, he failed, its time to put another guy in before this team is playing golf again. I don't think the fans would appreciate such a regression so soon.

Old
01-13-2009, 11:01 AM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I'd think you could tell from my posts that I am not one to overreact and that the firing of Therrien is the ONE damn thing I want management to do. I am not the guy clamoring in several different ways on who to trade and whatnot.

Obviously when my respect for Lemieux is so high, and there is something that he is possibly doing that I really really strongly dislike then there is nowhere but down for that respect to go.. IF in fact he is being the roadblock to having the GM make the best possible decision for this club wouldnt that promote criticism on him?

Therrien's test was back in December, he failed, its time to put another guy in before this team is playing golf again. I don't think the fans would appreciate such a regression so soon.
Now I'm going to suggest something totally crazy...what if Therrien isn't the problem?

I mean...I think he is...but what if he isn't. Is it right to then fire him? Maybe...maybe not.

We aren't privy to a lot of what goes on and while I think it's fine for us to all share our opinions one way or another...they are generally pretty uninformed.

Old
01-13-2009, 11:06 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Now I'm going to suggest something totally crazy...what if Therrien isn't the problem?

I mean...I think he is...but what if he isn't. Is it right to then fire him? Maybe...maybe not.

We aren't privy to a lot of what goes on and while I think it's fine for us to all share our opinions one way or another...they are generally pretty uninformed.
This

Yes we all do not have the same views but MT does have the job to right the ship so if there is any moves that are going to come, Shero can make a fair assessment.

Last edited by Ugene Malkin: 01-13-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Gooch

Quote:

Well all signs point to Therrien being the problem. Besides going into all his tactical deficiencies and his insistance of either not using, or misusing good players to his equal insistance of using the bad players instead. Lets say we turn a blind eye to all of that and assume it doesnt exist...

No one player makes the entire team play like garbage for a long period of time. No one player makes the team seemingly give up early on into a game.

So what can management do? Trade away the majority of the entire roster? That isnt remotely realistic, and still not guaranteed to do a damn thing. But they certainly can fire the guy with all the deficiencies noted above.. That would be the first damn thing to do to try to stop this slide.

I rarely am a betting man. But I would bet the damn farm that if Therrien got fired that this team would correct it's course and make the playoffs.

For a side note, this is also the first time I have ever strongly disliked the coach and wanted his removal for any professional sports team I have ever been a fan of. This isnt like a knee jerk reaction here, its something that just happens to be painfully obvious as the biggest impediment to this teams success.

Old
01-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

First the players need to do there part, then Terrian and finally Shero + ownergroup...

In the end i am sure what ever has been decided will be in the best interest of the team, What ever happens. we do not know everything and could only speculate.

Players only meeting, add owners group love of Terrian, Mixed bag of injuries this year.. and i am sure there's more...The players do not have to play for the coach, but like last year, they played for each other... that's what is going to win games..They showed signs of it last game. lets see where it goes....It really cant go anymore south...at worst they level line and crash, but they still have a pulse...

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 11:33 AM
Gooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post
First the players need to do there part, then Terrian and finally Shero + ownergroup...

In the end i am sure what ever has been decided will be in the best interest of the team, What ever happens. we do not know everything and could only speculate.

Players only meeting, add owners group love of Terrian, Mixed bag of injuries this year.. and i am sure there's more...The players do not have to play for the coach, but like last year, they played for each other... that's what is going to win games..They showed signs of it last game. lets see where it goes....It really cant go anymore south...at worst they level line and crash, but they still have a pulse...
I am not quite sure what any of this means...

But if you are trying to blame the players instead of the coaching then that is pretty sad. This coach has the leagues top 2 leading scorers on it. He also has one of the leagues worst powerplays. So when the strategy of the team isnt fitting of the players it's their fault? There is zero excuse for this team to look as crappy as it has. The injury excuse is old and played out and should not even be used. EVERY team has to deal with them, we arent in a vacuum where we're the only team with injuries. Hell take a look at Boston, they lost their 2nd line center and now their top goal scorer as well as important parts of their blueline and their timeshare goaltender. They are still going to look a hell of a lot better than us.