HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Showboating: What's going too far?

Old
01-27-2009, 10:11 AM
RangerFan10

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I'm not big for showboating, I don't score many goals but when I do I'm pretty mild mannered about it. The only time I get real excited is when the other team's done something to get me going. I play a lot of mens leagues and the one pet peeve I have is so many guys on defense love to get their stick between your legs. Not to get off topic but there was one game the ref was not calling anything and I kept getting speared off face-offs and in front of the net, I had finally had it and this older guy got his stick between my legs and lifted. I turned and punched him and challenged him. The guy chirped and chirped but wouldn't go, I got a game misconduct and he didn't get anything, but then he ran his mouth to the ref. He ended up trying to fight me on the way to the lockerrooms. I laughed in his face and just kept taunting him, if he was serious he would've clocked me. Kind of sucks, I had the game winning goal until that penalty, and they scored on their powerplay.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
dirtydevs9

Send a message via AIM to dirtydevs9
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I'm not big for showboating, I don't score many goals but when I do I'm pretty mild mannered about it. The only time I get real excited is when the other team's done something to get me going. I play a lot of mens leagues and the one pet peeve I have is so many guys on defense love to get their stick between your legs. Not to get off topic but there was one game the ref was not calling anything and I kept getting speared off face-offs and in front of the net, I had finally had it and this older guy got his stick between my legs and lifted. I turned and punched him and challenged him. The guy chirped and chirped but wouldn't go, I got a game misconduct and he didn't get anything, but then he ran his mouth to the ref. He ended up trying to fight me on the way to the lockerrooms. I laughed in his face and just kept taunting him, if he was serious he would've clocked me. Kind of sucks, I had the game winning goal until that penalty, and they scored on their powerplay.
couldn't help myself

dirtydevs9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 01:39 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

dont showboat ever in a blowout.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2009, 03:14 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24godard View Post
couldn't help myself
yeah, it sounds funny but its true, as soon as you park in front of the net they get their stick there because they think that's how you clear the crease. Last game I played someone did that, I clamped it between my legs and had my stick free, he was bugging out cause he couldn't get his stick back and if we got the puck to me I would've had a free pointblank shot. The best was him pleaing to the ref that I was holding his stick. What's it doing there in the first place? haha

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote