HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Vincent Lecavalier Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2009, 03:02 PM
  #351
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
...And FYI, Vinny is not a future Hall of Famer.
Dick frickin Duff is a Hall of Famer. Vinny's only 28. I wouldn't rule it out, in fact I'd say it's likely.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
  #352
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,433
vCash: 500
Here's another article about this from Pierre LeBrun on ESPN...Don't know if it was posted before but it is really nothing we haven't read before...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre

sheed36 is online now  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:05 PM
  #353
SAKS AVENUE
Registered User
 
SAKS AVENUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
I'm going to make a bold prediction:


This just popped in my head...if Vinny does come over, I wouldn't be surprised if Koivu would go elsewhere at the end of the year.

Consider it only poop in your head then. Koivu has been surrounded by poop his entire career and wants to win really badly. He was excited about the possibility of Sundin coming in and I'm sure would welcome Vinny with open arms.

Saku has never had and never will have an ego problem so I wouldn't worry about Koivu if I were you.

SAKS AVENUE is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
  #354
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Dick frickin Duff is a Hall of Famer. Vinny's only 28. I wouldn't rule it out, in fact I'd say it's likely.
Dick frickin Duff as you call him won 6Cups and became a coach.

Vinny won 1 cup and has had 2seasons of 80+ pts out of 9.
If he keeps that pace, there won't be any reason for him to be an hall of famer.
So far, he hasn't accomplished anything worthy of a HoF.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:08 PM
  #355
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Ok, people, please have a little bit of logic. If TB is considering moving Lecavalier, its because of their financial woes. They want to shed salary, so if this trade is to happen in the season, consider what it would cost them to keep those players next year versus the 10 mil they have to pay Lecavalier. I also don't believe this will happen before the season is over.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Hmmm, interesting offer.
But, TB needs top shelf blue liners. Not just one but several. TB doesnt need a package with several forwards. IF I WERE GM, I would ask for Markov, Komisarek, Gorges, and Plecky and 1st rd draft pick in 2009.
Ok, besides the obvious overpayment that everybody has already mentioned, do you realize that this would cost Tampa over 15 mil in salary compared to Lecavalier's 10 mil? Even the trade involving Lang and Higgins, or Pleks and Higgins doesnt shed much salary for them as this is the ultimate purpose of that trade.

Pleks or Higgins, Lats or Chipchura, Webber, O'Byrne or Carle, and a 1st or two firsts. We could always also add one of the Russians who might be coming over this summer.

That's what they need, young defensemen and depth on offense for two way play.

And I just saw your other posting. Tampa IS in financial difficulty. The owners have given the reigns of the team to the league and the league will probably try to pull them out of the red for this season and make them at least viable for next season. First they gutted the team of Boyle because the new owners ended up not having enough money to fill the gap with their low revenues. Now the league will do the same to balance their financial sheet by cutting some big salaries and unfortunetly for Vinny, he's the solution to their problems.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
  #356
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dick frickin Duff as you call him won 6Cups and became a coach.

Vinny won 1 cup and has had 2seasons of 80+ pts out of 9.
If he keeps that pace, there won't be any reason for him to be an hall of famer.
So far, he hasn't accomplished anything worthy of a HoF.
Everyone who had a career with the Candiens during Duff's era won multiple cups. Vinny is a franchise player, top ten in the league and by the time he's done his career stats will be pretty impressive I suspect. But more to the point, the HoF lets in all kinds of second-rate talent. I'm not saying you don't have a valid argument against him, I'm saying LOTS of weaker players, like Dick Frickin Duff who was never a real first liner in Montreal, have been let in the hall.

Or is your argument that if Vinny becomes a coach suddenly that should affect his HoF eligibility as a player?

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:09 PM
  #357
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Here's another article about this from Pierre LeBrun on ESPN...Don't know if it was posted before but it is really nothing we haven't read before...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...=lebrun_pierre
Some interesting stuff in there:

Either way, another source told ESPN.com the Lecavalier camp has been assured if the Lightning ever decide to move him, they will ask the star center for a list of teams he would want to go to.

and:

"That contract is problematic for most of us," said an NHL GM.

Why? Because, for starters, while the salary-cap hit starting next season will be $7.73 million (the average of the deal), the actual real-money salary is $10 million a year for the first seven seasons of the deal.

"For teams with budgets, that's going to be too much," said the GM.

Roulin is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
  #358
Mustafa*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dick frickin Duff as you call him won 6Cups and became a coach.

Vinny won 1 cup and has had 2seasons of 80+ pts out of 9.
If he keeps that pace, there won't be any reason for him to be an hall of famer.
So far, he hasn't accomplished anything worthy of a HoF.
Except one cup and a Maurice Richard trophy, 2nd youngest captain in history.

Mustafa* is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:10 PM
  #359
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Dick frickin Duff as you call him won 6Cups and became a coach.

