HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Is a Lecavalier or St. Louis Trade Imminent?!?!

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky born Pilot View Post
Because he absolutely hates it in Tampa and would never do anything in the community to tie him to the area.
In my hypothetical GM administration, community service would be required. Current NHL teams with a similar policy don't spring immediately to mind, but it's not uncommon. Edit: Toronto for sure.

I don't know what B-Law's policy is, but I suspect the current Lightning players are required to some degree. They seem to have a lot of footage of recent player activity in the area. Visiting kids in the hospital and the like.

As well as Stamkos telling me to buckle up, Tobacco Free Florida, etc.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 01-25-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old
01-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
In my hypothetical GM administration, community service would be required. Current NHL teams with a similar policy don't spring immediately to mind, but it's not uncommon. Edit: Toronto for sure.

I don't know what B-Law's policy is, but I'd suspect the current Lightning players are required to some degree. They seem to have a lot of footage of recent player activity in the area. Visiting kids in the hospital and the like.

As well as Stamkos telling me to buckle up, Tobacco Free Florida, etc.
I would say Lecavalier goes above most if not all NHL players in community service.

01-25-2009, 07:59 PM
poetryingasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
I thik they know what type of backlash they will get if they trade vinny, we are not talking about a Dan Boyle, or even a Brad Richards, we're talking about the face of this franchise, if they think that they can just get rid of him without any consequences, tehy're very,very wrong.

Oilers fan here...

I seriously hope that there will be no trade between Edmonton and Tampa.

No offense to anyone or to any players but I really like the young core we have. While it would be nice to have someone of lecav's caliber, I think this poster (Maria?) is right as Lecav is Tampa's core player, similar to what Lemieux or Yzerman meant to the Pens and wings. The Oilers young core will develop into a contender if the Oil do not trade their assets away

Old
01-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I would say Lecavalier goes above most if not all NHL players in community service.
No argument from me. I do think that the team goads everyone though. I might just be a jaded minor league fan, but the amount of action taken by Lightning players for people in the area is uncommon, if it's entirely genuine.

Old
01-25-2009, 08:25 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryingasoline View Post
Oilers fan here...

I seriously hope that there will be no trade between Edmonton and Tampa.

No offense to anyone or to any players but I really like the young core we have. While it would be nice to have someone of lecav's caliber, I think this poster (Maria?) is right as Lecav is Tampa's core player, similar to what Lemieux or Yzerman meant to the Pens and wings. The Oilers young core will develop into a contender if the Oil do not trade their assets away
Makes sense.

Old
01-25-2009, 10:58 PM
Peter Griffin

What are the odds that Lecavalier would be kept and Marty dealt? I know he's got a NTC, but at his age and with the state Tampa is in, would he waive? I'd love to see him in Vancouver.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:13 AM
nothingtosee
female fan

so i'm trying to prepare myself for whatever might happen because at this point i have no idea what to think or believe. i don't think getting the whole Montreal team (or any other) in return for Vinny would fill the void I'd feel if he weren't here. he means so much to this team and this town, and i've heard around here before you shouldn't get attached to players and all but it's hard not to, especially with who we're dealing with. Tampas had to deal with saying goodbye to Boyle and Richy and I imagine this is all in the best interest of the team but I think Vinny IS whats best for this team, even if he can trade for some great names.

since i can't sleep until july 1st i keep hoping i won't have to wake up to read a trade of any kind took place and wish time would advance 5 months or so.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:31 AM
STRANGE VICTORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
No argument from me. I do think that the team goads everyone though. I might just be a jaded minor league fan, but the amount of action taken by Lightning players for people in the area is uncommon, if it's entirely genuine.
Lecavalier spent 2 mil. to build a children's hospital. I believe he won the NHL's version of the humanitarian award last year as well.

He really does a lot for the area, and is the only guy that can really promote the Lightning at this point in time.

Trading away Richards and Boyle I think may have been necessary, Boyle I wish they had kept, or atleast didn't make trade him after signing that extension. But trading away Vinny would be the single worst decision the organization ever made.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
jg39
SFY is great

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampBear View Post
Lecavalier spent 2 mil. to build a children's hospital. I believe he won the NHL's version of the humanitarian award last year as well.

He really does a lot for the area, and is the only guy that can really promote the Lightning at this point in time.

Trading away Richards and Boyle I think may have been necessary, Boyle I wish they had kept, or atleast didn't make trade him after signing that extension. But trading away Vinny would be the single worst decision the organization ever made.
Perfect post, except for the promotion line. There are many marketable guys on that team, but I think Vinny is the most notable. Other than that, perfect.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:29 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
What are the odds that Lecavalier would be kept and Marty dealt? I know he's got a NTC, but at his age and with the state Tampa is in, would he waive? I'd love to see him in Vancouver.
I hate to say it but I think it's very plausible indeed. I expect to see Marty deal later this year possibly or next season.

Old
01-26-2009, 12:31 PM
swany

Oiler fan we have been hearing alot of rumours about our two teams, that said I hope Vinny stays, TBL need him there don't get me wrong I would love to have him but it could cost us to much and our team might take 2 or 3 years to recover, and what is with the organization now there are talks of Stamkos being shopped why in the world would you shop a #1 pick last year, he's not going to get you alot and his salary is small, I can see Vinny because your going to get alot back but Stamkos I don't know. anyways good luck and for my money Vinny stays.

Old
01-26-2009, 01:57 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

This just in... the whole god dang team is on the block.

Old
01-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladoww View Post
This just in... the whole god dang team is on the block.
Except Cory Murphy...he is the block.

Man, as much as I dislike the Lightning as a Panther fan, (that dislike is nothing like my hatred for the Patriots, Jets, or Bills. Must be due to all the flak we take from the northern fanbases) I really hope Koules and Barrie ease off the trigger a bit. I guess they havent' done a whole lot that's greatly hurt the team, but for everyone here's sake...

01-26-2009, 02:58 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Except Cory Murphy...he is the block.

Man, as much as I dislike the Lightning as a Panther fan, (that dislike is nothing like my hatred for the Patriots, Jets, or Bills. Must be due to all the flak we take from the northern fanbases) I really hope Koules and Barrie ease off the trigger a bit. I guess they havent' done a whole lot that's greatly hurt the team, but for everyone here's sake...
Thank you, much appreciated.

Once Cory Murphy finds out I said the team might trade him instead of him trading the team he's going to kick my a$$. Great.

Closed Thread