HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Devils After Hill

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2004, 07:15 AM
NJ_Devil_Boy

vCash: 560
Devils After Sean Hill

From: h**p://www.hfboards.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=20

Quote:
Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello is almost certainly not done dealing before Tuesday's 3 p.m. deadline. The Devils are one of two teams interested in Hurricanes defenseman Sean Hill, who has agreed to waive his no-trade clause if he is dealt to a team of his liking.

"He said he would waive it to go to a couple of different places," Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said. "I've fielded calls on him and Jeff O'Neill from different teams."

Old
03-07-2004, 08:52 AM
DARKSIDE

vCash: 500
I'm even willing to go as far as a first rounder. But, no way we trade David Hale for a rental. Since sitting out last night against Carolina, rumors are that Hale might be moved.

Can't see Lou giving a future top 4 defensemen, unless there's a bigger deal going down.

Old
03-07-2004, 08:53 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Devil_Boy
From: h**p://www.hfboards.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=20
I just hope Toronto does not try and land him. Hill seems like he's only willing to show up if he's in a canes jersey as he's proven in years past. Hill is a bigger gamble then other players avail and IMO would be a 2nd or 3rd choise if I were Toronto's gm or the Devils gm.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:12 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey24
I just hope Toronto does not try and land him. Hill seems like he's only willing to show up if he's in a canes jersey as he's proven in years past. Hill is a bigger gamble then other players avail and IMO would be a 2nd or 3rd choise if I were Toronto's gm or the Devils gm.

excuse me ??

Old
03-07-2004, 12:17 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
What if Hill agreed to a long term contract? I could have sworn I read that he said he wanted a contract done to be moved. I'd like to see O'Neill, Hill, and a conditional pick (a high round pick if Hill becomes a rental) for Hale(or Martin)/Gomez.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
What if Hill agreed to a long term contract? I could have sworn I read that he said he wanted a contract done to be moved. I'd like to see O'Neill, Hill, and a conditional pick (a high round pick if Hill becomes a rental) for Hale(or Martin)/Gomez.
We don't need ONeill, just hill for a prospect and pick.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:44 PM
officeglen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
What if Hill agreed to a long term contract?
Hill's wife is from Carolina. He's just a rental as he will return to the Canes whenever next season is.

Old
03-07-2004, 12:55 PM
topshelf331

Send a message via ICQ to topshelf331 Send a message via Yahoo to topshelf331
Trust me , as a blues fan, we found out that if hill doesnt get the minutes. He isnt that good. His play slips with diminishing minutes.

Old
03-07-2004, 01:04 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
Hill's wife is from Carolina. He's just a rental as he will return to the Canes whenever next season is.
I don't believe Rutherford will re-sign Hill. If he does, I'll be waving my "Rutherford Must Go" flag. I'm sick of this organization's loyalty to people (i.e., we'll never win thinking this way)

Old
03-07-2004, 01:55 PM
ATG

Devils are after Sean hill man someone better call an exorcist hehe couldn't resist

Old
03-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Am I missing something here, I never thought much of Hill, espicially after he signed with St. Louis for that big contract and ended up being a total disaster. The most I would give up for him is a 4th and a mariginal prospect. And no way in hell am I giving up Hale for this guy.

Old
03-07-2004, 03:41 PM
JimEIV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Am I missing something here, I never thought much of Hill, espicially after he signed with St. Louis for that big contract and ended up being a total disaster. The most I would give up for him is a 4th and a mariginal prospect. And no way in hell am I giving up Hale for this guy.
Agree

Old
03-07-2004, 04:02 PM
bleedgreen

there is no way its just hale for hill - i dont think anyone thinks that. i do think that the canes are kicking around the idea of trading oneill and hill together. they probably havent got what they want for oneill yet - and are seeing if hill added would do it. thats probably being talked about to all the teams in the hunt. if hill goes by himself - its maybe for a mid level prospect and/or pick. i wouldve said less before the simon trade - i think hill can be much more valuable to a playoff team than simon, although simon has played well this year. you can never have enough d in a playoff run - i would think hill would cost more than simon....or at least equal.

Closed Thread