HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nick Boynton FLA

Old
01-13-2009, 01:38 PM
bmah03

vCash: 500
Nick Boynton FLA

Hey guys, just wondering what everyone thought the value of Nick Boynton (fla) would be at the deadline? I am a Canucks fan so I would prefer the trade in Canucks players but if you wanted him for your team any trade would be nice.
Thanks guys

bmah03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:26 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Does FL even trade him at the deadline if they're sitting where they are right now (1 pt out of a playoff spot)??

If they did decide to deal Boynton, I think it would be for a pick or a prospect.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:31 PM
bmah03

Yeah I thought about that too I had made a proposal that included Edler and a few more pieces for Horton and Boynton. But i figured I'd get flamed because of where they sit in the playoff race. I only propose this because of what florida tends to do with UFAs they are losing jbo so they might try to sign Boynton. I just thought it was worth an offer.

Old
01-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Biggzy*

I would want Raymond coming back but I'm sure Boynton alone wouldn't cut it. What else would need to be added?

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:50 PM
bmah03

Biggzy... i'm confused...
You're a Florida fan? And you want Raymond for Boynton straight up? And you think you'd need to add more to Boynton? Or you think it should be Raymond+ for Boynton?

Old
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah03 View Post
Biggzy... i'm confused...
You're a Florida fan? And you want Raymond for Boynton straight up? And you think you'd need to add more to Boynton? Or you think it should be Raymond+ for Boynton?
Yeah I'm a Florida fan. I was saying I would want Raymond in return, but I realize that Boynton would not be enough, so what else would Vancouver want for Raymond?

Old
01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

3rd rounder straight up or 4th-5th rounder plus very marginal prospect if Florida is in sell mode at the deadline.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 02:58 PM
bmah03

Honestly I think Boynton for Raymond is a straight up steal for Vancouver. Boynton is a solid dman. Is there something that Florida fans don't like about Boynton? Raymond is a good prospect, yound, FAST, and a pretty good shot... but i wouldn't say he's anywhere close to an elite prospect.

Old
01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Honestly I think Boynton for Raymond is a straight up steal for Vancouver. Boynton is a solid dman. Is there something that Florida fans don't like about Boynton? Raymond is a good prospect, yound, FAST, and a pretty good shot... but i wouldn't say he's anywhere close to an elite prospect.
I'd trade Boynton straight up for Raymond myself.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
As would I.

bmah03: No, I really like Boynton, I just didn't think he'd be enough. I think every Florida fan would agree that he has been a bright spot to us and has definitely overrachieved what was expected. I think Raymond has alot of potential, and I'm really big on players speed, which that kid has tons of. I'd hate to lose a guy like Boynton but Raymond could do really well in our system.

Old
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
bmah03

We have the cap space to make that deal right now and I think Boynton would be a nice fit on our team. On the Canucks board right now I started a proposal thread for Boynton and there has been a few offers. I did see a Raymond for Boynton+2nd?
Would you consider that? Or is the 2nd to much?

Old
01-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
We have the cap space to make that deal right now and I think Boynton would be a nice fit on our team. On the Canucks board right now I started a proposal thread for Boynton and there has been a few offers. I did see a Raymond for Boynton+2nd?
Would you consider that? Or is the 2nd to much?
I'd probably do it.

Old
01-13-2009, 03:19 PM
bmah03

All the Canucks fans want Horton to play with the twins, is he untouchable?

Old
01-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
All the Canucks fans want Horton to play with the twins, is he untouchable?
I don't think anyones untouchable, unless their name is Ovechkin. I don't know what kind of package it would take to get Horton though.

Old
01-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I don't want Boynton to go anywhere and would like to see him re-signed. He's solid defensively and has good chemistry with Ballard, and he's a decent fighter who'll stick up for his teammates. I'm hoping he's re-signed, tbh.

01-13-2009, 05:01 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

As a Bruin fan I liked boynton alot when he was in boston. ultimately he had to get moved due to the poor locker room that developed when he and thornton and raycroft and a few others formed a clique then all had issues with management

that management is gone now... as are the ringleaders of that old clique

if boynton was open minded about a return to boston and was not going to need a raise on his next contract, then id definitely be willing to part with one of our surplus cheap young 4th line types for him... a nokolainen or a karsums type... id prefer to just trade a draft pick though... id prob be willing to give us a second rounder since id be intending to keep Boynton for the future

i dont believe any team would give up a first for him. he did clear waivers after all just at the start of last season, so the general view of him is he is overpaid now

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:05 PM
decadentia

I would really like this guy in Philly, a combination of one of our D + something else and I would love to do it.

I can see Florida not wanting to get rid of him however, he's a great guy to have.

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2009, 05:20 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
I third/fourth that as a Panthers fan. Raymond would add more team speed to our club. He would be awesome with Weiss,Horton or Booth in certain situations. Boynton can be moved because of the money he'll want and/or young Dman coming up through our system soon.

-Maybe a third rounder,not a second but lets not argue about picks,just value

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote