HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

3 proposals to Calgary having a shot at the cup

Old
01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Iggy-4-50

vCash: 500
3 proposals to Calgary having a shot at the cup

Yeah Yeah I stole this from the Habs thread but The Flames are 2 loser points back of the Habs in seasonal record

So lets hear the proposals

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 08:57 PM
IamJebus

Send a message via AIM to IamJebus Send a message via Yahoo to IamJebus
Failed. You can't start a proposal thread without a proposal.

To Atlanta: Iginla, Phaneuf
To Calgary: Kovalchuk

There that might get them a cup

IamJebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:14 PM
AgentM

What does Calgary need?

EDIT: And what kind of cap space do they have?

Last edited by AgentM: 01-12-2009 at 09:20 PM.
AgentM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Selanne08*

Phx:
Backlund
3rd either 09 or 10
+ whatever to make salaries match

Cal:
Jokinen

Selanne08* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:20 PM
PeterTheGreat

Three semi moderate deals that could have a big impact in the long run.

Leopold for Lombardi and conditional 2nd (on whether Leo signs an extension)

Sanford for a 7th round pick.

Keith Tkachuk for a 1st or 2nd (not sure what he's worth)

Three deals that actually have a chance at happening.

Leopold gives them a top 4 puck moving dman they need. Also Reghers old partner. Sanford gives them a decent backup goalie so they can give Kipper more rest=Healthier and more rested Kipper for playoffs. Tkachuk gives them another scoring threat. Can play wing or center, and is a sutter type player. Make their PP alot better too.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Phx:
Backlund
3rd either 09 or 10

Cal:
Jokinen
I really don't think that we're going to make a trade that involves sending Backlund the other way, after all the trouble that the Flames went through to get him across the pond.

Calgary's needs are:

- Offensive centre to play with Iginla. We probably won't give up what it'd take to get an All-Star or anything, but someone like Todd White, Andy McDonald or Doug Weight would be perfect. Faceoff prowess isn't needed either, since Iggy typically takes the draws on his line.

- Depth on D. We need another puck-mover; again, it doesn't have to be a star-calibre player, because we have that already if Phaneuf gets his head out of his rear.

- Backup goalie. If Keenan doesn't have the confidence in McElhinney to give him some playing time, then we'll have to find someone who he will play. Kipper can't play 80 games and be ready for a long playoff run.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
I really don't think that we're going to make a trade that involves sending Backlund the other way, after all the trouble that the Flames went through to get him across the pond.

Calgary's needs are:

- Offensive centre to play with Iginla. We probably won't give up what it'd take to get an All-Star or anything, but someone like Todd White, Andy McDonald or Doug Weight would be perfect. Faceoff prowess isn't needed either, since Iggy typically takes the draws on his line.

- Depth on D. We need another puck-mover; again, it doesn't have to be a star-calibre player, because we have that already if Phaneuf gets his head out of his rear.

- Backup goalie. If Keenan doesn't have the confidence in McElhinney to give him some playing time, then we'll have to find someone who he will play. Kipper can't play 80 games and be ready for a long playoff run.
Leopold for a conditional first (Calgary wins a round in the playoffs, or else the first goes to next year as unconditional) and a conditional 3rd (he re-signs). Basically the Adam Foote deal but a little different. I think Leopold looked best when he is with Regher anyways.

Clark for any player thats UFA this season and matches contracts.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Dions shoulder

If my math is right, thanks to injuries, we should (at trade deadline day) have enough cap space to add 6.25M in salary to the roster (for example a player signed for 6.25M where only 1/4 would go on our cap since he would only play for 1/4 of the season) (I could be way off)

I dont think Sutter will be desperate to find a backup, I am sure McElhinney will be capable in that role. Leo would be great to have back, he and Regehr fit so well together. If we could get an effective center for Iggy and Cammalleri, we would be set... but I doubt Sutter will be able to find someone for the right price.

Dions shoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Dions shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Leopold for a conditional first (Calgary wins a round in the playoffs, or else the first goes to next year as unconditional) and a conditional 3rd (he re-signs). Basically the Adam Foote deal but a little different. I think Leopold looked best when he is with Regher anyways.

Clark for any player thats UFA this season and matches contracts.
Clark + Leo

for

Aucoin + Sarich + 2nd in 2010 (whichever of our picks is higher(our 2nd in 09 was traded to Chicago, and we have Montreal's))

^just an NHL09 trade suggestion, Sutter would not shake up the D group that much with the team playing so well... but I would

Old
01-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Saw Jiris Tlusty

Kaberle + Antropov

For

09 1st 09 2nd Boyd and Backlund/Neimsz

First proposal I'm preparing to get flamed.

