HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Vincent Lecavalier Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Bullsmith

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
...And FYI, Vinny is not a future Hall of Famer.
Dick frickin Duff is a Hall of Famer. Vinny's only 28. I wouldn't rule it out, in fact I'd say it's likely.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
sheed36

Here's another article about this from Pierre LeBrun on ESPN...Don't know if it was posted before but it is really nothing we haven't read before...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre

Old
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
SAKS AVENUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
I'm going to make a bold prediction:

This just popped in my head...if Vinny does come over, I wouldn't be surprised if Koivu would go elsewhere at the end of the year.

Consider it only poop in your head then. Koivu has been surrounded by poop his entire career and wants to win really badly. He was excited about the possibility of Sundin coming in and I'm sure would welcome Vinny with open arms.

Saku has never had and never will have an ego problem so I wouldn't worry about Koivu if I were you.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Dick frickin Duff is a Hall of Famer. Vinny's only 28. I wouldn't rule it out, in fact I'd say it's likely.
Dick frickin Duff as you call him won 6Cups and became a coach.

Vinny won 1 cup and has had 2seasons of 80+ pts out of 9.
If he keeps that pace, there won't be any reason for him to be an hall of famer.
So far, he hasn't accomplished anything worthy of a HoF.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Ok, people, please have a little bit of logic. If TB is considering moving Lecavalier, its because of their financial woes. They want to shed salary, so if this trade is to happen in the season, consider what it would cost them to keep those players next year versus the 10 mil they have to pay Lecavalier. I also don't believe this will happen before the season is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Hmmm, interesting offer.
But, TB needs top shelf blue liners. Not just one but several. TB doesnt need a package with several forwards. IF I WERE GM, I would ask for Markov, Komisarek, Gorges, and Plecky and 1st rd draft pick in 2009.
Ok, besides the obvious overpayment that everybody has already mentioned, do you realize that this would cost Tampa over 15 mil in salary compared to Lecavalier's 10 mil? Even the trade involving Lang and Higgins, or Pleks and Higgins doesnt shed much salary for them as this is the ultimate purpose of that trade.

Pleks or Higgins, Lats or Chipchura, Webber, O'Byrne or Carle, and a 1st or two firsts. We could always also add one of the Russians who might be coming over this summer.

That's what they need, young defensemen and depth on offense for two way play.

And I just saw your other posting. Tampa IS in financial difficulty. The owners have given the reigns of the team to the league and the league will probably try to pull them out of the red for this season and make them at least viable for next season. First they gutted the team of Boyle because the new owners ended up not having enough money to fill the gap with their low revenues. Now the league will do the same to balance their financial sheet by cutting some big salaries and unfortunetly for Vinny, he's the solution to their problems.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:

If he keeps that pace, there won't be any reason for him to be an hall of famer.
Everyone who had a career with the Candiens during Duff's era won multiple cups. Vinny is a franchise player, top ten in the league and by the time he's done his career stats will be pretty impressive I suspect. But more to the point, the HoF lets in all kinds of second-rate talent. I'm not saying you don't have a valid argument against him, I'm saying LOTS of weaker players, like Dick Frickin Duff who was never a real first liner in Montreal, have been let in the hall.

Or is your argument that if Vinny becomes a coach suddenly that should affect his HoF eligibility as a player?

Old
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Here's another article about this from Pierre LeBrun on ESPN...Don't know if it was posted before but it is really nothing we haven't read before...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre
Some interesting stuff in there:

Either way, another source told ESPN.com the Lecavalier camp has been assured if the Lightning ever decide to move him, they will ask the star center for a list of teams he would want to go to.

and:

"That contract is problematic for most of us," said an NHL GM.

Why? Because, for starters, while the salary-cap hit starting next season will be $7.73 million (the average of the deal), the actual real-money salary is $10 million a year for the first seven seasons of the deal.

"For teams with budgets, that's going to be too much," said the GM.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:

Except one cup and a Maurice Richard trophy, 2nd youngest captain in history.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
mcphee

Quote:

Where'd Dickie Duff coach ?

Old
01-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Bill McNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Except one cup and a Maurice Richard trophy, 2nd youngest captain in history.
I imagine he's also the youngest player ever stripped of their captaincy.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Where'd Dickie Duff coach ?
Toronto!..I wanted to know if that was gonna pass unnoticed..loll
He coached 2Games as Interim in the 79-80 Season

Old
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Everyone who had a career with the Candiens during Duff's era won multiple cups. Vinny is a franchise player, top ten in the league and by the time he's done his career stats will be pretty impressive I suspect. But more to the point, the HoF lets in all kinds of second-rate talent. I'm not saying you don't have a valid argument against him, I'm saying LOTS of weaker players, like Dick Frickin Duff who was never a real first liner in Montreal, have been let in the hall.

Or is your argument that if Vinny becomes a coach suddenly that should affect his HoF eligibility as a player?
You gotta be kidding...top 10 forward, fairly possible. Top 10 league-wide is absolutely ridiculous. The guy is great, but he isn't THAT great.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
You gotta be kidding...top 10 forward, fairly possible. Top 10 league-wide is absolutely ridiculous. The guy is great, but he isn't THAT great.
Fair enough; A top ten forward.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

Not saying there isn't less talented players in HoF. He could possibly get in, but I wouldn't put him in there today.

I was just responding to the other poster that was trying to say Vinny is a shoe in for the HoF.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

What's the record for the most posts for a subject? What did we achieve with Sundin? 'Cause clearly that will beat them all....unless Lecavalier already mentions that Montreal does not figure amongst his favorite teams....so we could start threads about how the crowd is classless for booing him next time he comes.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Habs

Just for the record it is "Dick Fricken Duff" AKA The Dickster, Dick Duffer and Duffer McDicker.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What's the record for the most posts for a subject? What did we achieve with Sundin? 'Cause clearly that will beat them all....unless Lecavalier already mentions that Montreal does not figure amongst his favorite teams....so we could start threads about how the crowd is classless for booing him next time he comes.
Lecavalier?...Montreal?....

Old
Capitano

Are we going through this again? Seriously?

Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Didn't we have more than 10parts on Sundin?..Like 13-14 maybe??

Old
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
But...but...but...this time it's true! Ron Fournier said so and Eklund will have a page in a few minutes.

Not to mention, it's...Lecavalier.

Old
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
Hossa Sundin Gaborik ..... Lecavalier

Old
Bullsmith

Quote:
Not saying there isn't less talented players in HoF. He could possibly get in, but I wouldn't put him in there today.

I was just responding to the other poster that was trying to say Vinny is a shoe in for the HoF.
It's a good argument to have, sorry for any snark. Anyway my beef's entirely with the HoF. I've got nothing against Dicky Duff nor do I confuse Vinny with Mario Lemieux. Personally I wish the hall had the standards for entry you seem to have.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
David_99

In my opinion, now this is just me, but if hell freezes over and we actually pick up Lecavalier, I think the most satisfying part will be the reaction of the other teams having to our coach and 5 players playing in the All-Star game.

Old
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Fire Brunet*

Someone post the Hossa gif and replace his face with Lecav's

Old
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post