Vinny won 1 cup and has had 2seasons of 80+ pts out of 9.
If he keeps that pace, there won't be any reason for him to be an hall of famer.
So far, he hasn't accomplished anything worthy of a HoF.
Where'd Dickie Duff coach ?

mcphee is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:14 PM
  #360
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Except one cup and a Maurice Richard trophy, 2nd youngest captain in history.
I imagine he's also the youngest player ever stripped of their captaincy.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
  #361
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Where'd Dickie Duff coach ?
Toronto!..I wanted to know if that was gonna pass unnoticed..loll
He coached 2Games as Interim in the 79-80 Season

Kriss E is online now  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
  #362
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Everyone who had a career with the Candiens during Duff's era won multiple cups. Vinny is a franchise player, top ten in the league and by the time he's done his career stats will be pretty impressive I suspect. But more to the point, the HoF lets in all kinds of second-rate talent. I'm not saying you don't have a valid argument against him, I'm saying LOTS of weaker players, like Dick Frickin Duff who was never a real first liner in Montreal, have been let in the hall.

Or is your argument that if Vinny becomes a coach suddenly that should affect his HoF eligibility as a player?
You gotta be kidding...top 10 forward, fairly possible. Top 10 league-wide is absolutely ridiculous. The guy is great, but he isn't THAT great.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:17 PM
  #363
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post
You gotta be kidding...top 10 forward, fairly possible. Top 10 league-wide is absolutely ridiculous. The guy is great, but he isn't THAT great.
Fair enough; A top ten forward.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
  #364
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Everyone who had a career with the Candiens during Duff's era won multiple cups. Vinny is a franchise player, top ten in the league and by the time he's done his career stats will be pretty impressive I suspect. But more to the point, the HoF lets in all kinds of second-rate talent. I'm not saying you don't have a valid argument against him, I'm saying LOTS of weaker players, like Dick Frickin Duff who was never a real first liner in Montreal, have been let in the hall.

Or is your argument that if Vinny becomes a coach suddenly that should affect his HoF eligibility as a player?
Not saying there isn't less talented players in HoF. He could possibly get in, but I wouldn't put him in there today.

I was just responding to the other poster that was trying to say Vinny is a shoe in for the HoF.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:18 PM
  #365
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,029
vCash: 500
What's the record for the most posts for a subject? What did we achieve with Sundin? 'Cause clearly that will beat them all....unless Lecavalier already mentions that Montreal does not figure amongst his favorite teams....so we could start threads about how the crowd is classless for booing him next time he comes.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
  #366
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,471
vCash: 500
Just for the record it is "Dick Fricken Duff" AKA The Dickster, Dick Duffer and Duffer McDicker.

Habs is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
  #367
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What's the record for the most posts for a subject? What did we achieve with Sundin? 'Cause clearly that will beat them all....unless Lecavalier already mentions that Montreal does not figure amongst his favorite teams....so we could start threads about how the crowd is classless for booing him next time he comes.
Lecavalier?...Montreal?....


Em Ancien is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
  #368
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,298
vCash: 500
Are we going through this again? Seriously?

Capitano is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:20 PM
  #369
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What's the record for the most posts for a subject? What did we achieve with Sundin? 'Cause clearly that will beat them all....unless Lecavalier already mentions that Montreal does not figure amongst his favorite teams....so we could start threads about how the crowd is classless for booing him next time he comes.
Didn't we have more than 10parts on Sundin?..Like 13-14 maybe??

Kriss E is online now  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
  #370
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
Are we going through this again? Seriously?
But...but...but...this time it's true! Ron Fournier said so and Eklund will have a page in a few minutes.

Not to mention, it's...Lecavalier.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
  #371
Travis Moen
Registered User
 
Travis Moen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montréal
Posts: 1,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
Are we going through this again? Seriously?
Hossa Sundin Gaborik ..... Lecavalier

Travis Moen is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:23 PM
  #372
Bullsmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Not saying there isn't less talented players in HoF. He could possibly get in, but I wouldn't put him in there today.

I was just responding to the other poster that was trying to say Vinny is a shoe in for the HoF.
It's a good argument to have, sorry for any snark. Anyway my beef's entirely with the HoF. I've got nothing against Dicky Duff nor do I confuse Vinny with Mario Lemieux. Personally I wish the hall had the standards for entry you seem to have.

Bullsmith is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:26 PM
  #373
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,689
vCash: 500
In my opinion, now this is just me, but if hell freezes over and we actually pick up Lecavalier, I think the most satisfying part will be the reaction of the other teams having to our coach and 5 players playing in the All-Star game.

David_99 is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
  #374
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Someone post the Hossa gif and replace his face with Lecav's

Fire Brunet* is offline  
Old
01-12-2009, 03:27 PM
  #375
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
Someone post the Hossa gif and replace his face with Lecav's
I second this initiative.

Em Ancien is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.