Saw Jiris Tlusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:12 PM
Sneekypete

Calgary can really use a Center with offensive upside.Someone they can rent for a few months such as Weight or Comrie.I think Weight would be a better fit.
Something along the Lines of :
Calgary gets Weight

Isles Get 2oo9 2nd round pick (via Montreals pick because I think Calgary traded there pick)
and
A decent prospect not named Backlund maybe Pelech

OR maybe the Isles get a couple of Prospects instead of the pick prospect option

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Dions shoulder

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisToLeafsNation View Post
Kaberle + Antropov

For

It addresses our needs, its just that I doubt Sutter will be trading Nemisz and especially not Backlund the way he has treated him and talked about him this past year.

I do not think we can afford Kaberle.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Kaberle + Antropov

For

It's pretty good, value-wise. Like I said, though, we really aren't looking for star-calibre players, since we're pretty tight up against the cap and that would only compound the problem. How much for just Antropov?

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Noori

vCash: 700
Lombardi + 4th for Leopold as was mentioned in another thread.

+

Any pick or prospect not named "Backlund or 1st" for a top line center. If we can have that, then we're all set.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Saw Jiris Tlusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dions shoulder View Post
It addresses our needs, its just that I doubt Sutter will be trading Nemisz and especially not Backlund the way he has treated him and talked about him this past year.

I do not think we can afford Kaberle.
I doubted it too to be completely honest, but at least I know its fair value-wise. And about Kaberle his contract is fairly cheap 4.5M a year that's pretty much a bargain for a player his caliber unless you guys are really tight to the cap.

Quote:
It's pretty good, value-wise. Like I said, though, we really aren't looking for star-calibre players, since we're pretty tight up against the cap and that would only compound the problem. How much for just Antropov?
Antropov as many like to think otherwise will command a 1st IMO that should be enough to seal it for me.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Saw Jiris Tlusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
Lombardi + 4th for Leopold as was mentioned in another thread.

+

Any pick or prospect not named "Backlund or 1st" for a top line center. If we can have that, then we're all set.
I'm sorry, but most teams would be looking for a 1st if they are giving up a top line center.

Old
01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Dions shoulder

Quote:
I doubted it too to be completely honest, but at least I know its fair value-wise. And about Kaberle his contract is fairly cheap 4.5M a year that's pretty much a bargain for a player his caliber unless you guys are really tight to the cap.
By 'cannot afford' I mean we do not have the assets you need to be able to trade for him. We would be able to fit him under the cap next year if we wanted to.

Sutter will most likely be unwilling to trade his top prospects for Kaberle, and that is what it would take. Dont get me wrong, Kaberle would be worth trading Nemisz, a 1st and another decent prospect, but we are just not in the 'gotta win now' mode. Our core is locked up for a few more years, Iggy still has several years of elite level play in him, and Regehr is only 28.

Old
01-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJebus View Post
Failed. You can't start a proposal thread without a proposal.
Maybe I don't have one!

Well maybe just one..Jason Arnott would be one player who could make a difference for the Flames and not cap us out. Not sure what the Preds would want for him though.

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:05 AM
The Gaud Father

vCash: 50
I just want one of: first line center or a real PP quarter back. I want Kaberle the most but they'd be asking for a 1st AND Backlund. I think Backlund is untouchable unless a right deal is in place. Sutter is very high on the kid and so are most of the Flame fans.

The Gaud Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:14 AM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne08 View Post
Phx:
Backlund
3rd either 09 or 10

Cal:
Jokinen
Phoenix would love this, but they gave up this year's first rounder for Olli.
I don't think they'd do this because of that.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:40 AM
BIGBADBLAINE

The last thing we need is another D-man. Once Dion comes around and puts some pucks in the net all will be fine. Now if Kipper can make 1 extra save a night then they would have something. To add I like the idea of getting Sanford for a low draft pick. Kipper needs some rest down the stretch.

BIGBADBLAINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 07:45 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:

Calgary's needs are:

If Phaneuf pulled his head out of his ass you wouldn't think the Flames needed another offensive defenseman.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensyotes71 View Post
Phoenix would love this, but they gave up this year's first rounder for Olli.
I don't think they'd do this because of that.
They didn't give up a first rounder for Jokinen. They traded Ballard, Boynton, and a 2nd (49th overall).

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Spoke

I think Doug Weight is probably the most realistic option if the Flames don't want to give up a lot.

Could probably get him for a 2nd and a prospect. Of course this is assuming someone else doesn't make a better offer.

Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 08:42 AM
BringEvanderToTO

Quote:
Antropov is 2.1 million and a UFA at the end of the year probally cost you guys Boyd and montreal`s 2nd 09

BringEvanderToTO is offline   Reply With Quote